Popular Tags: [View All]
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hello guys, I have recently launched a website with my current boardgame project at www.darkicegames.com and with the website I have prepared a short animated comic-style animation.

I would really like you opinion and feedback, thanks a lot!

Daklight Prologue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grFSX62d_ok
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The hardest part of becoming a self-made man has got to be creating your own DNA sequences.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting intro.

Needed more proof-reading on the captions. "Strafed" should have been "strayed", etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Thanks a lot for the advice.

Any other opinions on anything at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looked like the female characters started and stayed naked and yet the males managed to find clothing and what looked like armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hoya wrote:
It looked like the female characters started and stayed naked and yet the males managed to find clothing and what looked like armor.

Only 1 character found a worn out armour (The one with the broken sword), everyone else, including the other male remained naked until the end.

At the very end, you see all 4 of them with their respective clothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MauroP wrote:
Hoya wrote:

Only 1 character found a worn out armour (The one with the broken sword), everyone else, including the other male remained naked until the end.

I did see the group pic at the end where they all managed to scrounge some gear. (I only watched it once.) I thought overall it was a very interesting concept. I was just curious why it appeared (with only one viewing) that there was an imbalance in the degree of clothed vs unclothed (until the very end) that seemed split down gender lines.

I'm really not picking on you. You have a skill that I cannot dream of. Good for you in making some use of it! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hoya wrote:
MauroP wrote:
Hoya wrote:

I did see the group pic at the end where they all managed to scrounge some gear. (I only watched it once.) I thought overall it was a very interesting concept. I was just curious why it appeared (with only one viewing) that there was an imbalance in the degree of clothed vs unclothed (until the very end) that seemed split down gender lines.

I'm really not picking on you. You have a skill that I cannot dream of. Good for you in making some use of it! thumbsup

I hope I wasn't coming on too defensive, I was just trying to explain the situation to make sure we were on the same page

Still your feedback is very much appreciated, if that is your first impression then perhaps you are right and I should do something about it next time, to be perfectly honest with you, I would have made all 4 still naked until later just to make a point they start with "nothing" but then it would have been strange if the Heroes in the video had different gear from what they start the actual boardgame with!

Lastly, thanks a lot for your kind words, if you know anybody interested, just spread the word, it will really help a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
I was just curious why it appeared (with only one viewing) that there was an imbalance in the degree of clothed vs unclothed (until the very end) that seemed split down gender lines.

It's always imbalanced:
http://montyrohde.deviantart.com/art/Check-Out-Those-Stats-3...

I'm torn though, the logical part of me says armor should be protective but the straight male part of me says: maybe it's magic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I just want to point out in Darklight, the only woman who is not dressing much is due to the fact she needs to jump against walls, and do back-flips to evade opponents, I believe lots of covering on her flesh would be equal to an Olympic gymnast wearing a scuba diving suit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't say I didn't like it.
I just said I noticed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hoya wrote:
I didn't say I didn't like it.
I just said I noticed it.

Sneaky...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The hardest part of becoming a self-made man has got to be creating your own DNA sequences.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
MauroP wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:
Interesting intro.

Needed more proof-reading on the captions. "Strafed" should have been "strayed", etc.

I found the promo visually interesting, but after watching it I can tell the game's premise is definitely not something that appeals to me. No need to belabor the point.

Just not my cup of tea, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
claymore_57 wrote:
MauroP wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:
Interesting intro.

I found the promo visually interesting, but after watching it I can tell the game's premise is definitely not something that appeals to me. No need to belabor the point.

Just not my cup of tea, sorry.

That's fair enough really, there are those who likes dungeon crawlers and those who don't. Just like some likes action movies and some who do not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.