Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for information about games stores in Utah. Can anyone list out the stores that are in the Salt Lake City area, and in the Provo/Orem area?

I'm also curious about what these stores focus on? Is it mostly board games or are there stores who do a lot of miniature sales and collectible card games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorites is Board Game Revolution, they sell cheaper than MSRP and have a game rental system. They have been in Orem for years but just opened a new shop in SLC. They are mostly board games, I don't even think they sell Magic cards at all.

Hastur Games in Murray is another good one, they sell all sorts of things including Warhammer, Magic and board games.

Game Night Games in Salt Lake is another good one. Just visited it the other day, they have a huge selection of board games. I think they had a small section of minis (Warhammer), if I remember correctly.

Epic Games and Puzzles is located in the Salt Lake area and in Lehi and they have a nice selection and a friendly staff.

Game Haven is in West Jordan and Tooele, seems more geared towards Magic and board games are secondary. At least that's my impression of the one in Tooele.

That is all the stores I can think of on the top of my head. There could easily be more, but that should be a good start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Johnson
United States
Midvale
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Revolution has stores in both Orem and SLC.
Hastur games and hobbies (mainly CCGs and minis I believe) is in Murray.
Epic Games in West Valley (about a half mile down the road from Valley Fair Mall) does primarily tabletops, they have stellar service and a bountiful stash of demo copies to try out.

If you venture up more there's Heebee Geebees (Minis and CCGs mostly) in Ogden, and Fongo Bongo in Roy (or maybe Riverdale)

In Logan there is another Heebee Geebees and Toad & Tricycle.

Those are all the ones I remember at the moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon's Keep in Orem, Provo and Lehi does a lot of Magic tournaments. The manager of the Orem store has his boardgame collection there for rent (like 500 games), so that is the one you want to go to for Boardgames.

Blackfyre games (sp?) is another one. I think it's in PG. I haven't been there since it moved from their 1600N Orem location.

Fongo Bongo games is in Riverton and does a lot of Boardgames and CCGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
End Zone in Clearfield which possibly is the largest collection of games in the state, if you can find what you want among the stacks.

Game Grid in North Ogden and Layton.

Fongo Bongo is in Riverton, in the Salt Lake Valley, not in Weber County. No game stores I know of in Roy or Riverdale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John N.
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgame Revolution is my dealer. Great prices, fun game nights, and a whole slew of games for rent. You can play in store, or if you rent them, the money you paid goes towards your next purchase in the store. Fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a couple of these that I've purchased from several times. I agree, Board Game Revolution is a great store.

Thanks everyone!

Another question... Are there any excellent miniature painters in these areas, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Collins
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://bluetablepainting.com/ is in Spanish Fork, they are excellent painters with a good reputation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sicaria Occaeco
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Night Games, Boardgame Revolution, Epic Puzzles & Games are very good; nice selection, friendly staff, and good play areas. I would recommend any of them.

Hastur is also good. They seem to mostly do miniature gaming and magic but their board game selection is pretty good. I know they also do LAN gaming there.

I don't get down to Provo very much so I'm happy to see Boardgame Revolution open a location in Salt Lake.

There are some good board game stores in Utah. I haven't had a bad experience with any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
There's a couple of these that I've purchased from several times. I agree, Board Game Revolution is a great store.

Thanks everyone!

Another question... Are there any excellent miniature painters in these areas, too?

I see where you've already responded to the answers that other could give, but just for future reference:

FLGS of the USA - A List of Game Store Advice on BGG II

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Night Games is excellent, they have a decent library of games to try out and a good selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly a game store, but Mayday Games is headquartered in Layton, just behind the Sam's Club on Hillfield Road. We only have our own products but you can PM us if you want to come by sometime and check it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls