Popular Tags: [View All]
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had heard there was a game store in the Conway area of New Hampshire. Any truth to that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to a game store located in a small shopping center in North Conway. It's between the Settler's Outlet Village (the large outlet center in North Conway) and the LL Bean Outlet. It does not face the street, but it's in the only shopping center between the two.
Now for the bad news... Their boardgame supply was slim to none. I remember seeing Axis & Allies, Risk and some other mainstream games. There was next to nothing as far as Eurogames are concerned. The store did have a decent collection og RPG merchandise, but it is definitely not a boardgaming store.

Does anyone else know of another store in the North Conway area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer... There used to be a store in Conway, but it is now closed.
http://www.crossroadgames.com/about.php

Looks like it was successful. Too bad.

By the way... I assume you've tried Geeks and Gamers in Meredith. Is it worth the 1 hour trip for me? The only other store that is near me is Triple Play Games in Lebanon, NH - but that is also an hour drive. Have you been there? If you've been to both, is one better than the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Lowd
United States
Cornish
Maine
flag msg tools
I live near that area, Cornish ME, and the only game store I know of near by is Crossroads in Standish ME. I don't believe they have a great boardgame selection either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
kilarney wrote:

By the way... I assume you've tried Geeks and Gamers in Meredith. Is it worth the 1 hour trip for me?

I go up there every other week to play with the store owner then go down to game night for the 6am gamers in Laconia. So although it's a 1 hour trip for me, with all the gaming, it's well worth going. The store has a decent selection of games, and can order stuff for you. They just started giving a $10 discount for every $100 spent. The selection is not huge, but generally he gets in the new releases. He just opened this year, so if business goes well, the selection could expand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig J
United States
East Hampton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The gamestore in North Conway that Kilarney is referring to is "Charlie's Comics". When I visited Charlie's shop about a year ago, he was in the process of moving to the store described above. The inventory was really light on boardgames, and heavy on CCGs, as well as other collectibles (sports & comics). It was a nice clean shop though and had a rather large gaming area established close to the front door.

Charlie told me that he hosted alot of CCG Tourneys.

I just passed by his shop about three weeks ago while on vacation and it appears that his shop was still open. Maybe his inventory for boardgames has increased since I was last there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes... here it is:
http://www.charliescomicsandcards.com/

I was there in February or March. Judging by the boardgame section of the online store, not much has changed:
http://www.charliescomicsandcards.com/onlinestoreboardgames....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

I do go to Geeks and Gamers on a regular basis. I buy 90% of my games from them and they are only about 25 minutes away. Raye and Jamie are great guys.

I had to run over to Conway and thought I would pop my head in if there were any good game stores around. I thought I had heard of one and now that I recall it was Crossroad games that I was thinking of...but it is gone from that location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al waterwood
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I was recently in Merideth the other day and it looks like Geeks and Gamers is closed and gone out of business. Is this true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If true, that's a TOTAL bummer. I really liked that store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al waterwood
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sorry you are bummed. I don't get to Merideth too often, this was the first time I tried to find the place. I know it opened about a year ago.
Some of the guys at charlies comics told about the place opening up. Since I was in the area I figured I would check it out, but the place looked unused. I called the phone number I had for the place and the number has been disconnected. pretty sure sign of closure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls