Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: game [+] company [+] financials [+] eaglegame [+] [View All]
Robert Cannon
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw an article on gamingreport.com that inidcates that Eagle Games is in financial trouble, possibly going bankrupt. Does anyone have any concrete information?

Is the new Age of Empires III in trouble?

Alos, is Eagle still associated with Uberplay?

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=21753

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
The only really bad news here is that Cluzzle and Wits & Wagers are somehow associated with Eagle. Hopefully, that won't impact Dominic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
They can go bankrupt right after they get those RRT replacement boards out shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=21753

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/genmerch/results.cl...
NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE OF COLLATERAL
BY ORDER OF SECURED PARTY
Pursuant to Uniform Commercial Code 9-610, thefollowing personal property of Eagle Games, Inc. (Borrower)will be sold by Amcore Bank, N.A., the Secured Party (SecuredParty), at a public sale on August 4, 2006, at the hour of 10:00a.m. at Tishler & Wald, Ltd., 200 South Wacker Drive, Suite3000, Chicago, Illinois 60606:
All of Borrower's inventory and all tangible and intangibleproperty rights of the Borrower arising out of, or relating to, itsownership in certain of its inventory, including all relatedtrademarks, trade names, copyrights, licenses, contracts, tradesecrets and patents (collectively, the Collateral) of theBorrower, which is a publisher of high-end board games. Expressly excluded from this sale is Borrower's equipment,furniture, website, webstore, and all rights and interestsassociated with these excluded assets.
A list of the Collateral to be sold may be obtained bycontacting Mr. Jamrozy at (815) 741-7196.
The Collateral will be sold in bulk. The Secured Party hasreceived a cash offer in the amount of $75,000 in totalconsideration for the Collateral. The next acceptable bid must be$85,000 and subsequent bidding shall be in increments of $5,000.
The sale will be conducted in accordance with the provisions ofthe Illinois Uniform Commercial Code. The bid price must bepaid in certified check or cashier's check payable to the order ofAmcore Bank, N.A. Fifty Percent (50%) of the successful bidprice will be paid at the time of sale and the balance must be paidwithin one (1) business day of the sale or longer in the solediscretion of Secured Party. If the successful bidder defaults onthe unpaid balance, the Secured Party may retain the initialdeposit and, at the Secured Party-1/8s option, sell to the next highestbidder. Secured Party reserves the right to bid part or all of theamount secured by the Collateral being sold without certifiedcheck or cashier's check as required for other bidders. TheSecured Party reserves the right within one (1) business day ofthe completion of the bidding to reject all bids. The SecuredParty reserves the right to adjourn the sale to another datewithout further publication or notice by giving notice at the timeof the sale.
If the Secured Party accepts a bid, the bidder will receive aSecured Party Bill of Sale of the interest of the Secured Party inthe Collateral purchased, subject to the terms hereof and subjectto any and all warehousemen liens. THE SECURED PARTYMAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TOTHE CONDITION OF THE COLLATERAL AND THE SALEIS AS IS, WHERE IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS.
For further information, please contact Kurt M. Carlson,Tishler & Wald, Ltd., 200 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3000,Chicago, Illinois 60606 (312) 876-3800, counsel for SecuredParty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedTorgerson wrote:
Wow that's really a shame. Eagle's recent games Conquest of the Empire II and Railroad Tycoon were great. I heard Age of Empires III was going to be great too. $85,000 for all its inventory. That's a lot of painted cubes. soblue

I'd add Bootleggers to that list as well. It is too bad, since it looked like they were just getting their act together.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
cull wrote:

All of Borrower's inventory and all tangible and intangible property rights of the Borrower arising out of, or relating to, its ownership in certain of its inventory, including all related trademarks, trade names, copyrights, licenses, contracts, trade secrets and patents (collectively, the Collateral) of the Borrower, which is a publisher of high-end board games.

Expressly excluded from this sale is Borrower's equipment, furniture, website, webstore, and all rights and interest sassociated with these excluded assets.
That's weird, trademarks and trade names, etc, are included... but they exclude the website? (which I assume also means the domain name)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
I learned a hard lesson earlier this year... sorry to see them go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
I must be missing some context, which hard lesson did you learn earlier this year? Something to do with the RRT giveaway maybe? Curious minds want to know (well myself at least )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to start some new rumors not only as to "when" but by "who" Sid Meier's Pirates! will see the light of day with. Anyone want to start a long range GG pool on ship date of Pirates!? shake

Thank goodness Winds of Plunder will soon see the light of day. arrrh Come on GMT... don't give us more run of the mill components. Make your entrance into the EURO mainstream with a bang. (crossing fingers)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeesh, this is a shame. They have some nice games out there now. I certainly wish them well right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Do tell!

I am one of the BGGers that really liked eagle games. I am very sorry to see them go. I really think they got cought up releasing games that were crap and not the kind of games they originally set out to make (Big Board strategy games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that really is quite sad. Kind of a shock really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A real shame. I am a big Eagle's Game fan, and own a number of their titles: American Civil War, War! In the Age of Imperialism, Napoleon in Europe, Civilization, Attack with Expansion, and Conquest of the Empire. My gaming groups have gotten (and will continue to get) many hours of enjoyment out of these games. I hope that out of the rubble, something may survive and be reborn. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle Games
I would potentially warn against getting "up in arms" and starting to write this all off as some completely "done deal".... where a company is suddenly out of business.

That's speculation for no good purpose.

Many companies make business realignments and rescale operations.

Better not to speculate and let's (patiently) wait for more facts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a related thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/118972

Toys "r" us dumping it's inventory...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't write the obituaries quite yet.

This is pure speculation, but maybe Keith Blume is the one who made the $75K offer mentioned in the auction notice. He has been making posts regarding Age of Empires, so maybe he is gearing up to become the owner of Eagle Games.

Whatever is going on, I think that he has to address it in short order, since this is now out in the open. With a couple of highly anticipated games on the docket, some update is in order or else pre-sales will likely be affected.

[Note: This was being written and posted as Ryan was also posting. We may take different views on methods, but I thinkt hat we share the opinion of not jumping the gun yet.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened to glen drover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if another game publisher can afford to buy them out, they could have a solid new line to add to their games, plus a bunch nearing the end of production. Sad news though indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdbret wrote:
I would potentially warn against getting "up in arms" and starting to write this all off as some completely "done deal".... where a company is suddenly out of business.

That's speculation for no good purpose.

Many companies make business realignments and rescale operations.

Better not to speculate and let's (patiently) wait for more facts.

I don't think the responses thus far have been "up in arms." It's more like a "Crud, that stinks".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galeninjapan wrote:
What happened to glen drover?

I'm not sure, but according to his Eagle Games Forums profile, he hasn't posted since 12/1/2005.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been waiting to purchase Railroad Tycoon until they did the reprint. Does this mean I should try to snap up a copy while I can, warts and all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I had been waiting to purchase Railroad Tycoon until they did the reprint. Does this mean I should try to snap up a copy while I can, warts and all?

Don't "snap" too quick... the price may be coming down significantly!

This is the rumor and wild speculation phase... why wait for facts? Let's have some fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:

No time for a reprint... chop chop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SO there may be something to the stories I heard at Origins after all. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, anyone wanna split and buy over Eagle games?

I reckon that 1) Pirates and 2) Poker games put them under.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |