Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calling all fellow Texans. A sudden career shift has transported my brother-in-law (a budding geek, though he won't admit it) and his wife to the northern part of Fort Worth, Texas. Can someone point me to a list/lists of the FLGS in the DFW area (in general) and north Fort Worth specifically? I greatly appreciate this life saving effort to keep a newcomer alive!

Regards,

Ghost604

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There really aren't any in FW except Lone Star Comics and Games, which is way down on Hulen by the 1/2 Price Books. They are primarily NOT a boardgame store though...and their selection is average at best.

The only fully board game dedicated stores are Game Chest in North Dallas and another one up in Plano. Game Chest is currenlty in Valley View Mall, but there are rumblings they are moving to Collin Creek Mall in Plano on the Dallas Gamers email list...so he will probably want to call them up before searching for them. Game Chest is excellent FLGS, easily the best I've ever been to....tons of older stuff still on the shelves (don't get excited, It has been heavily picked over, so don't have any dreams of Hannibal on the shelves)

I've never been to the other one up in Plano.

The area is a fine place to game though. The FW gamers meet in downtown fairly regularly and the Dallas gamers are very active...see www.dallasgames.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been told that the BGG headquarters are near that area. I'd just go over there. I doubt that they have a good section of RPG's, but they must have every game listed here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I actually live up in Providence Village just east of Denton so the Ft. Worth area is new to me. Suprisingly, I myself have never heard of the Game Chest and have been splitting my purchases between Thoughthammer and a couple of guys in north Dallas who are trying to start their own game store (ebay is Fencert I think). They have no location, but they sell in person at 35% off retail (usually) so they have been good in the past.

Maybe we will all run into each other at the con in November, always good to meet new people.

- And for the record Dane, I like the new avatar.

Cheers,

Ghost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls