BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: BGG Ladies of Board Game Arena (BGA) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: links [+] BGGCommunity [+] [View All]
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are not aware, Board Game Arena has added a turn-based functionality. As we were discussing this on our BGG Ladies of Yucata thread, it was thought it would be good to start a new thread for ladies specifically for BGA. (BGG/BGA - that's confusing. )

If interested and you haven't already, you can peruse the BGG Ladies of Yucata thread here, and get an idea of what this has been about: BGG Ladies of Yucata
Meerkat (Lynette) started that thread and it has grown quite a bit, with a lot of names on it, but she didn't have time to coordinate yet one more thread so I volunteered to take the duty.

The basic purpose of this thread is for ladies (only) to add their name to the list if they want to be part of this "group." This way, other BGG ladies who play on BGA can add you to their friends list if they like and send you invitations, etc. If you want to be added to our list here, please post, stating your ID name on BGA. If you like, you can include what games you do or don't like, or other information you would like to share. Please note that I personally do not think it's necessary to play turn-based only in order to "join" this thread - live or turn-based is fine, although you might want to add any preference to your post.

I have also formed a group there for us:
http://en.boardgamearena.com/#!group?id=1121888
This is by invite only, but I will be inviting anyone who posts on this thread. (But please have a little patience. laugh ) This will allow you to do invites to just people from this group, keep other friends separated from the ladies on here, etc.

This will consist of 4 initial posts by me. This one, which is just an introduction. The second will be only the list of names so that you can find that easily. (Right now it's short but in theory it will grow. ) The third/fourth will contain some information specific to BGA for those who are unfamiliar with it.

I will be editing all 4 posts from time to time. In the near future the "about BGA" post will probably change a lot and you may want to check back often.

There are similar threads for MaBiWeb: Girls of MaBiWeb (and now other play by turn sites)
And a new one for Boite a Jeux: BGG Ladies of Boîte à Jeux (BAJ)

Last but not least, Board Game Arena is here:
Board Game Arena
(That's the English one. That's just how it came up for me when I first went there.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Names in parenthesis are ones used at sites other than BGA (here and/or other game sites), so you may recognize them if it's different.

*These are ladies who joined our group over on BGA. All new people here are sent an invite to the group over there. Joining that is not a requirement or expected or anything, but sometimes invites are made just to that group, or postings made on that group, that you would miss out on. If you somehow missed that invitation and wanted to join, let me know.

Ace of Gir (purplesneaks)
AgadorSpartacus (nellaarabrab)(nellaarabrab)
aniaga*
AshleyL* (Ashleyl90)
biacbs*
bluevalentine*
Chase1* (she2)
eden73*
EHStudios*
EuroGamerGirl* (SilvaShado)
GeekChaCha*
Germsy*
hermit hev
HuggableHamster*
iheartmuseums*
Irgendwer (semijawa)
jpanda* (sheisaeval)
jstearns78*
Kat Tastrophy (Katastropy9)
Kyanite* (kyanna)
Liallan*
lorna
LynnCh*
Mamadallama
mebririth*
MinneEm*
Mom Meeple* (1 Family Meeple)
natwicks86 (GnatOfPower)
Neuromanced*
niclagi* (MeepleLover)
NotPrunes* (ThisRedhead)
partangel*
pink_moon* (ParisPink)
playgirl (playgirl64)
PrincessGourmet* (takoyakioc)
seashell1996* (drglv)
serenemercury*
spalmatier
stellar_propeller* (alicialaura)
Suzan*
Temyari* (LadyTemy)
tgmcduff*
TotenEngel*
treehugger88
UncommonRamen (Jfrantz)
weregrrl
wizardinwhite*
WonderWoman* (cmarie)
zofia* (aelephanta)

If I have mistyped anything, please let me know ASAP. If you ever want to be removed, let me know that as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About Board Game Arena (BGA)

(I know it's a bit long. I might try to organize it better so as to find a topic you want quickly.)

[Will try to edit on occasion to keep up with current changes.]

BGA has existed for quite some time as a real-time gaming site, until recently when they added turn-based play. For those of us who like the more relaxed atmosphere of turn-based sites, this was interesting news. Some things in this post are geared more towards the turn-based, and even towards differences from Yucata, cuz... well, that's what I know. :-)

BGA is not quite as (cough) intuitive as it could be. I would suggest reading the FAQs. If you scroll down to the bottom, there's a link to the Wiki FAQs which does have a bit more info, but there's a lot missing. Turn-based play is also still in its infancy, and they are gradually making changes.

First and foremost, even though it's turn-based, there is still a clock running. Because this can get a little weird and confusing, I'm going to devote another post just for the clock. But do be aware that you can still go over time, even when set to Unlimited, and get a "red mark" for doing so, and can lose skill points.

Friends. To find friends, go into Community in the menu up top, and you'll have to type their name. Once in their profile, over to the upper right you can add them to your Friend list. If both people add each other, they become Reciprocal Friends.

You can then invite only your friends, specific people, this group, another group, etc.

Invitations: Think Fast! You have 30 seconds to make an invitiation, if you can believe that. It's important to note that you can continue to change it even after it goes up. You can only change certain things once someone joins, but if that messes you up, you can also just delete the game and start over. You'll want to set the clock speed first. There's a line near the top to add comments. ELO is their rating system, which defaults to Yes. The number of players has a minimum and maximum. You have the control to start the game once the minimum is met, or wait to see if others join. (You can set min/max to the same number.) Under the list of player names is a box saying "save a place for" where you can add one or more people that you want to include.

You can also set restrictions. This is where you'll find a drop-down box to pick just your friends list, or a group you belong to. You can set player level. Then you can restrict by "behavior" on the site. If you are making an open invitation I would suggest using this!! You can restrict by thumbs down, % of games abandoned and % of games over time. I've noticed turn-based games get abandoned quite a bit, which is why I would suggest setting to less than 10% for open invites. If you know who you're inviting, you can certainly skip that part.

I'd suggest just starting an invite, keep an eye on that little 30 second countdown, look around, when it's about to run out, just quit the game, and do it again. (You can even quit the game if the invite goes up, since you have control over actually starting it.)

The invitation lists (under Play Now) consist of live games and turn-based. You can look at any game table, see the players, the settings, etc. When you join the game you'll see the time available for the clock, which you have to agree to... don't worry, you can "join" a game and still quit again if it hasn't started yet. You're not really stuck until the "admin" actually starts the game.

There is an in-game chat. It shows up in the same list as the turn moves. If you are looking at a table, the chat to the left will also include comments for that table only. [Edit: they keep changing the chat and I can't keep up.] You can also chat with someone privately. To do this, go into their profile (from your friend list, or from Community) and click "send private message to xxxx." This will also show to the left.

Once you finish a game, you can click on the link to view the results. At this time, it is a good idea to leave a green thumbs up for your opponents. You can only leave one for any one individual. It's a good idea to leave the green thumb to allow people to build a reputation, unless someone displays bad behavior.

ELO. This is their skill ranking, which I don't know much about yet, except that it's what they use for Chess and that it's unlike Trueskill, and your starting skill is 1200.

As of now, there are no Notes and no memory support. (This has been brought up in the forums.) They've simply lifted the live interface for the turn-based. You can click on the text recap to the right and play it back from some point in the game. It shows the turns as they look live, but it runs pretty quick. [Edit: there is now a new Notes feature for turn-based but I have not used it yet.]

If there's anything anyone is confused about, I already know the site reasonably well, and I can add to or change this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dreaded Clock (Or, Toto, we're not in Yucataland anymore.)

This might not be a fun read, but it might be better than learning the hard way. If the clock seems prohibitive, make sure you hit the last paragraphs. If you're confused, just ask.

[PLEASE NOTE: They have changed some things about how this works. The changes had serious issues and they have adjusted some things, but I haven't really played much since that time and am not that familiar with the changes. Much of it is the same.]

There are 7 speeds of play, 4 of which are turn-based. You get a "start" time which is given at the beginning of the game, which is available extra time to be used on any turns. Then you have a turn time, which is added at the beginning of each turn. The concept works pretty much the same for both real-time and turn-based.

I think it's easier to understand in real-time mode. Let's say you have 5 minutes of start time and 30 seconds turn time. Everyone starts with 5 minutes, extra time that can be used whenever. On your first turn, 30 seconds gets added to the clock. You now have 5 minutes and 30 seconds. You take 20 seconds for this turn, with 10 seconds to spare. This 10 seconds stays on the clock and carries over. So you end this turn with 5 minutes and 10 seconds. At the beginning of your next turn you get another 30 seconds added on, for a total of 5 minutes and 40 seconds. This time you take 50 seconds for your turn. You have cut into your start time by 10 seconds, and you leave this turn with 4 minutes and 50 seconds. Etc.

It's very common for turns to vary in time. If you tend to "float around" the start time, you know you're averaging around the turn time, some more, some less.

The fastest turn-based speed in existence right now is 2 turns per day. This means 12 hours per turn. You would get a start time of 3 days. (As far as I can tell, start time for turn-based is always the equivalent of 6 turns.) The rest is the same concept as real-time, just in slow motion. The slowest option is one turn per 2 days, not counting the unlimited.

It's still important to separate out the turn time (look for the little red line along the top), because when turn time is up, the system does allow you to be expelled. This does not mean that people will start expelling you the second your turn time is up, because most people can be reasonable about it. (At the same time, many people at that site still want games to move along and may only allow for a small percent over turn time. The only guarantee is playing people you know won't do this.)

But... if your total time runs out (i.e. you use up all your start time), the system considers you ran out of time and can give you a "red mark" for this.

[EDIT: They have made some changes. As far as I know, the turn time and total time concepts remain the same. The difference is that when time runs out, other players can now skip your turn rather than expelling you. If everyone chooses a group abandon, I believe everyone left is considered to "win," pro-rated based on percent through the game. They keep changing how it works cause it has issues, and I'm not quite sure exactly how it works.]

Unlimited Time: This is not really unlimited, just a lot less restrictive. The last I heard, your start time is 20 days and turn time is 8 days. (They have changed this a couple of times.) If you start taking two weeks for every turn, you would still eat away at that pretty quickly. So unlimited does allow for busy lives, but is not truly unlimited. (As a note, I would suggest you don't take an open invite at unlimited time, because someone always has a habit of just never showing up.)

That said... if you're playing with people you know, and you trust they won't just disappear, unlimited can be a good setting if you don't want to commit to a faster speed. Keep in mind, if it's people you know and everyone agrees that slow is OK, then the only problem is if you run out of total time - and that's not a problem if you can average at least close to turn time.

Any of the turn-based settings also work well for live play when you don't want to be rushed by a clock, and/or have time to chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I won't be accepting any invites because I'm going on holiday soon, but feel free to invite me in August
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzie
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton
badge
A Hug a Day keeps the Doctor away!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this! I'm on BGA as HuggableHamster and I'll be around more next week . Also it is good to know that it is really clunky on a tablet, crashes and disconnects loads, and there is no undo button!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Bone
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for stating this list.
The turn-based mode of BGA still didn't convince me totally. I have to say userfriendlywise Yucata is the best site, even though the games ofter look better on other sites. And I really don't like about BGA that you can kick out players of games when there time hasn't run out yet and sometimes life happens there is 30 day like on Yucata and BAJ better.

So, I just want to play the games on BGA that I can't play else where, so eventhough I like Targi, Jaipur, Stone Age I don't want to play them on BGA anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on there as natwicks86. Though I'm only reeaally familiar with Takenoko on there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
I'm on there as Chase1. I mostly play Puerto Rico, sometimes Tzolk'in or Through the Ages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will keep a list of things people think I need to add above, and try to update when I have time.

Irgendwer, I agree with you for the most part. I'll always be a Yucata person at heart. But it is nice to sometimes play fast (like 2 turns a day), as long as I know I can be around, and I even play live occasionally but I'm not a big fan of that clock.

As a note, you cannot be kicked out of a game if your turn time is not up. You can be kicked out once that is up, but before your total time is up, yes. (I'll have examples when I get to the clock post.) I would just say if you have an iffy schedule, only play people you know... you can also leave a note in chat real quick if you know you'll be a few days. If a reason is given, people can be more lenient on the turn time factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tamm
United States
boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm on BGA as playgirl. i prefer to play live games rather than having games drag on for weeks. i'd like to learn TTA, which i believe is on BGA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
playgirl64 wrote:
i'd like to learn TTA, which i believe is on BGA.
Yeah, they added that at the same time they did the turn-based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liallan wrote:
I will keep a list of things people think I need to add above, and try to update when I have time.

Irgendwer, I agree with you for the most part. I'll always be a Yucata person at heart. But it is nice to sometimes play fast (like 2 turns a day), as long as I know I can be around, and I even play live occasionally but I'm not a big fan of that clock.

As a note, you cannot be kicked out of a game if your turn time is not up. You can be kicked out once that is up, but before your total time is up, yes. (I'll have examples when I get to the clock post.) I would just say if you have an iffy schedule, only play people you know... you can also leave a note in chat real quick if you know you'll be a few days. If a reason is given, people can be more lenient on the turn time factor.
I'm in a Targi game there with
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
. And I got an email that her time ran out after not being online for about a day and when I went to the table it said she had still 9 days left on the clock, but it showed me the button where I could kick her out of the game. Well, of course I didn't checked if the button would actually work or not. And a few days later I didn't make it online and I had still days left on my clock, but I still got an email that my time is running out and I guess she could have kicked me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Irgendwer]
I'm in a Targi game there with
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[/user wrote:
. And I got an email that her time ran out after not being online for about a day and when I went to the table it said she had still 9 days left on the clock, but it showed me the button where I could kick her out of the game. Well, of course I didn't checked if the button would actually work or not. And a few days later I didn't make it online and I had still days left on my clock, but I still got an email that my time is running out and I guess she could have kicked me out.
Oh wow, I really need to get my post about the clock thing up. There's a difference between turn time and your total time. I also didn't realize people got those emails, probably because I generally don't have email notifications on. Now that I think about it, I may have seen something about it on the forums. I'll try to find that.

And I'll try to get that "clock post" up some time tonight.

Oh, and yes that button actually does work, but it warns you that you really need to be sure and makes you confirm it. So even if you accidentally click it, you can cancel it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, the clock post is up. Sorry for the length - being succinct has never been my strong suit.

If you don't want the emails bugging you about your turns, you can turn that off in your preferences, although it might not hurt to leave it on in case you do totally forget about it. You can ignore them. (I'm not someone who likes getting email alerts.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Liallan wrote:
The Dreaded Clock (Or, Toto, we're not in Yucataland anymore.)

laughlaughlaugh

Great start and I found the entire post to be very helpful. Not sure when I am going to have a chance to try out BGA, probably not for a few months. But knowing how different the clock is going in will be very helpful!

Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janelle Cooper
United States
Mound Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extaordinary destiny." C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Dreaded Clock
My most illustrious Empress,

I hope that there is no "clock" measuring or restricting our "gaming" for I hope to "play" with you for a long, long time... and that there will be times when the tantalizing pause will be more of the pleasure than the answer.

Out of place, I know. But that is part of the fun of the game.

Your most respectful, warped vessel and purveyor of chaste pleasure to my Empress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mom4rmhell wrote:

I hope that there is no "clock" measuring or restricting our "gaming" for I hope to "play" with you for a long, long time... and that there will be times when the tantalizing pause will be more of the pleasure than the answer.

Your most respectful, warped vessel and purveyor of chaste pleasure to my Empress.

You are reminding me of Chaucer in A Knight's Tale. And I have no idea what you just said, but I think you called me an Empress. laugh So I'll take that as a compliment.

So, did you want your name added to the list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

Great start and I found the entire post to be very helpful. Not sure when I am going to have a chance to try out BGA, probably not for a few months. But knowing how different the clock is going in will be very helpful!
We all await you with baited breath. Perhaps I'll have actually learned a new game there by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janelle Cooper
United States
Mound Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extaordinary destiny." C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Liallan wrote:
mom4rmhell wrote:

You are reminding me of Chaucer in A Knight's Tale. And I have no idea what you just said, but I think you called me an Empress. laugh So I'll take that as a compliment.

So, did you want your name added to the list?

Dear Liallan,
You are running what to me equates to a virtual "Empire" of astounding complexity and no doubt filled with snarky intrigue and virtual life and death decisions (the Clock of Doom reminded me of Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum).

If you are governing an Empire, does that not make you an Empress?

And you are quite correct in identifying A Knight's Tale, tempered a bit by Bunyan's A Pilgrim's Progress lest it become too baudy. I would like to be kept apprised of the opportunities on BGA, but I've only just joined Yucata and I'm not sure of whether I can survive the Clock of Doom. We are approaching the horrifically busy part of the year for a apple orchard, but The Winter's Tale is an entirely different story...

Most respectfully yours,
Janelle
Purveyor of chaste pleasure and hard cider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I am hence forward Empress Liallan. (If only you knew who Liallan was.)

The Clock of Doom. laugh

I don't see references to A Knight's Tale too often, but it is a good movie, and I dearly love every character (except one - I am not even sure he is "fun to hate").

Are you on the list for Yucata? I do not have a Janelle or a mom4rmhell in my list. But I promise not to add you here until you ask. Go take care of your lovely apples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janelle Cooper
United States
Mound Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liallan wrote:
Then I am hence forward Empress Liallan. (If only you knew who Liallan was.)

The Clock of Doom. laugh

I don't see references to A Knight's Tale too often, but it is a good movie, and I dearly love every character (except one - I am not even sure he is "fun to hate").

Are you on the list for Yucata? I do not have a Janelle or a mom4rmhell in my list. But I promise not to add you here until you ask. Go take care of your lovely apples.

Most Illustrious Empress of BGG Ladies of BGAland,

Minor point, but to be grammatically correct you are now "henceforth" Empress Liallan.

Liallan
AKA(translation): Лиэллан
Category: Character character female
Female
Elf
Moredhel

World: Midkemia
Pronunciation: Li-al-lan

Chieftain of the Hamandien\

As a remnant of the "Ancient Ones," I know nothing of a cinematic version of "A Knight's Tale," only the written one by Chaucer. I have not seen a projected or digitalized work in several years, and the television that I own has not even been turned on (if that is still the term for energizing it) in quite some time.

From the Cyrillic spelling of your name, the pronunciation should not be Li-al-lan, but rather Li(y)-ELL-an, but a name is what you make of it, and if your world is not Cyrillically based, make of your life what you desire. Part of my education/training is in ancient Cyrillic.

I am on Yucata as mom4rmhell, I don't think that I have a BGA presence yet. I may likely appear as something less foreboding than that christened by my son upon his graduation from infantry boot camp. (Long, unnecessary story. The bottom line of which was, "Thanks, Basic was a breeze.)

Part of me leans toward unity and consistency, part of me rebels.

I am still completely confused by Yucata, and I may never advance/expand to BGA, so don't hold any one/any thing back on my account. I am from the generation of "Divine Right," pushing cardboard counters around a map defined by hexagons, with mythical rulers controlling mythical armies and navies for control of their continent before the age of Dungeons and Dragons, let alone the satanic influences of computers.

Hell, I used to write computer programs using punch cards and prayers.

I bow to you, Empress of BGAland, and wish you the greatest possible success in your complex endeavours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mom4rmhell wrote:

Minor point, but to be grammatically correct you are now "henceforth" Empress Liallan.
Ah, but I used to tutor correct grammer - I just do not always choose to use it. Besides, it's my Empire; I can't speak how I want. laugh

Quote:

Liallan
AKA(translation): Лиэллан
Category: Character character female
Female
Elf
Moredhel

World: Midkemia
Pronunciation: Li-al-lan

Chieftain of the Hamandien\
Very good. Although I have always had a hard time thinking of the Moredhel as elves, even though they share the same ancestry. (I guess I just have a hard time thinking of an elf as "bad." So I separate the Moredhel in my mind.)

She also would not make a good Empress, unless you're a Moredhel too.

And she's definitely not Cyrillic. She is not of Earth.

Quote:
As a remnant of the "Ancient Ones," I know nothing of a cinematic version of "A Knight's Tale," only the written one by Chaucer.
That's interesting. I didn't know Chaucer actually wrote any such thing. He's in the movie, but I was under the impression they timed the movie during a period when little is known about Chaucer, so that the movie fills in unknown time. Peter the Pardoner and Simon the Summoner are in the movie as well when they "meet" Chaucer.

Quote:
I have not seen a projected or digitalized work in several years, and the television that I own has not even been turned on (if that is still the term for energizing it) in quite some time.
I was once the same, in terms of never energizing the TV. At a later point I started watching DVDs but did not watch anything that came in from outside of my house. Later, however, I have been wasting more time in front of the thing.

Quote:
I am on Yucata as mom4rmhell.... I am still completely confused by Yucata,
You need to post over here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/761902/bgg-ladies-yucata
We do not have you on our list. (Being included on the list is not a requirement.) You can ask about Yucata there if you find it confusing.

Quote:
... and I may never advance/expand to BGA, so don't hold any one/any thing back on my account. I am from the generation of "Divine Right," pushing cardboard counters around a map defined by hexagons, with mythical rulers controlling mythical armies and navies for control of their continent before the age of Dungeons and Dragons, let alone the satanic influences of computers.
Eek! They are not quite Satanic... perhaps a little influencing. (Smartphones are Satanic.) I too am pre-Dungeons and Dragons, but I gradually tend to gravitate towards puzzles and games of all sorts, including the computer ones. Though sometimes I am a few years behind everyone else.

Quote:
Hell, I used to write computer programs using punch cards and prayers.
Ah... I remember the punch cards. Never used them myself because I wasn't aware that I was a computer geek yet, but I certainly remember them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping...

So how do we go about getting this pinned with the other like threads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |