Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aleš Matas
Czech Republic
Pilsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

in two weeks I'm travelling to London. I'm going to spend there one week and I would like to by some game. Do you have a tip for a good shop with board games? The best will be probably the adrress, I'll buy a map a try to reach the shop ... ;]

Thanks

Alladjex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Palfreyman
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would recommend "Playin Games" at 33 Museum Street, London , WC1A 1LH.

Just Google the name "playin games" and follow the link to the allinlondon.cu.uk hit and you'll get a map, nearest underground etc.

One word of warning: All of the Euro games are downstairs but its easy to go into the shop and miss the stairs completely, especially if there are a few people in the shop!

As an added bonus the shop is right near the British Museum which is free to enter and well worth a visit if you like that kind of things.

Enjoy your stay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Valente
United Arab Emirates
Unspecified
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I would highly recommend taking a small list with you, in this list you should write down the games you are interested in, and their price in german online stores.

If you place a small size order in any online shop, the total cost will probably be A LOT cheaper than buying games in London and carrying them back home.

In London it's only worth buying:
- games that are hard to find in english and are very language dependent
- items on sale
- small and cheap games

The pound is too expensive for the rest of us

Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mnvalente wrote:
too expensive
Have to agree with Mario - London isn't the place to come for cheap games

Playin' Games doesn't have a website to research beforehand, but the other best shop in London does:

Leisure Games
100 Ballards Lane
Finchley
London N3 2DN
www.leisuregames.com

You'll need a map of the suburbs to find that one (e.g. the London A-Z book), or at least the map page linked from their website plus a map of the Underground. PG is a whole lot easier to get to, but LG has more stock, and prices are maybe 1 pound cheaper.

Ales, if you have any information to add to the thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/108759 about Prag, please do so - I'll be there later in the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also 'Orcs Nest' which is just off Cambridge Circus and within walking distance of Playingames, does Euros and Wargames upstairs. Playingames is definitely the one to head for, even if just to browse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls