Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game 1: I retreated very early in the first fight intentionally due to Hypnotic Rattle showing up. If you're Flit, do not mess with the Rattle. Down 1-0. No biggie - it's a long game. The second fight was long, long, long. I had Distract Holy Dragon in my hand from the beginning and so when it became apparent that she was gonna throw everything including the kitchen sink at me this fight (including both Call Spirit leaderships) I decided to hang with her as much as I could, conserving cards while still trying to reach 4 or 5 power every turn to hopefully let her punch herself out. We both reached six cards but I never got anything I could hit hard with to try to take the fight. I was eventually forced to retreat, making the score 2-0, but with me sitting on 17 cards left in my draw deck and her 8 I was feeling really confident about coming back. The third fight was a blur, and I don't remember much of what happened. Early in the fight I threw Beguile Holy Dragon and cut the lead back down to one, but shortly afterward she won the fight with six cards in play, making the lead 3-0 and zapping my confidence. She was still down on cards enough that I thought I had a chance, especially since I'd been conserving boosters. I had a hand of 7 or 8 cards after a retrieval and was poised to drop Commence Megalaunch with 3 or 4 boosters that would have probably guaranteed me the fight win with two dragons pulled back my way when on her turn my opponent dropped Hypnotic Rattle on me again. Completely toothless, I conceded the game. It was one of those games where I thought the strategy was sound but the well of power sprung eternal for Mimix - no matter how much I pulled there was a consistent flow all game. Her shaman draws, particularly the discard retrieval ones, were nearly perfect, pulling back the Rattle and a high-value earth card right when she needed it. This one got me pretty frustrated.

Game 2: Rematch. It's noteworthy because after winning no fights the entire first game, I finally won one here... and more. Instead of going for the extreme card milking approach from the first game, I decided to play my usual style Flit: hit high when I could, conserve boosters, and attempt to keep a good mix in my hand without going retrieve-crazy unnecessarily. We went back and forth for most of the game with no player really getting the upper hand. I again used Distract Holy Dragon to turn a 2-dragon loss into one at some point along the line. Despite having a better game this go-round I still went into the endgame down two dragons, but started the final fight with Beguile Holy Dragon to pull one of them back. My biggest concern was the fact that she still had both Call Spirit leaderships unused, and although I had Tittertweet in-hand I just didn't just didn't have enough power left in-hand to support him to prevent Mimix from playing those Leaderships. On her last two plays of the game Mimix was able to reach 8 power twice using Virgin of Pure Fire/Menacing Wardance and although I was able to match the first time (with the combination I'd saved to hopefully win the game), I couldn't touch the second after she brought the Virgin back with Call Spirit of the Battlefield, and I lost the game 3-0. I was dismayed on checking my draw deck to see Bashdin (Now I may force you to discard two cards from your hand), who would have won the game for me, two cards down. BLARGH.

I was pretty pleased that both games I was able to make Beguile and Distract Holy Dragon work, but they weren't enough. Other interesting notes:

-I got more use out of Itching Bugs in both games than I ever have before, playing the card probably 6 or 7 times each game.

-I also abused the hell out of Cheepchirrup (On your turn, you may not play more than one card into your combat area), trying to keep him on the table as much as possible to keep pairs from hitting me. I obviously didn't see the Mimix player's hands, but it really didn't feel like it accomplished much in the long run.

-These were my first games with preconstructed Flit in a very long time. I really missed HHH and didn't get to use Titanic Gauntlets in either game (game 1 I didn't get to the card before the game was over and game #2 Gauntlets got yanked from my hand by Cardus Nikkus). Earthwater was also AWOL in game 1 (I never got to a lot of important cards, apparently) but won a fight for me in game 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Complete & Sufficient Statistician
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE the Flit/Mimix matchup. It's likely my favorite. Flit vs. Mimix is pretty well-balanced (I win about half of the time no matter which side I play), and it is almost always interesting. Flit annoys the hell out of Mimix and Mimix annoys the hell out of Flit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls