Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've read things from numerous people whom I trust that suggest this had some serious problems out of the box.

I know that it's had updated rules and errata, but I'm asking if that has changed this enough to make it a good purchase. I'm interested in comments from people who have played it both before and after the "fixes."

I'm hoping it's been made better as I am a definite fan of the Pacific Theater and card-driven wargames.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
I've read things from numerous people whom I trust that suggest this was released far too early and was terrible out of the box.

I know that it's had updated rules and errata, but I'm asking if that has changed this enough to make it a good purchase. I'm interested in comments from people who have played it both before and after the "fixes."

I'm hoping it's been made better as I am a definite fan of the Pacific Theater and card-driven wargames.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Based on the contents of the CSW forum lately, the rules issues have largely died down. There are some concerns with play balance, but the current tournament used bidding with Strategic Will, and all of the games in the first round where it was played with a bid other than the default, the player who gave up points lost.

Mark Herman has stated that he is leaving the rules as they are for at least the rest of the year.

So it looks pretty stable now. Be sure you have the 1.4 rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Fago
United States
Seneca
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I enjoyed the game when I got it and the rules out of the box. It's even better with the rules update. IMO, a can't miss either way.

Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
IGNITION - bringing enlightenment where once all was dark
mbmbmbmbmb
So where does one find rules version 1.4. Version 1.1 seems to be the most recent rules version posted on the GMT website.

Ok, never mind, I found them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the 1.4 on the gmt site either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik S Törnblom
Sweden
Karlskrona
flag msg tools
Version 2.0 is on the designer's page:

http://members.tripod.com/~MarkHerman/eotsrulesv2.0.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.