Thumb up
 Hide
202 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Board Game: Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie» Forums » General

Subject: Collated list of issues & errors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wargame [+] 2-player [+] humour [+] HoN [+] Kickstarter [+] [View All]
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Copper Board Game Collector
Another thing we noticed last night was that the Zündapp token has a concealed backside but no flipping ability on its front.
Am I missing something here or is that correct?

When my Zündapp got destroyed and I flipped it I was expecting an obstacle on the back and was quite surprised when I saw the concealed ability thus wondering whether we played it wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Shadows of Brimstone fan
not really an issue but the punchboards of the base game look brighter than most other punchboards.
i like the brighter look, it makes the units stand out more on the counters

rulebook error; the english scenariobook uses french to indicate the deployment zones for the generated scenarios.

a possible counter error is the size difference between the sdkfz 251/1 and the stummel (ss panzergruppe), they should be the same size (it doesnt affect gameplay though as they both should occupy 2 spaces).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SadisticInnTent wrote:
Another thing we noticed last night was that the Zündapp token has a concealed backside but no flipping ability on its front.

When my Zündapp got destroyed and I flipped it I was expecting an obstacle on the back and was quite surprised when I saw the concealed ability thus wondering whether we played it wrong.
Wow, you´re right. Hm, regarding the unofficial FAQ it loosk liek the Zündapp is treatet like an usual Infantry Unit

"Q: How does the units that take up slightly more than one space but less than two spaces work? Do all units that overlap one space automatically take up two?
A: There are only three types of “markers” that take up one space, the officer size, the infantry size and the “car” size which is just slightly larger than one space. Anything bigger takes up 2 spaces, except some unit that might take up 4 spaces, but they do so clearly. [Hopefully there’s an easier way to describe this...]
S: http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=..."

So it´s plausible that when it get´s destroyed it´s just removed from the map instead of having a burning wreck left.

However, IF it has the ambush ability, you´re right and the symbol on the frontside is missing. Hard to imagine how a Zündapp can move through bocage or moving silent as a recon though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Willberg
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
The moon bearing the image of the desert kangaroo mouse, Muad'dib.
badge
The planet Arrakis, known as Dune.
Microbadge: Twilight Imperium (fourth edition) fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Destiny fan
SadisticInnTent wrote:

Sadly I ain't got the game yet so I cannot check. But does the Zündapp have the "flip when damaged" icon or the "remove when damaged" icon? Since vehicles with a wreck on the other side has the "flip when damaged" icon (right?) then if the Zündapp has the "remove when damaged" then its just removed.

And yes, if there's a concealed backside without any "flip for conceal" icon then it seems something might be wrong with it. Unless its meant that they can be deployed concealed, but never go concealed again after revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xSuperioRx wrote:
[q="SadisticInnTent"]Unless its meant that they can be deployed concealed, but never go concealed again after revealed.
Interessting idea, maybe you can push the Zündapp silently with engine off (that would explain the 3 movement, too) and when you turn the engine on, it´s revealed and you have 7 movement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Willberg
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Twilight Imperium (fourth edition) fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Destiny fan
TylerDax wrote:
Interessting idea, maybe you can push the Zündapp silently with engine off (that would explain the 3 movement, too) and when you turn the engine on, it´s revealed and you have 7 movement
Yeah, sounds nice! I hope it was meant to be like that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Copper Board Game Collector
I had the same idea but I couldn't find anything to confirm it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Kamusella
Poland
Kedzierzyn-Kozle
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Conan fanMicrobadge: Fantasy Flight Games fanMicrobadge: Operational Studies Group fanMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: Card-Driven Wargames fan
MILLER'S RANGERS punchboard

We have 2xGEARS recritment option, but not all counters matched this number - should be 2x:
3x Ammo
1x Ammo belt
3x Granade

New RANGERS also have this "problem" - one more granade than needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Willberg
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
badge
@Ben, you'll also find some errors in the following thread : http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benji_online wrote:
Shouldn't it be Lt. Parks not Lt. Paris? At least that's what is says in my punch boards.
Yes of course! No idea where I got Paris from. Thanks.

xSuperioRx wrote:
@Ben, you'll also find some errors in the following thread : http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/forum/?action=viewtopic&t=...
Yes thanks. If you notice I've been posting in that thread quite a lot. This thread on BBG should have everything that has been posted and reported there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallensteinwojtek wrote:
MILLER'S RANGERS punchboard

We have 2xGEARS recritment option, but not all counters matched this number - should be 2x:
3x Ammo
1x Ammo belt
3x Granade

New RANGERS also have this "problem" - one more granade than needed.
Yes the tokens on the sheet don't match up, there's not enough Sticky Bombs and too many Ammo and Grenade tokens. Thanks I'll add it to the list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Willberg
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
badge
JoyrexJ9 wrote:
xSuperioRx wrote:
Yes thanks. If you notice I've been posting that thread quite a lot. This thread on BBG should have everything that has been posted and reported there.
Ooops, my bad, didn't see Normally just look at avatars and not usernames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Shadows of Brimstone fan
i think the idea of the gears counter is that you can choose a nr of gear of those depicted, but it doesnt need to match up exactly.
ie if in a scenario you prefer ammo over sticky bombs, you can take more of those and no bombs.
just choose which gear you want at the start of the scenario.

not sure if it was mentioned already but the recruitmentoption of the willys jeep shows "25" as its cost on its front, while "20" on its back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TylerDax wrote:
xSuperioRx wrote:
[q="SadisticInnTent"]Unless its meant that they can be deployed concealed, but never go concealed again after revealed.
I'm still thinking this is an error and missprint, stealth motorcycles is a bit of a stretch for me! And even if it can conceal, it's missing the symbol, so it's still an error
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hawkins
United Kingdom
Willingham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: American Megafauna fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I blend
JoyrexJ9 wrote:
I'm still thinking this is an error and missprint, stealth motorcycles is a bit of a stretch for me! And even if it can conceal, it's missing the symbol, so it's still an error
Yes, but we're used to hearing noisy motorcycles in a peacetime environment, compared to most military vehicles they are small and quiet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
if you look at the figure on the zundapps concealment side, you will see infantry troopers, but not the motorcycle.
definitely a mistake, and as its a light vehicle it cant enter woods terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Willberg
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
badge
Angelsenior wrote:
if you look at the figure on the zundapps concealment side, you will see infantry troopers, but not the motorcycle.
definitely a mistake, and as its a light vehicle it cant enter woods terrain.
Well all concealment tokens have the same guys on the backside so you cannot know which unit it actually is. However your point with the light vehicle not entering certain terrains makes sense, probably a misprint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schurg
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Heroes of Normandie fanMicrobadge: Heroes of Normandie fanMicrobadge: If it works don't fix it !
your missing a few more,

millers, both heroes have their reverse side mixed up,

general use US vehicles,

Willy's .Cal 50 recruitment tile has different point cost on both sides, same for one of the M8 Greyhound and the M5 Stuart.

Also, I'm not sure the Gears thing is an error, the way I read it, you are allowed X(numbr on the token) times something in the gear option from that unit. In case of millers there are 2 tokens for 5X gear and 11 gear tokens, if it was a misprint or error I would expect there still only being 10 gear tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks tycoon1 and Mezike, I've added those to to the list

BTW, that Bill Millin token, is he part of the Yorkshire Regiment paid add-on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
bill millin is on the board of Lord Lovat's unit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelsenior wrote:
bill millin is on the board of Lord Lovat's unit
Got him. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Westmore
Bermuda
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tea drinker
P38 Lightning card has typo - "enemey". Thanks for pulling this all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Heroes of Normandie fanMicrobadge: Heroes of Normandie fan
Hi, thank you for listing mistakes. We will fix them for the next print run and find a solution for you. Don't worry.

Angelus is right about the gear option.
"you can choose a nr of gear of those depicted, but it doesnt need to match up exactly."
Zundapp : can be deployed ambushed, cannot hide during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Willberg
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
badge
picoloclem wrote:
Zundapp : can be deployed ambushed, cannot hide during the game.
Ahh so it was like we suspected earlier. I think it makes sense thematically. However, can the Zundapp go into areas normally restricted from light vehicles if it is concealed? Since the other player don't know what it really is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Willberg
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
badge
Clem mentioned here that :

* In scenario 2 the US player needs 8VP not 10 (as written) to get the Total Victory

* In scenario 3 neither player can win during the first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] |