Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Valuable bathroom real estate!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm attending a class all week in Eagan. Can anybody tell me where I can find a board game store near here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Symoniak
msg tools
mb
Well,

I don't have a FLGS to recommend, because I haven't found a great one yet and I just started getting serious in the hobby. But, here's a couple anyways:

Games by James at the Mall of America (952) 854-4747
Games on the Go, also in Bloomington (952) 854-0201

Those are probably the two closest to you, depending on where in Eagan you are staying. I can probably come up with a few more in Edina/Eden Prairie/Burnsville if you want. Just reply here

eta: You're profile says you're from Brooklyn Park. If so, Rosedale has a Games by James and an Air Traffic if you're heading back home at night. Probably nothing you didn't already know, now that I think about it...soblue

Regards,
Kyle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing good that I am aware of in Eagan or the surrounding area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of stopping by the mall in Rosedale, you should just go to the Source on Snelling and Larpenteur in St. Paul. It's only five minutes from the mall, and it has a MUCH better selection than anything you'll find there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Source is great, as is Phoenix Games (Bryant and Lake Street in Minneapolis, near Uptown).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unitoch wrote:
Instead of stopping by the mall in Rosedale, you should just go to the Source on Snelling and Larpenteur in St. Paul. It's only five minutes from the mall, and it has a MUCH better selection than anything you'll find there.

You are a considerably better/faster driver than I am if you can get from the Mall of America to the Source in five minutes, but I otherwise agree regarding the quantity of games sold there (and the quality of the browsing experience).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tyrrell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
You are a considerably better/faster driver than I am if you can get from the Mall of America to the Source in five minutes, but I otherwise agree regarding the quantity of games sold there (and the quality of the browsing experience).
I used to live just a few blocks from the Mall of America and I made it a point to get my gaming supplies at the Source so as to support such a worthy institution.

I can guarantee that there is no way to get from one to the other in five minutes.

From Eagan, depending upon where you are and the time of day, it might be fastest to take 35E north to hwy 36 west to Snelling then heading south on Snelling until you reach the Source.

Other ways to go are

35W to larpenter and then heading east

35W to that one road just west of fairview at the highway 36 exit (sorry I cant recall the name. You'll proabaly want to mapquest anyway) then to Larpenter.

35W to 94 east to Snelling north.

Any of these could be fast and or absurdly slow depending upon how traffic around the downtown areas are.

Phoenix games is much closer to you and a decent store as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to the Source, Games By James, etc. I was looking for something close to Eagan while I'm in class. Thanks for trying though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyFrog wrote:

'The mall' in Roseville, not 'The Mall' in Bloomington.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unitoch wrote:
SlyFrog wrote:

'The mall' in Roseville, not 'The Mall' in Bloomington.

Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Nerhaugen
United States
Richfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's a new gamestore in Richfield that's not the size of the Source, but does do 20% off retail and has decent playspace. Try Universe Games on Penn Ave just south of 66th st. (Turn north on Penn from 494)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Langenfeld
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
>>I can guarantee that there is no way to get from one to the other in five minutes.<<

Catapult?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Langenfeld
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Realize your class is probably over, but for future reference...

http://home.mn.rr.com/meadowbrookhome/z/twin_city_gamer.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SkunkyBeer wrote:
Realize your class is probably over, but for future reference...

http://home.mn.rr.com/meadowbrookhome/z/twin_city_gamer.htm

Yep... I already had Twin Cities Gamer saved in my favorites. Thanks anyway though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls