Subject: Game Store in Westchester County? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Calling all game enthusiasts in the New York and Connecticut areas:

Do you have a favorite friendly local game store in Westchester County and Southern Connecticut? What kind of games do they sell (board, miniature, card, Rpg, etc.) and do they offer a nice space for people to play? Do they serve any food or snacks?

I am a recent transplant from the west coast where there were an abundance of FLGS where a hobbyist, geek, or avid collector could go to enjoy a few hours finding new games, stocking up on supplies and accessories, or play with friends in a comfortable lounge-style setting. Since moving this way I haven't found many places who've done a good job of offering this kind of experience, although it isn't hard to find places to buy games.

If you're in the area between Nyack, NY and Fairfield, CT, where do you go to hang out and play games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leathrlung wrote:

If you're in the area between Nyack, NY and Fairfield, CT, where do you go to hang out and play games?

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it's a quick trip down to NYC, and there are plenty of gaming groups here. There are weekend meetups at Whole Foods and some bars/delis that can go all day. Worth a trip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John De La Rosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spider’s Web Comics and Modern Myths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jake
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlegrounds Gaming in Norwalk CT is pretty nice. That and Modern Myths in Mamaroneck NY are the only 2 I know of. Modern Myths has boardgaming on Saturday nights, $5 a person I believe, that you get back in store credit to spend. Battlegrounds has boardgaming on Wednesday nights, no admission. There is also much more space at Battlegrounds to play, Modern Myths is very tight and it can get very cramped. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on where you are in Westerchester, Gamers Gambit in Danbury is pretty decent and not far over the border off Rt 84.

http://www.gamersgambit.com/gamers_gambit_ct#.WI-RD1UrK70

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls