Popular Tags: carolina [+] [View All]
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Myrtle Beach for a couple of days next week and was wondering if any one knew of an FLGS anywhere near there. Checked a game store locator database and the closest one they showed was about 90 miles away...I was just hoping there might be one a little closer. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unforunately, the game locator may be correct. I live in Wilmington, NC and have visited Myrtle Beach, SC several times. We have one gaming store here in Wilmington (which may have come up on the locator), but it is geared more toward the CCG and RPG crowd. There are a lot of shopping plazas in Myrtle Beach, but I have yet to find a gaming store worthy of note. If anyone does know of a gaming store in Myrtle Beach, please let us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a CCG type store in the mall around 10th avenue N. called Heroes Hangout. It may have some board games. It'll definatly have the Heroclix-type stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Pfeiffer
United States
Surfside Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a Mall right next to the Airport heading NORTH on route 17-By-Pass (not 17 BUSINESS!) (If you get to route 501 you have gone too far!). I don't remember what the name of the store is but the store was a Christmas Ornaments & Decorations type of store (at least thats what the front windows had displayed when I was there) that in the back has/had a number of games for sale. Some of which were at a pretty good price.(The store would be on the North end of the MALL) Since the last time I was there was last October I can't be sure if it still exists but I did find a couple of games there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll check out those that y'all have mentioned, and if I happen to stumble on to a new one while I'm there, I'll post back here and let y'all know. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is White Widow Games. Cool store with tons of table space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Torrens
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Widow Games (http://www.whitewidowgames.com/) is in Socastee across from the High School at 4961 Socastee Blvd Myrtle Beach, SC 29588.

The owner encourages ALL gaming there, from CCGs to Minis to Board Games to RPGs and even a few Console systems that are there. Can't speak highly enough of it. Smoke-free and lots of space.

(843)503-0727
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
White Widow is now North Myrtle Beach Games. Expanding their floor plan quite impressively.

Edit: Oh, not "north", lul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Torrens
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Widow is now just "Myrtle Beach Games", and moved just around the corner to 4050 Socastee Blvd. They've taken over three conjoining sections of a strip mall and knocked out the walls. Painted walls, added stained wood paneling, and built stained wooden shelves for product display. Still more to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls