Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to Denver next week for a music teaching conference, staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Denver Southeast. I was wondering if anyone knew any good game stores close to said hotel, walking or tram/taxi distance, preferably walking. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcjackso wrote:
Attactix is in Aurora, SE (I think) of Denver. One of my two favorite game stores.

I'll check it out, I am just looking for someplace with some different games than what I have around my hometown (IE: Nothing).

EDIT: ANy actually IN denver, though? I am looking for something pretty close to the hotel I am staying in, I won't have my own transportation outside of paying for cabs or something, which I dont want to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcjackso wrote:
Well, unless you're downtown, Denver is pretty spread out and not very walk-able. There are lots of little towns that I think of as 'Denver' but actually aren't. (Like Santa Monica isn't really L.A.) But if it is a short cab ride, it's worth it, so give them a call!. It's one of my favorite places...lots of Euro's, a decent wargame section, lots of mini's, very helpful staff, etc.

Eh, it sounds great and all, I just don't know if I will have enough for the cab ride and any good games, I'm on a pretty tight budget, if its not on the route with my vans (its a college trip) than its probably low probability that I will make it there. I'll try though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
Yes, Attacktix is not a cab ride away. I don't think there are any good stores IN Denver. I will mull over it tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
Yes, Attacktix is not a cab ride away. I don't think there are any good stores IN Denver. I will mull over it tonight.

Ah, well, thats surprising, but understandable. If you find any worth visiting lmk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, AFAIK, Attacktix (sp?) is the closest game store to the Four Points Sheraton. There are some anime stores I've heard of in Aurora, which might end up being closer, but I haven't been to them. I usually take the freeway in that area (I'm from Longmont, about an hour north), but MapQuest puts the distance at 6.3 miles on surface streets. More than I'd want to walk, but they're your legs. If it helps, the hotel is at 6363 East Hampden, and the store is at 15107 East Hampden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several old threads on this topic (actually with exactly the same title even)! Here is a link to the most complete one. I mentioned all the ones I knew of and a little bit about each one. Here is the link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/458569#458569

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though the hotel and Attactix are techincally on the same road don't let that fool you for a minute. There is no way you'd want to make that trip on foot since the Cherry Creek reservoir and dam kind of get in the way and stop it from being a straight shot down one road. Actually the closest store too you is probably Bonnie Brae Hobbies. It's about 4 miles away. Here's the address:

3421 S. Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113
(303) 806-6526

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a 6.1 mile walk one way to Attactix.

If you are going to be in Denver 6/20, you can order from www.timewellspent.org and come to the Denver Games get together at Borders. Dave will be there to deliver the games. Though I'm not sure how you'd get from the Hotel to Borders (it is 9.3 miles).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
junesen wrote:
It is a 6.1 mile walk one way to Attactix.

If you are going to be in Denver 6/20, you can order from www.timewellspent.org and come to the Denver Games get together at Borders. Dave will be there to deliver the games. Though I'm not sure how you'd get from the Hotel to Borders (it is 9.3 miles).

Naw, won't be down till week after this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls