Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been quite a few months since the last Canadian math trade, so let's give this another go. Traditionally it's the slow time of the year, but hopefully there's still enough interest in this from coast to coast. Here's the perfect opportunity to try and trade away all your unwanted games.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2014 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2014 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Tuesday July 29th 2:00 PM EDT to Tuesday August 5th 9:00 PM EDT

Want List Submissions: Tuesday August 5th 9:00 PM EDT to Thursday August 7th 11:00 PM EDT

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Tuesday, August 5th, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Thursday, August 7th, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Math Trade Results:

Results (OLWLG) = bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=176785

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/176785-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/176785-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftovers Results:

Results (OLWLG) = bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=177223

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/177223-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/177223-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've always wanted to participate in this math trade but was a bit weary on the shipping costs. Does anyone have a ball park idea of how much shipping costs are usually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PahToots wrote:
I've always wanted to participate in this math trade but was a bit weary on the shipping costs. Does anyone have a ball park idea of how much shipping costs are usually?

It's really dependent on the size of box you're shipping. A standard size game box (Ticket to Ride or a typical FFG box) that's tightly packed is usually around $18-$22 for me, depending on how far it's going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Would that value $18.00-22.00 be to anywhere in Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan for about $20 shipping per game (and consider that when filling out my want lists). I always hope to trade to someone local, so I can arrange a no-ship handoff, but that only happens once in a while. However, last trade, both were shipped in-province, and I sent both for a total of about $30.

I see you're in Milton. There's a no-ship Math Trade at TABSCon every 3 months. You should come in for that & participate in the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PahToots wrote:

For a standard size box, yes. I've rarely had things come in much higher than that, and when it has happened it's because I'm shipping something big like an FFG coffin box or multiple games in one larger box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PahToots wrote:

A lot of it is also based on distance traveled. Shipping from ON is quite advantageous as we're sort of in the middle of the country. I find shipping within ON or QC usually costs around $9 to $12, and then to ship to either coast is usually around $16 to $18 at most for really remote locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade is now live in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
I see you're in Milton. There's a no-ship Math Trade at TABSCon every 3 months. You should come in for that & participate in the trade.

Yeah I've participated in three most recent ones. I guess I'm just a little anxious haha but I could always wait for it to come up in the coming month.

Thanks everyone for all the quick responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, as always, Ox. I've been checking my subscriptions daily, thinking we were due for a Canadian math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam Schmidt
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Canada
Might be a close shave for me, I've got my items tied up in the Gen Con Math Trade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what is expected as far as how the games are shipped? If I wrap the game is that enough? Does the game need to be boxed and then wrapped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
It should arrive in the condition that was described. From my experience when receiving games, putting a game in an envelope will not work. In my opinion a box is required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read this thread:
Guide to Packaging!

As a quick summary: Put the game in a box, preferably with a bit of packing material around it (crumpled newspaper is OK). just Wrapping it in brown paper is risking damage to the game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also recommend crumpling up some paper and stuffing the inside of the box to avoid the contents from shuffling around and getting damaged.

Also as for shipping, the costs don't change that much (if at all) to use a proper box and adding a bit of weight with light packing materials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Gilliland
Canada
TOronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I've watched the Tutorials and read the rules and am putting up Babel. in the Generator i've added it to the list and it's now showing up on the geek list, but it's not showing up in "Step 4"

do i need to wait for the mod to refresh the list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoryDG wrote:
I've watched the Tutorials and read the rules and am putting up Babel. in the Generator i've added it to the list and it's now showing up on the geek list, but it's not showing up in "Step 4"

do i need to wait for the mod to refresh the list?

Yes, you need to wait for the OLWLG refresh, which I just did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Gilliland
Canada
TOronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
nevermind, it shows up now.

i'm going through the games and click "want" and adding what i'm willing to trade for it. I only have 1 game listed.

can you confirm that i can click "want" next to as many games as i want and it won't overextend my offer. i don't want this to end and i find out i owe my game to 6 different people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoryDG wrote:

i'm going through the games and click "want" and adding what i'm willing to trade for it. I only have 1 game listed.

can you confirm that i can click "want" next to as many games as i want and it won't overextend my offer. i don't want this to end and i find out i owe my game to 6 different people.

You can add as many wants as you want for your single entry. Each item up for trade can only trade for one other item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
RoryDG wrote:

You can add as many wants as you want for your single entry. Each item up for trade can only trade for one other item.

It's also important to note that you're only trading for *one* of the items on your list, not all of them combined. Veteran Math Traders take this for granted, but there have been occasional new traders that don't understand this, and end up offering a valuable game for a small game, thinking they were going to get 3 or 4 small games, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New traders should note that they will get an email that states their want list has been submitted and that until they get that email they have only composed a draft of their want list. I forgot to click the final link and was left out last time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NFLD wrote:
New traders should note that they will get an email that states their want list has been submitted and that until they get that email they have only composed a draft of their want list. I forgot to click the final link and was left out last time.

Yes! Thanks for mentioning that!

More specifically, you'll get a GeekMail through BGG. (If you don't have it set to forward your GeekMails to E-mail, you won't get an E-mail...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Gilliland
Canada
TOronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
where do i submit hte want list? i have it set up but i never received an email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.