flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:
corkysru wrote:
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:
Math traders can decide for themselves.

Maybe, I'm in the minority. I am often.

Check out feedback with anyone your trading. Decide for yourself.

Let's agree to disagree
As one who is also normally in the minority.. I will happily do that!

I'm just glad I wasn't expecting the X-wing bundle from that guy in the leftovers trade.. lol
Oh my, right!

That's a bad trader!
... working on it ...

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate you too Matt.

I can't imagine having to deal with a situation like that. Oh my!

I certainly appreciate you've done everything you can to fix the situation. You're a great guy and do a lot of great things for the math trade community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:
What does Alex's trading practices have to do with the Spring is Coming 2014 math trade? This is way off base guys
Agreed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:
What does Alex's trading practices have to do with the Spring is Coming 2014 math trade? This is way off base guys
Agreed
Aren't you one that brought Alex into this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:
Agreed
I don't think he brought him into this... But he WAS participating in the discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Taloncarde wrote:
Agreed
I never mentioned anyone in particular. Just discussing shipping practices and then drifted to poor packaging form previous trades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a game in one of the regional priority boxes that don't leave any room for protective packaging. The game showed up with a small dent along one edge of the front cover, which appears to match a similar dent on the priority box, so I imagine it happened during shipping. To me, it's not a big deal, but if I end up trading the game at some point, it becomes an issue. Proper packaging should really be a requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth J. Mazor
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mpb2000 wrote:
The game showed up with a small dent along one edge of the front cover, which appears to match a similar dent on the priority box, so I imagine it happened during shipping. To me, it's not a big deal, but if I end up trading the game at some point, it becomes an issue.
Yeah... this.

"Like new" became "heavy ding & dent" in transit. I know I enjoy the game and want to have it in my collection, but I really dislike the edition. I don't mind the crunchy damage, but I will want to trade this copy away if I ever get my hands on the nicer edition and now it's less tradable.

I took some pictures and in theory the shipper is making a postal claim on my behalf. The whole thing just feels really wasteful. Takes time from me and the shipper and the post office and I think the post office usually takes the damaged goods if they agree to compensate for damage and that feels really wasteful as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rootbierz wrote:
mpb2000 wrote:
The game showed up with a small dent along one edge of the front cover, which appears to match a similar dent on the priority box, so I imagine it happened during shipping. To me, it's not a big deal, but if I end up trading the game at some point, it becomes an issue.
Yeah... this.

"Like new" became "heavy ding & dent" in transit. I know I enjoy the game and want to have it in my collection, but I really dislike the edition. I don't mind the crunchy damage, but I will want to trade this copy away if I ever get my hands on the nicer edition and now it's less tradable.

I took some pictures and in theory the shipper is making a postal claim on my behalf. The whole thing just feels really wasteful. Takes time from me and the shipper and the post office and I think the post office usually takes the damaged goods if they agree to compensate for damage and that feels really wasteful as well.
For me, they just sent a check for the insurance amount and didn't ask to see anything betide the photos I uploaded to their insurance claim site. Took about three weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
United States
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My sender sent me a brand new replacement box direct from GMT and offered to handle the postal claim for me since he had 2 that he was filing already for games he was on the receiving end. Apparently he had even worse luck than I did as one game was lost and the other game was totaled in shipment. I had no idea replacement boxes were even possible and it fixes the damage quite appropriately. He was very understanding of my disappointment easy to work with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take it the new one arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
St0ckpile wrote:
My sender sent me a brand new replacement box direct from GMT and offered to handle the postal claim for me since he had 2 that he was filing already for games he was on the receiving end. Apparently he had even worse luck than I did as one game was lost and the other game was totaled in shipment. I had no idea replacement boxes were even possible and it fixes the damage quite appropriately. He was very understanding of my disappointment easy to work with.
So...

We have traders who act like traitors instead and don't send their games;
We have traders who can't seem to package a box so a game doesn't get destroyed; and
We have delivery services that can't seem to deliver a package intact.

I wonder what is with people lately, because I keep hearing more of these stories post-trade as of the last few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be a glutton for punishment. However, please note some edits to the rules, inspired by the last ones I ran.

Trade List: April Showers Bring Math Trade - US Only
Request List: April Showers Bring Math Trade - US Only(REQUESTS)
Discussion Thread: April Showers Bring Math Trade - US Only (DISCUSSION)

Dates
- Submissions close: Thursday April 10, 2014 at 8:30pm EST
- Wants due: Tuesday April 15, 2014 at 8:30pm EST
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27  |