Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been more than a few months since the last big one, so here we are with a brand new Canadian math trade. Here's your perfect opportunity to try and trade away all the games you found collecting dust during your spring cleaning.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: Spring 2014 Canadian Math Trade

Request GeekList: Spring 2014 Canadian Math Trade - Request List

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Friday May 9th 13:00 PM EDT to Saturday May 17th 11:00 AM EDT

Want List Submissions: Saturday May 17th 11:00 AM EDT to Tuesday May 20th 11:00 PM EDT

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Saturday, May 17th, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, May 20th, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Math Trade Results:

Results (OLWLG) = bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=173393

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/173393-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/173393-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftovers Results:

Results (OLWLG) = bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=173912

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/173912-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/173912-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Tiago
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi,

This is my first math trade. I am using the OLWLG tool as indicated in the video tutorial but I cannot see the math trade geek list. Is it because it hasn't been sync'd yet? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cor22bas wrote:
Hi,

This is my first math trade. I am using the OLWLG tool as indicated in the video tutorial but I cannot see the math trade geek list. Is it because it hasn't been sync'd yet? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

It's probably not synced yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cor22bas wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!

We have to wait for JeffyJeff to add this math trade to the OLWLG. He's the owner of that tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Tiago
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
I see. Thanks! I am seeing lots of items being added to the list. Is it ok to add items without the tool? (thought it was against the rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can add items directly through the geeklist. Although the tool is only required to compile/submit your wantlists, it can also be used to add items to math trades that you've entered in previous trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ng
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay for trades! Thanks Cannibal Ox for setting up another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lynn
Canada
Salmon Arm
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone go to Terminal City Convention in Burnaby, BC? I'll be there and I'm looking for trades, check out my user profile and the math trade list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd D. Fair
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
looking at the description, this one is a mail away one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Shipping trades are the default. It is a "No Ship MT" that has no shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Tiago
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi,

I want to add two age of industry expansions to the math trade as one item (great lakes/south africa and belgium/ussr). Would anyone know how I can do this?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
cor22bas wrote:
I want to add two age of industry expansions to the math trade as one item (great lakes/south africa and belgium/ussr). Would anyone know how I can do this?

Add one, then add the other as a sweetener. Use the dropdown list to insert a link to a boardgame so it will show up on the OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Tiago
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi,

Is the request list to request specif items be added to the trade list?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cor22bas wrote:
Hi,

Is the request list to request specif items be added to the trade list?

Thank you!

Yes. Put anything you'd hope to see listed on the request list - hopefully someone will put it up for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've just crossed the 700 item mark with less than 48 hours to go to add new items for trade. If you know of any Canadian users that are either procrastinating or don't know about this trade, get on their case to get their items posted. We had over 1100 items listed in the last Canadian math trade. Let's see if we can get numbers close to that again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Final 24-ish hours to get your items in for trade. Deadline is tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 11:00 AM EDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Years and years ago I participated in math trades and it was super fun and I had a great time.

The past few math trades I've strongly considered getting involved, but the list of items is so long that I find it basically unintelligble, and that participating in the trade would be something like doing taxes.

When did they get so bloody big and unwieldy? Is there some trick to making them easier to participate in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More participation = more trades!

The best trick is to get involved early, and you only have to consider the offerings a few at a time! Otherwise, scan down the list, add what you're interested to your wants, and figure out the specifics (exactly what you'll trade for what) once you've got it narrowed down...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anick Lavictoire
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a really great built-in feature in the interface for the trade that lets you only see the items in the trade that match what's in your "Want in trade" list on BGG. How could it get any easier than that?!

I love these math trades for the insanely long lists of possibilities, though. But, that's me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadline for adding games has now passed, but I'm still seeing lots of new entries coming in so I'll leave it open another 5-10 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Deadline for adding games has now passed, but I'm still seeing lots of new entries coming in so I'll leave it open another 5-10 minutes.

Onward, fellow procrastinators!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade list has now been locked down and we're finally open for wantlist submissions. Deadline is Tuesday night at 11:00 PM EDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damn I was hoping we would have till this evening some time to add our entries! Ah well...looks like I missed this one. Will there be a leftovers trade? Maybe I can get in on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.