6 Posts

Ogre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Turn Sequencing question from Newbie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Obsidian Rose
msg tools
In the rule book sixth edition page 10 Turn Sequencing, I get to the following

2. Movement phase. Any or all units may move up to their full number of movement points (see Section 5). Units which move into terrain that may disable them must stop! If any unit(s) enter an enemy-occupied hex, creating a ram/overrun situation, immediately:

(a) roll to see whether any attacking units entering swamp/ rubble, or attacking GEVs entering swamp/rubble/forest, are disabled;

(b) resolve the ram/overrun attack and move surviving units (if any) the remainder of their movement.

Then it goes onto 3. Disable check. Which I take it to refer to the first part of 2. Units which move into terrain that may disable them must stop!

I can't get my head around (a) of the Movement phase. Am I understanding it right that it only applies if you enter a swamp that has an enemy already in it, so you then see if you become disabled before you can attack or ram ?

So that then the ram effect would fail because you were disabled ??

Think I am getting myself confused over something simple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
Any unit which enters a disabling hex must stop and roll for disabling, whether or not it is attacking an enemy. However, because overruns are resolved immediately, a unit attempting an overrun into a disabling hex has to roll immediately, to see if the overrun even happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsidian Rose
msg tools
Hi David
Thanks for that, so when you talk of overrun, the same applies just for a ram I take it.

So to sum up I am right in thinking that the roll to check if you are disabled happens, and if you are the ram does not take place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McKinley Hamby
United States
Charles Town
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obsidianrose wrote:
So to sum up I am right in thinking that the roll to check if you are disabled happens, and if you are the ram does not take place.

Not quite right.
Disabling terrain is only used in G.E.V. Not Ogre. Terrain in Ogre is either prohibited, or clear. IE the craters are prohibited to all, and the crest hex side are prohibited only for the normal armor units.

Also, you are either using the "over run" rules or not. Ramming is ONLY used in Ogre. The "over runs" rules replaced ramming in G.E.V. And it was suggested that you replace the ramming rules with the over run rules in Ogre. (Note: I remember reading, somewhere, about using the ramming rules instead of over run in G.E.V. for those who did not like the "complication" that the over run rules add.)

McK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obsidian Rose
msg tools
Hi McKinley,
Now that has confused me a bit, I am reading the rules which came with the Designer Edition, it seems that I have the choice to either have the simple ram rules or the overrun but not both, is that right ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McKinley Hamby
United States
Charles Town
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. Either Or, not both.

McK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.