Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
any good friendly local games stores in columbus?

if so where? near the convention center?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'd recommend, in order...

The Guardtower - Pretty complete selection of minis, rpg stuff, CCGs, euros, wargames.

Ravenstone Games - Seemed to be a little thinner on games, heavier towards the minis and rpg stuff, but not bad as well.

The Soldiery - Not sure if they have _any_ euros. Been a long time since I've been there though.

Having said that (and not meaning to take anything away from our local stores) if you can't find it at the Origins dealer room, I'm betting the locals won't have it either.

(edited to fix typos)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Syferd
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Boardgaming, Guardtower is probably the best. They have the largest play area and always seem to have a good crowd in there. Don't quote me, but I believe they have the longest open hours as well.

Pretty easy to get to. If coming from 70, get off at Wilson Road, head north a mile, make a right on Trabue. It's on the left, about 2 miles down the road in a strip mall just past some railroad tracks.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also get off at Hague and head north. It dead ends into Trabue; take a right and the Guardtower is just a few hundred feet down the road on your left. It's open until midnight every day but Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls