Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the best game stores in New Hampshire, specifically near Manchester, for Euro type games. Myriad games sounds like a big one but I can't tell if they have Euro games. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes they do... but don't expect the breadth of stock like cool stuff has when you visit their stores as they have a warehouse

you can call them to check if hey have what you want... phone and other info at

http://www.myriadgames.com/manchester

If you are looking for less than MSRP though and you are going to be around long enough to have an order shipped to where you are staying you may want to consider cool stuff, miniature market, etc and have it shipped

do note you may want to break the shrink on all your new games before crossing the border back into Canada... I've heard they may try to impose VAT or equiv on you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try http://www.diversionsgames.com/contact in Portsmouth. Not really close to Manchester, but you could probably drive there in about 45 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Thanks for the advice. I am actually going through Portsmouth from Canada so I will stop there for sure.

Also, there is no way I'd make it back to the border without unwrapping my games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlock wrote:
Hey Thanks for the advice. I am actually going through Portsmouth from Canada so I will stop there for sure.

Also, there is no way I'd make it back to the border without unwrapping my games

A bit pricey, though. I agree with Jeff Michaud. If you will be in the area for a while it would be cheaper to buy online from CSI, Miniature Market or Cardhaus. I usually receive my orders from CSI in about 3 business days. I think Cardhaus and Miniature Market are about the same. If you intend to be here for at least a week, I would see no problem ordering from these online stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you all did forget that despite being MSRP, NH does not have sales tax. That helps a bit. Myriad also has an ok used section of games, albeit a tad expensive, but you can sometimes find something interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funguy wrote:
Well you all did forget that despite being MSRP, NH does not have sales tax. That helps a bit. Myriad also has an ok used section of games, albeit a tad expensive, but you can sometimes find something interesting.
small correction... we don't have a "general" sales tax... but we have plenty of specific sale taxes... our room & meals (and I believe car rental) sales tax is one of the highest anywhere at 9%! living near the MA I will often prefer to eat out in MA where it's almost 3% points less

In any case you also forget that if you buy your games online from the etailers mentioned earlier and have it shipped to NH you also do not pay sales tax... double win, you don't pay MSRP *or* sales tax on your games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, whatever sales tax you might pay on a game in any state isn't anywhere near the $10 - $20 (or more) per game savings you get from buying online, especially if you place an order large enough to get free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aidan Mirisola-Sullivan
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
oh hai
mbmbmbmbmb
Just another quick vote for Diversions. Great store, friendly staff, the markup is the usual that we pay to support our brick and mortar stores. Plus, Portsmouth is great. If you need restaurant recommendations, send me a geekmail.

To be honest, it's frustrating to see someone ask for advice specifically about FLGSes in the area, and have people suggest that they instead time the shipping properly and buy online instead setting foot in a local establishment. yuk

-Aidan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mammothbaby wrote:
Just another quick vote for Diversions. Great store, friendly staff, the markup is the usual that we pay to support our brick and mortar stores. Plus, Portsmouth is great. If you need restaurant recommendations, send me a geekmail.

To be honest, it's frustrating to see someone ask for advice specifically about FLGSes in the area, and have people suggest that they instead time the shipping properly and buy online instead setting foot in a local establishment. yuk
note that cool stuff, miniature market, even funagain, also have brick and mortar stores... yet they can't discount 30%+ off MSRP...

Most B&M's, unlike MM, CSI, funagain, can't stock the breadth of titles that they do... your typical B&M that doesn't also have a significant online presence and doesn't discount to compete don't really care about us euro gamers anyway... even at MSRP the profit margin and volume don't work... they are in business because of the much much much higher profit margin CCG'ers and miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls