Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Hello All!

I am going to be in the area of Portland, Maine for the first couple of weeks of August. I wanted to check out the FLGS in the area, if there are any. For some reason the user search feature isn't working for me so I can't find anyone around that zip code. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to shop?

Thanks!

Christine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom L
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
READ A BOOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossroad Games (Standish/Scarborough) are both close to Portland. I haven't been to the Standish location, and I only went to the Scarborough location when it was Choose Your Own Adventure Games. My understanding is they skew heavily to miniatures/RPG/CCGs, but they may be worth checking out. There's a place in the Maine Mall that sells Euros, but only the big name ones.

Crossroad Games is closing at the end of August (the owner may be selling it to someone else), but it should still be open when you get here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas D
United States
Kennebunk
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case people stumble across this thread, Crossroads is still open (as of 2014 at least). Other stores that sell games in the area.

If you venture closer to Portland, ME, you'll find two Bullmoose stores in the area, both with a decent selection of games. There is one on Paine Road in Scarborough, just south of the mall (it's just past Sam's Club on the right, if heading towards the mall). The other is in Mill Creek, just after the bridge you take leaving the downtown area. Bullmoose is more of a book/video/music store, but has an okay selection of games. http://www.bullmoose.com/

And if heading to Old Orchard Beach, just up Old Orchard Blvd, is Board Silly, which is mainly a puzzle place. But still, a decent selection of games. http://www.boardsillyonline.com/

Note that neither of these are actual game stores and that neither has any play space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harvey
msg tools
Board Silly actually closed a few years back. Last I checked, they're website is still active. If you order something, and are with 25 miles or so of Old Orchard Beach, they offer to personally deliver to your door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls