Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how this works I think.
The understanding I have now, which I think is wrong, is that I have, say, 12 AP guns. If I had 3 counters of infantry in front of an Ogre I could apply 4 AP to each of them, or 6 to 2 counters etc. as long as I don't fire at a single counter more than the one time. If this is true and I only had one counter of infantry in front of my Ogre could I apply the full 12 AP for the automatic kill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how this works I think.
The understanding I have now, which I think is wrong, is that I have, say, 12 AP guns. If I had 3 counters of infantry in front of an Ogre I could apply 4 AP to each of them, or 6 to 2 counters etc. as long as I don't fire at a single counter more than the one time. If this is true and I only had one counter of infantry in front of my Ogre could I apply the full 12 AP for the automatic kill?

Not only could you, it would be the only logical thing to do. Since your understanding of how AP against infantry works is correct, you might as well throw everything at it; because if you miss, you can't take a second shot at the same infantry with the APs. You _could_ fire at them with a different weapon (Main battery, secondary, whatever). The "can't fire at the same target" rule applies to AP weapons only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the verification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also play that the AI in your Ogre has learned enlightenment and is no longer interested in indiscriminate killing and so leaves the infantry alone. Maybe it offers them lunch?

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AP? Just give a player more choices than he can quickly process and watch as he sits there and starts to drool, his eyes going blank as he tries to select one of a dozen options.

What? You mean that's not AP?

I'm so confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
AP? Just give a player more choices than he can quickly process and watch as he sits there and starts to drool, his eyes going blank as he tries to select one of a dozen options.

I'm so confused.

You're clearly overthinking this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
PhilReed wrote:

I'm so confused.

You're clearly overthinking this!

Welcome to Steve Jackson Games!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.