Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the official discussion thread for the Tucson Tabletop Day No Ship Math Trade:

Tucson Tabletop Day No Ship Math Trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, team, start adding your junk to the list!

The MT will show up in the OLWLG shortly -- I've submitted the request to add it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Odd. I click on your link and it says the geeklist does not exist. Did you forget to publish it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MScrivner wrote:
Odd. I click on your link and it says the geeklist does not exist. Did you forget to publish it?
This thread was published before the MT geeklist was live -- it should be available now. Let me know if it's still yelling at you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
MScrivner wrote:
This thread was published before the MT geeklist was live -- it should be available now. Let me know if it's still yelling at you.
Or I could go ahead and uncheck the option to make it Private.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MikeTuna wrote:
MikeTuna wrote:
MScrivner wrote:
Or I could go ahead and uncheck the option to make it Private.
I see how it is - you just wanted all the trades for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bunch of promo cards and what not, that are too small to throw on a normal math trade, but they could work here. Anyone think I should bother to throw these on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Southwest
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
dshortdesign wrote:
I have a bunch of promo cards and what not, that are too small to throw on a normal math trade, but they could work here. Anyone think I should bother to throw these on?
You could do a "Pick two" lot with all of them. That way there would be more requests as different folks would want different ones. (In theory at least)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
dshortdesign wrote:
You could do a "Pick two" lot with all of them. That way there would be more requests as different folks would want different ones. (In theory at least)
Great idea. I might do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BLAMMO!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not looking to trade games, but would like to sell some. Does anyone know if there are any threads for that for the upcoming game day or should I create a new one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meskue wrote:
I'm not looking to trade games, but would like to sell some. Does anyone know if there are any threads for that for the upcoming game day or should I create a new one?
I would just suggest posting all the games under a single entry in our Tucson Only - No Ship - Flea Market. The response is usually pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow there's some decent stuff in the trade so far. Good job, team. Now, this weekend, if everyone could just go ahead and "want" all of my stuff, that would make things notably easier for me. You won't be disappointed*.

* You might actually be very disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
Holy cow there's some decent stuff in the trade so far. Good job, team. Now, this weekend, if everyone could just go ahead and "want" all of my stuff, that would make things notably easier for me. You won't be disappointed*.

Yes, and if everyone could please NOT "want" Rampage, so I can get it, that would be great, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan K
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool to see some great games on the list.

I've got several that I'm planning on posting up too. Hopefully I'll get some free time tonight to be able to double-check the components and condition, then add them to the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler5 wrote:
MikeTuna wrote:

Yes, and if everyone could please NOT "want" Rampage, so Mike can get it, that would be great, too.
I fixed your typo. You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dunkle
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to put up some decent stuff if I get the chance. Couple of things here I could use.

EDIT: and by "use" I mean "put on my shelf and occasionally look at wistfully"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI, I might be up in Phoenix for the day tomorrow and if so, depending on when I get home I might be a bit late in closing out the offer list and opening up the want list submission period. You can still obviously get started making your want lists and maybe we'll even get a few more last-second offers of more awesomeness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peoble
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question about the text field in your want lists that lets you order your list. Does this value do anything besides order your list? Does it provide input to the trade organizer algorithm, telling it what your game priorities are? If so, what is "higher" priority, a low number or a high number? The wiki entry is very confusing for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peoblej wrote:
Quick question about the text field in your want lists that lets you order your list. Does this value do anything besides order your list? Does it provide input to the trade organizer algorithm, telling it what your game priorities are? If so, what is "higher" priority, a low number or a high number? The wiki entry is very confusing for this.
For this particular math trade, the text field has absolutely zero impact on how the software determines trades -- it's just for you to organize your items.

However, depending on how the moderator is running the MT, it potentially could matter. TradeMax (the software) always tries to find the most total trades. If there are multiple situations where the same number of trades can be made, it will choose one based on whatever secondary metric is provided. In the header of this trade (in with all the rules), you can see that the metric I'm using (and the one most commonly used for MT's) is "user's trading". This means that if there are two trade scenarios where 15 trades will happen, it will give preference to the one which involves the most unique users getting at least one trade.

There is another metric which can be used instead which gives preference based on the value set in the priority box. I've only seen one person run a MT like this just for fun and it was largely pretty confusing to everyone and I'm not sure what kind of impact it had on the results, so it's rarely used. Still, if I'm ever joining a MT, I always check the secondary metric being used just to be sure. There are a actually several different metrics available -- I also saw one which tried to give preference to items traveling the shortest distance.

This is what you want to look for to see what the MT is using:

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peoble
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Want Lists can now be submitted. Sorry for the delay in switching over. There was a really nasty accident on I-10 coming back from Phoenix and we got held up for about two hours and we were the lucky ones who were actually able to get off the freeway. There were a bunch of cars lined up like a parking lot after the off ramp. I-10 eastbound is completely shut down and likely will be for awhile. Current news is reporting three fatalities, so all-in-all a two hour delay seems pretty insignificant. Anyway, glad to be home finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there are several gift certificates (mainly for Bookman's), I also wanted to add a note here regarding arbitrage and how it will be handled. Arbitrage essentially means trying to "trade up" with a money or gift certificate item to a higher valued GC. So, I'm not supposed to try to trade my $25 GC for a $40 GC.

If there is an arbitrage incident in the final results, I will manually remove the higher-value GC from the want list for that item and re-run the results. For example, If Todd adds a $40 GC to the want list for his $26 GC and ends up getting it in the results, I will manually edit the want list for his $26 GC item by removing the $40 GC, then re-run the results before posting them. If the higher-valued GC is a part of a duplicate protection group (which would never happen in the example above since Todd shakes his fist in the face of duplicate protection), I will leave the GC in the duplicate protection group and simply remove that group from the want list for his GC.

In short, just don't try to trade GC's for GC's and we'll all be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI, I will be submitting a blank want list for my Saint Petersburg if anyone was interested in it. It sold in the BGG Marketplace last night right after I locked down the Math Trade offer list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peoble
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
Just FYI, I will be submitting a blank want list for my Saint Petersburg if anyone was interested in it. It sold in the BGG Marketplace last night right after I locked down the Math Trade offer list.
Ahh bummer. I was hoping for that one. I have heard great things about it but have never gotten a chance to play. Out of curiosity, why are you getting rid of it Mike? Did you by chance spring for the new one being crowd funded right now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Want list submitted. Hope I did it all right. Guess we'll find out Monday night. Thanks Mike for all the pointers and assistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |