BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: looking for board game stores in grand rapids, MI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
dave hodge
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
hey can anyone let me know of any gameing stores in the grand rapids area? thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

Riders Hobby Shop on 28th Street in Kentwood. However, their selection is very small but I believe that they can order something they don't have on the shelf. Also, the Toys R US on Alpine Ave. carries some of the Hasbro games and I've seen Ticket to Ride and Carcasonne before.

Are you from the GR area? Do you know that we have a gaming group in the area called Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers (GRAB)? We have game nights weekly to bi-weekly and have long game days 2 to 4 times per year. In fact we have a game day coming up on Sept. 9. If you want more info let me know.

Brian Sinclair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this. Google "Fairplay games". They are an online only storefront, in Columbiaville, MI. In fact they have no customer phone number...just a Fax number, and an e-mail contact site. Perhaps you can order something, then contact them to arrange to pick it up.........the worst they can do is tell you no.

Last month I placed a $130.00 order, and had no problems at all, but that was only for purchase and delivery (and had to pay MI sales tax, to boot).

Again, it won't hurt to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I'm basically just going to second everything that Brian said. Grand Rapids really has no good FLGS.

There are a couple of small comic book stores that carry the odd copy of Settlers, etc., but everything is sold at retail. Also, most people working at said stores know absolutely nothing about the games...

If you are in or near GR, hopefully we'll get to see you on September 9th (details at www.grgames.com).
If you can't make it send me an email and I'll get you connected with the right people for our yahoo! group.

Later!

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Orosz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark,

Unfortunately, Fairplay Games is located a bit east of Flint, which is on the other side of the state from Dave. I don't think it will help Dave anymore than any other web game store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls