Martina Frohme
Germany
flag msg tools
The Dice & Mystics Board Game Guild say: Good play - better day!
badge
We can still hear you, Major Tom. Thank you.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a few at our "Fringe" event in Saturday, too. Feel free to contact me if you want to bring your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the new hall plans available? Can't seem to find them (with the booth numbers and the names listed like previous years)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
/
flag msg tools
badge
Play black time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
Are the new hall plans available? Can't seem to find them (with the booth numbers and the names listed like previous years)

Those will be available two weeks prior to the fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As it stands now the pinned first post of this thread is confusing things for visitors by stating for instance:
Quote:
28 What's the best way to get games home? Can I ship games from the show?
You cannot ship games directly from the show halls. But there are choices if you want to send boxes home by courier.

When the official Spiel 2018 site states that there sure is Shipping services at the fair, with booth number (4 L107) and all:
https://www.spiel-messe.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Preis...

This topic needs to be either unpinned or updated to reflect new information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
2018 plans are online:
https://www.spiel-messe.com/en/spiel-guide/

https://www.spiel-messe.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Spiel...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Klobouk
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Does anyone know the dimensions of the divider walls? In order to bring posters of the right size! I tried looking for this information but I haven't found anything.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
Germany
Essen
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think they are 2.5m -- (perhaps 3m max)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been out of the United States and am looking to demo at a booth this year. This was massively helpful. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope you enjoy your stay in Germany! Safe travels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
odie73 wrote:

I hope you enjoy your stay in Germany! Safe travels.

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken a closer look at the maps from the official SPIEL guide and I'm not sure if I understand it correctly, maybe someone can help me.

Are there only three entrances to the fair and all on the southern side of it (West, Mitte, Ost)? The reason I'm asking is this year I'm probably coming from the north through the Gruga Park, yet according to the plans you cannot enter the halls from that direction. So is it correct that I'd need to walk around the whole fair to get to one of the three entrances on the main road?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wagler
Germany
Wiesloch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are correct (only south-side entries).
But there is a passage underground at P6 you can take to cross the halls coming from the north.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fwagler wrote:
you are correct (only south-side entries).
But there is a passage underground at P6 you can take to cross the halls coming from the north.

Thanks for the quick help, fwagler. Then I'll just need to find the Lührmannstraße when walking through the park.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
Germany
Essen
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grugapark has an exit near the entrance of hall 3 ( Lührmannstrasse)
so just cross the park
you can enter the park fro north by Orangerie - from Virchowstreet

google maps shows you the way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars P
Germany
flag msg tools
I'm going on Friday and I just wanted to know how quickly the games sell out?

Would be a bummer, if I go there and one of the games I really want to pick up are already gone.

And will it be possible to leave and re-enter the fair to store bought games in my car? Or do they have lockers? Just so I don't have to carry my purchases around for the whole day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apocalyarts wrote:
I'm going on Friday and I just wanted to know how quickly the games sell out?

Would be a bummer, if I go there and one of the games I really want to pick up are already gone.

And will it be possible to leave and re-enter the fair to store bought games in my car? Or do they have lockers? Just so I don't have to carry my purchases around for the whole day...

Some things will undoubtedly sell out, but apart from most JaponBrand games , it's hard to predict what. The only way to make sure is to pre-order.

It's no problem to exit the halls, just make sure they give you a wrist band for re-entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been to Essen for the first time last year and after the weekend we were wondering if there was an open gaming area we missed where you could play anything, ideally with games you could rent from a library at the convention.

We didn't see anything like that last year and now that I have looked at the Unofficial Hall Plans I couldn't find anything like it either on the maps.

Does Essen have an open gaming area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
Germany
Essen
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only one is in Hall 1 - F 160 Spielezentrum Herne

normaly crowded
they have a library with the new stuff from the fair and old things
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cervantez wrote:
We've been to Essen for the first time last year and after the weekend we were wondering if there was an open gaming area we missed where you could play anything, ideally with games you could rent from a library at the convention.

We didn't see anything like that last year and now that I have looked at the Unofficial Hall Plans I couldn't find anything like it either on the maps.

Does Essen have an open gaming area?

There's very little available at Essen. The best apportunity to actually play full games rather than demos is usually in the evening in the lobbies of the larger hotels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chantal cointot
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, we put together a short video about the underground ticket machines, as they gave us a bit of trouble last year

Enjoy Essen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M20pSpYQDc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris GIANADDA
France
Alfortville
Ile de France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose I am not the first to suggest it but :
22 Apart from the show, is there anything else for a tourist to do in Essen?

The spa in the Gruga Park is most excellent. 20€ for 2 hours. If you exit by the back of the Messe, the spa is less than 100m from the Messe. You can rent a towel (5€) and you don't need a bathing suit (yay, less weight in the backpack ). Several saunas, open air hot water pool, zen spaces... everything to have 2 hours of calm after the massive crowds and tiring gaming days.

https://grugaparktherme.de/en/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a look at the Old Synagogue, which is pretty impressive. No-one there seemed to speak English, which made it a little tricky with my 'intermediate' German (according to the course I took). https://www.essen.de/rathaus/aemter/ordner_45_9/alte_synagog...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.