Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know someone said to "flip the b" ? How is this done exactly?

My tower, out of the box, only holds 1-2 cubes on the initial drop, I hear it should hold 13-15 or so. This totally ruins the game.

Can anyone help me out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has tabs that fit into slots in the tower. Slide the tabs out of the slots, re-orient it so the "face up" side now faces down, and slide the tabs back into the slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well , it holds about 6-8 on average now.

It's stll not good enough to play the game as intended IMO.

What a disappointment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems defective to me. They should replace it. The game won't work with that tower. Perhaps while you're waiting for customer service you can try to cover up some of the holes with tape or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
United States
Cordova
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Guardic Gaiden
mbmbmbmbmb
Shmello50 wrote:
Seems defective to me. They should replace it. The game won't work with that tower. Perhaps while you're waiting for customer service you can try to cover up some of the holes with tape or something.

HA! that's exactly what I did and my tower averages around 25 cubes stuck inside at any time.. I tend to have a lot of turns with 3 or 4 action points and 2 or 3 colors now. it's pretty hard to finish the big islands now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Devine
Australia
Lara
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Had the same issue, flipped both a and b (b alone didn't make much difference), and now it's holding 13-15'ish.. one test drop held 20.

Only received 6 brown cubes with mine, so off to CS to get the 7th lol.. have a spare to use in the meantime, but it's not quite the same colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Marechal
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This way: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1073763/bag-variant/page/3
(start with 1x7 cubes and symmetrical distribution for round discs)

... while I have no particular distribution issue with my own tower, whether it is working properly or not the tower is just a pain to use and the bag has many advantages over it:

- not taking a needlessly large amount of space on the table
- the tower can in practice not be located near enough all players while the bag can be passed around
- no particular dropping 'technique' required (no player dependent result concern)
- no 'ghost' cubes dropping from the tower while players are taking their turn
- bumping the table does not cause any drama
- there is a low amount of 'zero choice turn' which can be problematic (IMO) towards the end of the game with the tower.

So I highly recommend to anyone unhappy with the tower to give it a try (or the '6 grey, draw 10' variant mentioned there.

... I would extend that recommendation to anyone happy with the tower too, the advantages I list above are enough for me to only play with the tower when new players take part (so they can make tgeir own mind up as to how quirky the tower is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls