Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark your calendars!

GAME STORE PLANS BOARD & CARD GAME AUCTION

NORTH OLMSTED, OH, MAY 9, 2006: Cleveland-based hobby game store I’m Game today announced it will hold a board and card game auction to take place on June 10, 2006 from noon to 6 p.m. at their North Olmsted store at Great Northern Mall.

“Come clean out your closets and get some games that you actually want!” said Wendy Kerschner, who co-owns I’m Game with her husband, Mike. “We’ll take care of everything; just bring your games in.”

I’m Game plans to auction off all the games brought in, to anyone who wishes to participate; in return, the auctionees receive store credit equal to the amount the games were auctioned.

“We plan on taking special orders for people to make sure the games they want are on hand,” explained Kerschner, “That way, they get the specific games they want and are able to sell their old games to people who want them. Everybody wins!”

I’m Game is a ‘total service’ hobby and family game store, supplying helpful suggestions for your gaming needs and offering ample store space to teach games and present hands-on demonstrations. I’m Game provides a wide range of event possibilities from school game clubs and birthday parties to special interest groups and corporate occasions. For further information, contact Steve Zamborsky at (440) 864-3400.

If anybody has any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
Steve Zamborsky, Marketing Director
I'm Game - Great Games For Everyone!
www.imgamestore.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Cockerilll
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thats a great idea. I'm there! I wish more FLGS were like this one.
Nate "Killjoy" Cockerill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Cleveland, OH-based store presents Used Board Game Aucti
cry well, I can't 'make' IT to this, as I'll be in the general "vicinity" of Olympia, WA state for a "minis" Convention upon this 'date'!
[i]"CURSE you, Red Baron!"
angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kantor
United States
Bay Village
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am marking my calender. This is a great idea and I hope it is a huge success! "I'm Game" is the best game store around Cleveland with helpful staff and a family friendly environment. Definately check them out if you have not already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! Unfortunately:

1. I live 9 hours away.
2. That weekend is between Carlisle and my game night. I can't make the excuse to go there.
3. I haven't got any games to auction off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik: Sorry you're too far away to make it. I wanted to point out, though, that even though you don't have any games to auction you can still come and bid on (and win) games that are being auctioned off. You never know what kinds of deals you'll find at a good auction.

Matt & Nate: Thanks for the kind words; hopefully you'll be able to get some good bargains (and/or auction off some games you don't want any more). I'll see you there!

Robert: Too bad about the distance between us; ever come to the Midwest? Because it'd be great to meet you in person. Maybe for the next one, perhaps.

www.imgamestore.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Er, can we submit games from France? I can get someone keys to my house and pick up a couple of games I wouldn't mind parting with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get 'em to the store and we'll auction them off for you, Greg! laugh

www.imgamestore.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Leonhard
United States
Aldie
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
agnespoodle wrote:
Er, can we submit games from France? I can get someone keys to my house and pick up a couple of games I wouldn't mind parting with.

Greg, I have to go to your town sometime in the next week and a half.. I can certainly pick up your games and take 'em to I'm Game with my 43 copies of Monopoly. Let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kantor
United States
Bay Village
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve,

how will the auction work? Will you put items up one at a time or will you do a blind bidding system where all the items can be bid on over the course of the day?

I am spreading the word to some of my gamer friends.

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shat wrote:
Steve,

how will the auction work? Will you put items up one at a time or will you do a blind bidding system where all the items can be bid on over the course of the day?

I am spreading the word to some of my gamer friends.

Matt

We'll be auctioning off the items one at a time in a live bid auction format, unless the items lend themselves to be auctioned off in lots (examples: CCGs, mass market boardgames from the same person like Life, Monopoly). That way, there's no need to hang around the whole time to see if your bid(s) won; people can come and go as they please, bidding on whatever's available at the time.

To note: If you're auctioning off some games and are unsure about what the starting bid should be for some of them, we'll certainly help you figure that out, if necessary.

Thanks for spreading the word, Matt! We're really looking forward to doing this and are glad that gamers are excited about it as well.

www.imgamestore.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The auction at I'm Game was enjoyable. There were more games available than I would have expected. A lot of it wasn't junk, though I am going to slap Mike G. for the sheer bulk of basement crap he dropped off. At least most of his stuff was eventually bought, thanks to a second go through of the unbiddables. Late attendees, who ended up being more of the general public, seemed to the more appropriate audience for that stuff anyway... though I will admit to picking up a couple things for my younger kids in that last go-around.

I personally had no problem with the length of the auction, but here are a couple things I thought about when driving home:

1) I felt bad for anyone who had their items sold last, i.e. the people with stuff strictly underneath the table. These people lost a lot of the original crowd as the afternoon wore on. I think a more randomized order would have worked to solve that.

2) It might have been easier to have the "garage sale"-type games done as a silent auction running the duration, possibly with a buyout price OR contact information for those that wish to leave the auction early. What determines a "garage-sale" game would be up to those in charge, of course.

Kudos to the staff at I'm Game, especially Steve, for arranging and successfully running this event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls