GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,021 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The Definitive "Post A Pic of your Collection" Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a blog that had images of BGGers collections. The owner accepts images.

Problem is, I can't remember the link. I'll check and update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Scott
United States
New Yource
New York
flag msg tools
http://rck2.com/zp/Game+Closets/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Kramer
United States
Long Beach
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
These pictures are old. My collection has grown by at least 30% since these were taken.

Even so, in my game group my collection is dwarfed by almost all my friends'.

We are talking several hundred to a thousand games here folks.

surprise

Here's a shot that captures a tiny portion of one man's collection:

Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do I cringe every time I see game boxes standing on end like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
recently reorganized to be more "stacking" (of games with big boards anyway)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
I'll always jump for achance to show off my new shelves. Now with 50% less drywall dust:

[IMG]http://[/IMG]

HIGH RES: http://static.flickr.com/46/141054575_8919041b75_b.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blanco
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (James 2:15-16)
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't get it all in one shot, so I stitched the 4 pics together.
I've never had an issue with board warping or any other negative effects of stacking the games vertically.
However, I've had my share of crushed boxes when stacking horizontally.
Vertical alignment is tons easier when pulling a game off the shelf as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
This picture is about 2 years old and the cabinet is starting to
fill up, but I gotta tell you guys... no WAY my wife let my growing
collection stay anywhere visible in the house without a nice-looking
cabinet. Will likely need to start rotating or retiring games I
never play to storage in the next year or two, but that may be a
good thing

laugh

(2-foot deep for those curious, built out of modular
cabinets and installed by Home Depot, price: about 2500
out the door. VERY happy with the investment in my collection
and in my home.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am...humbled.

Gg (head held low)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My boardgame shelves. Collection grown 10-15% since. I have a seperate shelf for smaller card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Gamegrunt wrote:
I am...humbled.

Gg (head held low)

Well I like to think...sure they have hundreds of games...but they must have more than a few bad games they don't like...but keep them just to fill space.

It makes me feel better meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Scott
United States
New Yource
New York
flag msg tools
I won't vouch for the accuracy of this science... but I was told at a recent gathering that it is better to store your games in vertically. She said that this is immensely beneficial for vinyl records, which when laid flat, will inevitably warp. Of course, with all the air in the boxes and nothing pressing the boards flat against each other... who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Marostica
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Some people's collections are just sick. I can't imagine having more than 2 or 3 unplayed non-thrifted games in my collection. I'd imagine some of you have dozens of unplayed games. I think I'm too picky about buying games. And if I don't like a game it goes up for trade real fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blanco
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? (James 2:15-16)
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Some people's collections are just sick. I can't imagine having more than 2 or 3 unplayed non-thrifted games in my collection. I'd imagine some of you have dozens of unplayed games. I think I'm too picky about buying games. And if I don't like a game it goes up for trade real fast.

When I don't like a game it also goes up for trade. Just because I have something up for trade doesn't mean that other people immediately want it! I do have some unplayed (as of yet) games, but not dozens. I attempt to trade or sell the ones I don't like, but if I reasonably expect that I may want to play a game again, I keep it. Some people choose to only keep "top 10" cailber games, while others choose to keep anything that is enjoyable. Just a matter of preference.

As far as storing vertically, and the boards flopping around in the boxes...most have decent inserts that keep that from happening, and any that have a lot of air, I'll pad with something if I feel it's necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OBrien
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinyl has a tendency to warp when laid flat largely due to the weight of the stack, i think it's a different animal than paper/board warpage. Storing things vertically in my experience works as fine as flat, if there is proper support to keep the board or item from leaning or having its own weight cause it to warp. Personal experience only, not the result of a randomized clinical trial

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Kramer
United States
Long Beach
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can assure you that all of my open games get played or I wish to play them more. The unopen games are still waiting and I'll reserve final judgement for when they do get played.

I don't keep games that I don't like.

Not all of my games are for play with my game group. Some get played with family (including my 3 year old daughter).

Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwyjibo wrote:

With the folks I game with, I could probably have never bought a game and would have never wanted for games to play each week. 90% of the games in my collection are owned by multiple players in my group. However, I enjoy collecting the games I have. I enjoy that I can introduce my favorite games to new players (like my family). I also realize that I can't tell the future, and I might not always have the current players and their games around me. I can't tell which games will never get reprinted. I don't mind if a game sits unplayed in my collection, if its a decent game. If I don't enjoy the game, then yes, there isn't much point in holding on to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cashatt
United States
Eldora
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These pictures made me start drooling, I am an avid gamer and would be happy to help play through any of these collections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
Tried to do a panorama, not too great... maybe I need to take more pics up and down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.