Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A narrow escape from a blazing inferno rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing at heroic level, the initial set-up looked pretty ugly, but our companion the Driver/Operator had a couple of perfect shots to begin with, so it seemed everything was more or less okay. I was the Hazmat Technician, and removed a couple of hazmats while also fighting fires and investigating places of interest, while my partner the CAFS Firefighter got most of the flames pretty well under control, even if he did have to chop through one of the walls to do it.

So, things had been progressing pretty nicely, we had rescued a few victims, and the house wasn't in imminent danger of collapse. And then. The problem with Heroic is that there are 12 hotspots, in addition to all the ones that start on the board. So there was one turn when it seemed like we hit ten hot spots in a row. There were some explosions. Suddenly large parts of the house were on fire. And of course there was a victim right in the middle of it, looking so hopeless that I had to take a picture.

There had also been two victims in that green bathroom, who died in a single chemical explosion. Oops.

Needless to say, it wasn't looking good. A large part of the house seemed to be a write-off. But at least only one of the POI was caught in the inferno. We decided we had to just abandon that part of the house, and almost all hope of fighting fire, and just try to rescue a few other victims on the other side of the building. We headed over to the bedroom, and managed to rescue one victim from the flames there. The situation was so bad that the paramedic considered committing suicide, reducing a fire to smoke and then stepping on it, because it seemed like he wouldn't be able to get out of the house. Fortunately reason prevailed, and he just waited a turn until someone else could rescue him. He couldn't get out through the bedroom door, but we drove around to the chess room entrance and fought our way through to him from there. Fortunately there were two victims in the chess room, fairly close to the door, and once the paramedic was free from the blaze he had just enough energy to make his way over and heal one of them.

We feared for a moment that it still wouldn't be enough, because the CAFS firefighter was standing two spaces away from the ambulance, with one healed victim and one unhealed. We didn't think we could make it. But then the brave firefighter dug deep and found a hidden reserve of strength, so that he was just able to pull the unconscious victim from the house before the building collapsed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
I do hope however, that this POI left to burn, was not the Kitty! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, nope, it turned out to be a false alarm . The cat and dog got out safely near the beginning. They were together in the kitchen, and followed the Paramedic out after he paused to treat their wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunyazad wrote:
Hehe, nope, it turned out to be a false alarm . The cat and dog got out safely near the beginning. They were together in the kitchen, and followed the Paramedic out after he paused to treat their wounds.

You mean pawsed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb