Subject: VPG are publishing Sink The Carrier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow Pilots, I have a quick announcement!

Today Victory Point Games announce on their newsletter the internal development and future publication of the game Sink the Carrier, something I'm very happy about as it can now reach wider distribution.

Quote:
Sink the Carrier! – This 1 to 4 player coop game features a duel between the Shoho and the Yorktown at the Battle of Coral Sea. The players pilot an individual Dauntless fighter-bomber in an effort to scout out the enemy carrier, clear the skies of Japanese fighters, and then load up with the bombs necessary to sink the Shoho, all while keeping the Japanese from doing the same to the Yorktown. This game has the uncanny ability to turn grown-ups into loud youngsters as timed, dice-fest action resolves each turn.

Bad news, is that as a personal decision I have decided to remove from the files section the ones to build your own copy of the game. I want to focus on the published version, and give my full support to VPG as a publisher.

I want to thanks all of you who have played the game, vote for it, rated it here on the Geek, make a review/video about the game, and to the ones that urged me to contact a publisher, it's thanks to you that this game is being published.

Enough talk, go to the planes, and Sink that Carrier now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Menezes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Esteban!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news !! So well deserved to see this one with a great team. Congratulations !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Riverol
Spain
La Laguna
Tenerife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh enhorabuena!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's burn that thumb button! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Big congrats are in order for the big pakete kabutor!!!

I know what we're going to play at Zona Ludica next year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Can't wait to see it - do you know if they are funding it, directly, or will this be a Kickstarter-backed project for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Nice! Can't wait to see it - do you know if they are funding it, directly, or will this be a Kickstarter-backed project for them?

The news I have, and don't take it as final news, because my insight into the production is limited, we are testing and discussing some changes, and I have seen some drafts of the new board and cover, but I've been told is gonna be a standard Gold Banner edition, no KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! Congrats Esteban and kudos to VPG for picking up PnP game. Can't wait to see how the final production is! VPG please surprise us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
on the VPG web there is a preview

http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/scratch-one-flattop-pr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mnkr gamer
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good! What a pity that the thematic isn't relationed with the Ghostbusters
Congratulations indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nello Cozzolino
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Brascogames London U.K. www.brascogames.webs.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done Steve considering that originally, it was a free PnP. game.
regards
Nello Brascogames London UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is this coming out???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
When is this coming out???

It's been delayed, initially was coming this September, but as some of you know there was a problem with Villainous Vikings and everything was delayed until it's sorted out.

There was a mention on the VPG website

http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/announcements/developm...
Quote:

Dixon to Carrier: “Scratch One Flattop!:” New VPG designer Esteban Fernandez has scored a critical hit with his first offering, Scratch One Flattop! Flattop is a 1- to 4-player co-op game that is nothing but tense, exciting, fun. You will witness a table full of even the most grizzled gaming veterans morph into screaming children by the end of the very first round of play. This real time, dice rolling funfest is fast becoming a top development priority (behind Villainous Vikings and Bountytown). We can’t wait for you play Dixon to Carrier: “Scratch One Flattop!”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: VPG are publishing Sink Ther Carrier
Take my money!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
just a quick update, game is still coming, I get some GM asking me if the game was canceled, game is still coming.

It's been long since it was announced, there was some delays and everything was pushed back.

I don't have any date, it can be next month or in six months (sorry), we are talking about some changes, not changes in the games mechanism, but in the "business" of the game, how to release, when, what, and I don't want to rush the folks at VPG, they know their business and their customers, and they know better how to please them, so I trust them.

TL;DR: It's coming! We are still working on it!

Thanks for your patience and support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wynn
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, Esteban! I was several months into a similar design when I found this in the PNP top 10 for 2011. Now, I can focus my creativity on other projects. Can't wait to play this. I hope everything irons out smoothly (& quickly), as this looks visually to be an interesting design! Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been 4 years since the game was released as a PnP, and still today the real action mechanism hasn't been fully explored. I think a lot of variations can be done with dice and time.

The good thing about having the game released on 2011 as a PnP is that no one can tell me that I took mechanics from games like XCOM: The Board Game or Escape: The Curse of the Temple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wynn
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kabutor wrote:
It's been 4 years since the game was released as a PnP, and still today the real action mechanism hasn't been fully explored. I think a lot of variations can be done with dice and time.

The good thing about having the game released on 2011 as a PnP is that no one can tell me that I took mechanics from games like XCOM: The Board Game or Escape: The Curse of the Temple

true, but how much freedom does VPG have in adding mechanisms to smooth out game-play in the 12th hour - if that's part of their development of your game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sundog wrote:
kabutor wrote:

true, but how much freedom does VPG have in adding mechanisms to smooth out game-play in the 12th hour - if that's part of their development of your game?

Well the development of the game just adds to the base game, a third kind of plane was added, the Zeros are way stronger to take down, and some other things were tuned.

They have all the freedom from my part, it's on the contract as usually with publishers, to make any change they want to do. I can tell we have some discussions about some changes, and I don't wanted to do them because I thought game was going to "break" or it made the game worse.

We tried such changes, and a lot of times, they do indeed break the game, but sometimes they made the game better, and those are the changes that stayed.

You need to break some eggs to do an omelet as we say around here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wynn
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kabutor wrote:
Sundog wrote:
kabutor wrote:

Well the development of the game just adds to the base game, a third kind of plane was added, the Zeros are way stronger to take down, and some other things were tuned.

They have all the freedom from my part, it's on the contract as usually with publishers, to make any change they want to do. I can tell we have some discussions about some changes, and I don't wanted to do them because I thought game was going to "break" or it made the game worse.

We tried such changes, and a lot of times, they do indeed break the game, but sometimes they made the game better, and those are the changes that stayed.

You need to break some eggs to do an omelet as we say around here.

I'm ready to eat some omelets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any insight on the production queue at VPG, last thing they told me is that it should be coming after Bountytown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On the VPG website they opened a request for playtesters, if you are interested and are a US Resident, you can apply

http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/playtesters-wanted-dix...

This also means that game release is close
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kabutor wrote:
On the VPG website they opened a request for playtesters, if you are interested and are a US Resident, you can apply

http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/playtesters-wanted-dix...

This also means that game release is close

I would love to playtest the game, having trouble opening the page though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It was when I posted it!

They deleted the post so I guess all the vacant for the playtesting are complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.