Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle T.
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
Hello!

I've been into gaming for a little while but I'm having trouble finding stores around Snohomish Wa, and was wondering where my fellow geeks do their shopping.

I've been to Games Plus in Woodinville, Alliegance Games in Snohomish (when it was still around), and Comic Stop and Games Workshop in Everrett. Are there any other good places to go?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much in Snohomish, unfortunately. There used to be a nice gaming store on the main street, but it closed down a while back. (Oops! I just reread your posting. Yes, Allegiance Games it was.)

There's a place on Mukilteo Speedway in the Albertsons Shopping Center called Phoenix Games. A small store, but the owner (can't remember his name!) has a pretty decent selection. That's probably your closest one to go to.

CORRECTION: Not there; he's moved about a mile north, still on Mukilteo Speedway. It's on the right side, just past the McDonalds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Spear
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know about stores specifically in Snohomish (City), WA but I added a few located in (and around) Snohomish County at the Boardgame Store site at http://server.boardgamestuff.com:8000/cgi-bin/gamestore.pl

You will need to copy and paste the URL to get it to work properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Kyle, I also live in Snohomish and I have the same problem. There don't seem to be any real game stores in Snoho/Monroe area. I drive into Seattle and go to Gary's Games, or I go online to score games via ebay and consimworld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary's is the better store, but it's a bit of a drive for me. If you don't want to go to Greenwood in Seattle, Phoenix is the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Baldwin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Check out http://seattlespiel.com/stores.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
What about "Fantastic Games & Toys" in the Lynnwood area? Somebody mentioned that it had relocated nearby from its OLD location upon 200th or that "Lake Road" locale, and I forget just exactly where it was that this was indicated as being 'at' then. Tell ole "Scott" that "GROGnads" sent YOU, and then be ready for his quizzical 'L@@K' upon just WHO the 'hell' that I 'am', from him! oh, he'd instantly recognize 'moi', once I were in his "visage", while it has been several years since I was up around this locale and too long as far as I'm concerned too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Stone
United States
Monroe
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
To all my geekfriends, I know I haven't been around much lately, but BGG is still my homepage and everyone is still in my heart everyday. Just so damn busy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus games is located in Lynnwood and would be worth checking out. I've been there and while the retail location is small, their prices are good - online comparable good. If you have a specific game in mind, give them a call first to see if they have it in stock.
http://www.cardhaus.com/cgi-local/shop3.pl/SID=7972726707745...

A little further away is Genesis Games & Gizmos in Redmond in the Bella Botega Shopping Plaza. They are a larger retailer so the selection is excellent but the games are full retail price. Unless they're having a sale on something. G3 game nights meet on Tuesdays at 6:30, if I'm correct. I can't pull seem to pull up their website but they should be easy enough to find.
http://yellowpages.superpages.com/profile~SRC_portals~TR_5~L...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Briggs
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
since cardhaus moved to the midwest, Java Zone across from the Alderwood Mall is offering discounted games in the area javazonegiftsandpuzzles.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmb
I thought that was a coffee shop, I had no idea there was a games store there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bethany Dubeck
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Around the Table opened up this year in Lynnwood and is a very nice game shop.

Around the Table
7600 196th St SW #300
Lynnwood, WA 98036
(425) 582-2745

http://www.rttgamepub.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmb
This is quite out of date now, there are at least six game stores in Everett, a couple in Marysville, a couple in Lake Stevens, a couple in Snohomish. Lots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind the drive, Card Kingdom in Ballard is outstanding:

http://www.cardkingdom.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurel Stuart
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
I just visited Mugu Games on 5233 Evergreen Way here in Everett, WA on Friday. They have a nice selection and a lot of space inside the store itself for events.

http://www.mugugames.com/

I also frequent thrift shops, Value Village, Goodwill, Half Price books and other such places with a treasure hunter mindset looking for card games and board games. Sometimes I uncover hidden gems and sometimes I don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
Not much in Snohomish, unfortunately. There used to be a nice gaming store on the main street, but it closed down a while back. (Oops! I just reread your posting. Yes, Allegiance Games it was.)

There's a place on Mukilteo Speedway in the Albertsons Shopping Center called Phoenix Games. A small store, but the owner (can't remember his name!) has a pretty decent selection. That's probably your closest one to go to.

CORRECTION: Not there; he's moved about a mile north, still on Mukilteo Speedway. It's on the right side, just past the McDonalds.
I'm going to give Phoenix Games a shameless plug here. The owner, Brian, is a really good guy and knows his board games. If you are interested in trying games, there is a whole wall (I'd guess ~150+ games) of open games that you can play in store with friends, ask Brian to show you/explain the rules if it isn't super busy, and you can even check them out for something ridiculously cheap like $2/day or something to try.

Also, Wed nights are the boardgaming night there. All the games on the wall are available to play in store, and lots of people bring their own games as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Sites
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience, there aren't a ton a stores close by.

Games Plus in Lake Stevens is alright, but their stock isn't as up to date as other stores.

Phoenix Games in Mukilteo is probably the best, somewhat local choice. Stock is frequently updated with new stuff, they have a fun board game night, and the owner is super friendly.

Unfortunately, the best store I've been to is also the furthest from Snohomish, which is Card Kingdom in Ballard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmb
There's a few more than this, at least there was a year ago when I did a mad dash around loads of them when I was after a specific game.

Off the top of my head:

Everett
Muju
Luke's Gaming Shop
Moon Dragon Games (2 stores)
GameShire
Wishes (in Everett Mall)
Phoenix Games
Boba Khan (more of a collectable toy store, but has board games)
Hobbytown (small selection)
AFK Tavern (not a shop, but a gamer bar that has a selection of games to play)

Lake Stevens
MOB (very new)
Games Plus

Marysville
Wandering Havoc

Snohomish
Geek Fortress

I think there used to be a couple of others, but they have either moved (I think Luke's used to be somewhere else) or closed.

Edit: To add several that were not off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Sites
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked out MOB in Lake Stevens last night and was pretty impressed. The board game selection wasn't enormous, but what they did have was mostly comprised of the latest and greatest. They also have a board game night on Thursdays. I'll definitely be going back this weekend to have the wife check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card Kingdom in Ballard is the only nerd shop that I will ever again frequent. Not only is it worth the drive, it's worth the wait. There's just no compelling reason to go anywhere else, ever. It has selection, food, booze, good prices (some even down around Amazon) space, and, this is a BIG ONE for me, doesn't fucking smell like swamp crotch and onion pits like all its competition.

After you're done walk up the street to Full Tilt, have some beer and play some pinball.

I do the above every single time I'm on that side of the Sound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just heard about MOB. Where in Lake Stevens is it?

Edit: Never mind, found it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounder wrote:
From my experience, there aren't a ton a stores close by.

Games Plus in Lake Stevens is alright, but their stock isn't as up to date as other stores.

Phoenix Games in Mukilteo is probably the best, somewhat local choice. Stock is frequently updated with new stuff, they have a fun board game night, and the owner is super friendly.

Unfortunately, the best store I've been to is also the furthest from Snohomish, which is Card Kingdom in Ballard.

Agreed on Games Plus. Selection limited and aging.
Phoenix Games, haven't been there. I'll have to go visit it.
So does Card Kingdom have a decent selection of board games? The web site shows mostly Magic, which is cool but doesn't related how much board gaming purchase options there are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Auzette wrote:
So does Card Kingdom have a decent selection of board games? The web site shows mostly Magic, which is cool but doesn't related how much board gaming purchase options there are.

Card Kingdom has, and if I exaggerate it is by a small margin, EVERY game. All games. Unless there's a run on a popular new game, they sell it. They sell games I've never heard of.
Their website sucks by the way. The brothers started off selling Magic Cards from their apartment and, like all nerd shops, it's still the bell cow. But, trust me... All. Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome to know. That is very helpful, and clearly makes it even more important that I start going there.

Awesome news indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plan to spend hours. I hate nerd stores. Hate. They are always too loud, too smelly and too expensive. Card Kingdom (we just call it Moxxxie's) is awesome. It can be loud on tournament nights or whatever, but fuck it, just go to the bar / restaurant. They make their food out of, you know, ingredients. They make their own god damned sauces in house for Christ's sake.

Here, for whatever reason their restaurant has an infinitely better website. This is far more indicative of the place but still doesn't do it justice. http://www.cafemox.com/

EDIT: And, seriously, walk up the block to Full Tilt Ice Cream after your done at Card Kingdom. They have very good ice cream in neat hipster flavors, local craft beer (Hilliards) at good prices and my man Bobby Connover is the very best pinball operator in the country. Yes, the country. You won't find machines in better repair. Right now he's got his LE Oz there among his other dozen. Some crap ass video games as well if you're not man enough for pins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Sites
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
navajas wrote:
Auzette wrote:

Card Kingdom has, and if I exaggerate it is by a small margin, EVERY game. All games. Unless there's a run on a popular new game, they sell it. They sell games I've never heard of.
Their website sucks by the way. The brothers started off selling Magic Cards from their apartment and, like all nerd shops, it's still the bell cow. But, trust me... All. Games.

I'll second this. Card Kingdom has regularly even had games that have been considered "sold out" in many respects. After GenCon, they had a pile of Imperial Settlers and a bunch of other games that CSI couldn't keep in stock. If it was closer to Snohomish, I'd probably say don't even bother with the other stores. But, as it is, Ballard can be a long drive. My wife and I usually make a day of it and hit up Café Mox and a few of the delicious breweries in the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |