Derek Jung
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Are there any game stores in or around Lancaster besides Six Feet Under? I was hoping to go there tomorrow (the only day I'm in town), but unfortunately their website says they're closed on Mondays.

Any help is appreciated....Thanks!

Derek

P.S. Does anyone have any information on The Comic Store? Any games or gaming merchandise? Their website has a "Coming Soon" banner up and nothing else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try checking in with Games Surplus, an internet based gameseller. I believe the owners both work other jobs but they have been willing to let people browse at their warehouse if it fits their schedule. It might be too late to work something out at this point though since you are headed that way tomorrow....:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Blunderbuss

Pennsylvania
msg tools
I happened to be in Lancaster on Saturday: Is Six Feet Under even open at all any longer? My partner and I looked and it seemed closed as in shut down zombie rather than closed as in not open on Saturdays...

It is worth the hour's drive to go over to West Chester to the Game Keep, though, if you can afford the gas and time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weaver
United States
Glen Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Six Feet Under games is still open, they just moved. For those that don't know, their new address is:

Six Feet Under Games
844 West Main Street

Brookshire Plaza

New Holland, PA 17557

717-351-0359

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Jung
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
You could try checking in with Games Surplus, an internet based gameseller. I believe the owners both work other jobs but they have been willing to let people browse at their warehouse if it fits their schedule. It might be too late to work something out at this point though since you are headed that way tomorrow....:-)

That would be pretty neat, but I'm pretty sure it's too late to arrange anything like that. I've always wondered what it's like inside one of those warehouses, though.

LudoGnome wrote:
It is worth the hour's drive to go over to West Chester to the Game Keep, though, if you can afford the gas and time.

Tempting, but too many family commitments to go out there. Guess I'm outta luck. I'm sure my wife will be happy about it though.

Thanks,

Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phurballdj wrote:
I've always wondered what it's like inside one of those warehouses, though.

It looks remarkably like somebody's basement - filled with games. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weaver
United States
Glen Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I missed the original message's ps. The comic store has more comics and rpg stuff than anything. There's some boardgames, but they're on a bottom shelf underneasth all the rpg source books on the left hand side of the store behind shelves of toys and magazines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
rodspade wrote:
phurballdj wrote:
I've always wondered what it's like inside one of those warehouses, though.

It looks remarkably like somebody's basement - filled with games. meeple

Dang! Beat me to it.....

googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Jung
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twkw wrote:
I missed the original message's ps. The comic store has more comics and rpg stuff than anything. There's some boardgames, but they're on a bottom shelf underneasth all the rpg source books on the left hand side of the store behind shelves of toys and magazines.

Sounds like a miss then, for me. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kinsey
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to give them a call - unless things changed they used to be open on Mondays (but only until 5 pm...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Desmond
United States
Newark
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salutations !

You may want to know that both Historicon (www.hmgs.org, www.historicon.org) and the World Boardgame Championships will be held at the Lancaster Host in the very near future.

The dealers' room and flea markets at Historicon often have some good deals on boardgames, both war and Euro.

Yours, John Desmond

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Historicon is July 20th-23rd this year and is well worth the trip if you've never been. I went as a casual observer a few years back and got dragged into a game on the English Civil War and had a great time. (Got crushed, but had a great time)

Even if you manage to avoid the roundheads it's worth going just to see. People come from around the world for this critter. There was a Japanese delegation playing their side of Iwo Jima.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolness. I will be in that area next week (Coatesville, Lancaster). Might have to journey to the game stores to see what's up. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Valien wrote:
Coolness. I will be in that area next week (Coatesville, Lancaster). Might have to journey to the game stores to see what's up. zombie

Coatesville is pretty close to Games Keep in West Chester, an excellent, well-stocked store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Twkw wrote:
Six Feet Under games is still open, they just moved. For those that don't know, their new address is:

Six Feet Under Games
844 West Main Street

Brookshire Plaza

New Holland, PA 17557

717-351-0359

Hang on -- Six Feet Under moved farther away from the Good 'n Plenty restaurant? Are they insane? Who made THAT decision?????
    It's bad enough to make me consider mail order.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
one game store not too far away from Lancaster is Pastimes, which is located on the main street in Palmyra, PA about three miles east of Hershey. They generally have a good selection of both Euros and wargames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tinling
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hang on -- Six Feet Under moved farther away from the Good 'n Plenty restaurant? Are they insane? Who made THAT decision????? It's bad enough to make me consider mail order.

Sag."

Sag,

They weren't given a whole lot of choice in the matter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls