Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Bolin
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
For all my worthless opinions, please enjoy the Limited Playtime Podcast!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be in San Diego today and would like to grab a new board game with my friend and my wife. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good board game shop in the San Diego area?

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Empire on Clairemont Mesa off 805 is really good. I used to play Hero Clix there back in the day.

That's the only one I know of. There was one in Old Town, but I'm told it closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Yunus
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is also At Ease Games on miramar Rd. All the games will be priced at MSRP. I have also been to Game Empire and it seems they tend to price their games $5 more than msrp for a few of their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pair a Dice 2020 Hacienda Dr in Vista (near Oceanside.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wenzel
United States
Mariposa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omaryunus wrote:
There is also At Ease Games on miramar Rd. All the games will be priced at MSRP. I have also been to Game Empire and it seems they tend to price their games $5 more than msrp for a few of their games.

Just after Christmas I checked out Game Empire and quickly left. Every game I looked at was marked above retail. I will never give money to a place that charges above MSRP.

Next time I'm in the area I'll check out At Ease Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Crement
msg tools
Game Empire is centrally located and has other stores around if you wish to grab a bite. It is also biggger and is more likely to have open tables if you plan to play at the store. vilinous layer doesnt offer much different but, i believe they are more ccg centric. VL is in a hipster coffee house district, which can also be fun to explore if you are into that. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man"
mbmbmbmbmb
I also recommend Pair A Dice Games in Vista. It is in North San Diego County, so maybe a little bit of a drive, but it is clean, well-stocked and has pleasant, helpful employees. Game Empire has the epitome of the rude, unhelpful employees that take the "friendly" out of FLGS - at least when I've been there. I would avoid that store at all costs ... I've never been to Villainous Lair, so I can't comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
char(filter(1,[1 -1],[66 5 0 -39 82 -3 -12 8 8 -82]))
mbmbmbmbmb
You may also want to check the San Diego guild for advice:

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1449

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Evans
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Towne was closed when I visited it in Mid-June. They had just finished a 50% off sale (based on the sigh) and everything inside looked like they were packing up to be done.

I visited Pair-of-Dice games for the first time last Saturday and they have one of the best board game collections I've come across. As a benefit the store is very clean, very organized, and the staff is very nice. The only hard part is the parking. Park in the back, not out near In-n-Out. You might get trapped in your spot for a while with all the people in the drive-thru.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls