ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's the plan, on the afternoon of Saturday 1st November 2014 at PAXAus I am planning to set up an event which is to have all the official Power Grid maps in play at the same time in one place.

That is all 18 19 of the maps released for Power Grid, the two maps from Power Grid Deluxe: Europe/North America and the one map from Funkenschlag.

I checked with 2F-Spiele and they haven't heard of anyone attempting this before, so I think we can safely say this will be a world first!

This will obviously require nineteen base sets of Power Grid, two of Power Grid Deluxe: Europe/North America and one of Funkenschlag. It will also require two sets of each of the published expansions.

I will be providing a few base sets (even as a self confessed Power Grid completist I don't have 19 copies of the base game) plus one copy of each of the expansions, PAXAus will be providing a handful of base sets as well, but at the moment we are still well short of the 19 required.

If you are going to be at PAXAus and have a copy (or two) of Power Grid that you can bring along for us to use you can guarantee yourself a seat at one of the twenty-two tables by loaning a base set to the cause. It will only be used for the event itself and will not become part of the PAXAus library. Generally I would expect you to be playing at a table with your own base set, but if you have a preference for a particular map let me know what that is when you commit to bringing a base set and I can make a reservation if that map is free.

PAXAus Tabletop are setting aside the twenty-two required tables in the Tabletop event area to help this event occur.

If you are not going to be at PAXAus but have a copy that we can borrow for the event please let me know anyway, your set will have fame and you will probably get , gratitude and/or a microbadge. Again any borrowed base sets (or expansions) will only be used for the event.

I know there's quite a lot of Power Grid players in Melbourne and that quite a few of you are intending to be at PAXAus, so let us get this ball rolling and work towards the 19 base sets and second set of expansions.

Of course we also need players, realistically anywhere from sixty-six to a maximum of one hundred and thirty-two.

Any BGG user who participates in this event will be awarded a special microbadge (that is yet to be designed). I will collect BGG userids on sign-up sheets at the event (or before with people committing to bring base sets and/or expansions).

If you have a set (or expansion map) that you can lend for the event, please contact me at PowerGridATmchargDOTnet (just so I can keep a central repository of important correspondence).

I will update the status here periodically.

Update: Changed numbers to reflect inclusion of Funkenschlag: EnBW Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euro Games Fest (Melbourne) copy will be provided to PAXAus Library. I will confirm available expansions for which there is a few included.

Euro Games Fest (Melbourne) copy of Power Grid (2004) includes the following expansions:
Power Grid: Benelux/Central Europe (2006)
Power Grid: France/Italy (2005)

We also have two sheets of perspex available should they be required.

To check the Euro Games Fest (Melbourne) collection, see user:
EuroGamesFest Melbourne
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
That is all 18 of the maps released for Power Grid, the two maps from Power Grid Deluxe: Europe/North America and the one map from Funkenschlag.

Very nice idea.

As a bonus 22nd map, there's also the Germany map from Funkenschlag: EnBW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have that map, I didn't notice it being any different to the Germany map that comes in the base set of Power Grid, much the same as the France map that comes on the other side of Québec in Mégawatts is the same as the France in the France/Italy expansion (except that the spelling of Carcassonne has been corrected).

These are the Power Grid maps I intend to have:
Germany
USA
France
Italy
Benelux
Central Europe
Russia
Japan
China
Korea
Brazil
Spain & Portugal
Northern Europe
United Kingdom & Ireland
Australia
Indian Subcontintent
Québec (originally in Mégawatts)
Baden-Württemberg (originally in Funkenschlag: EnBW)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
I have that map, I didn't notice it being any different to the Germany map that comes in the base set

It has Mannheim replaced by Karlsruhe (head office of ENBW), and some connections changed in this area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Werner, I might have to workshop it with the Brains Trust to see if it is worth an extra table, or is too similar to the original Germany map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Occasional update:

I compared my copies of Germany that came with Power Grid (RGG edition) and Germany that came with Funkenschlag: EnBW and they are different enough to warrant inclusion. So 19 copies of the base game will be required, plus one Funkenschlag and two Power Grid Deluxe: Europe/North America.

We are most of the way there, assuming pledges received so far all come through we are only three sets short of the 19 base sets of Power Grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Occasional update:

I am prepared to call this a Go!

If you, or somebody you know, are going to PAXAus get them to signup for it at PAXAus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So PAX Aus has been and gone. We managed to get 19 different maps in play simultaneously, but didn't have quite enough players to get the last 3 maps going.

It was an excellent effort, thanks in particular to all those who contributed a based game to the cause: (if anyone knows how to make the avatars appear side by side let me know!)

♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerald Squelart
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Auctioning (Almost) All The Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron Seeber
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mark Brown
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Utting
Australia
Preston
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Armstrong
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rachel GreenFinger
Australia
Werribee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathan Cocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aaron Lim
Australia
Southbank
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daughter The Elder
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Hanily
Australia
flag msg tools

ozludo for the second set of Power Grid maps.

And
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
for the library copies and the TableTop enforcers for setting up the area, lugging the games around etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! For all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.