Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Walker
United States
Lago Vista
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will throw another game store in the mix... The Game Closet in Waco on Franklin Avenue is a great store. They have a knowledgeable staff, and decent and varied selection, as well as open games to try if my memory serves me correctly. The guy who runs it was telling me about playtesting and designing games. He knows his stuff and will get you anything you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Vain
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rogues Gallery www.roguesgallerytx.com in Round Rock will be closer for you than Austin. Great staff and great selection. If they don't have it they can order it... One of the best store I visited in the area.

Christophe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Warren
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
Here's a more poignant question. How come none of us Austin BGG'ers have gotten together yet to have a game day?

Too busy going to see all the great live music you guys have down there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Dingus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it was a bit crowded last night, with us, them and some people actually there to eat pizza. Luckily, the other south game group (Boards and Brews meetup) only meets every other week. So there will be a dozen or more Cosmic Encounter people coming, but not till Dec. 1st. Maybe they'll move along or to another night, since we were there first? Not to seem unwelcoming, but still. . .I doubt the restaurant will want us setting up card tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bragi1013 wrote:
joebelanger wrote:

Here's a more poignant question. How come none of us Austin BGG'ers have gotten together yet to have a game day?
]

I just started attending a Tuesday night game group in South Austin, SAGN, http://groups.google.com/group/sagn?lnk=srg&hl=en . I played Arkham Horror with Dingus (she's on BGG). It's a great group, but it just merged with another, so it's starting to get a little crowded. I think there's definitely enough interest to start a North Group (since that's where all the shops are anyway).

If anyone wants to start a really south group in the San Marcos/Buda/Kyle area, please contact me.

Interested.
Been in kyle for 2 years after 8 in austin.
Ever since my group of about 10 years recently took a hit (family, enlistments, etc) I've been looking for players. I know of three guys in the area that would play, and usually do so in my garage. We play a good mix, but Ameritrash seems to be the favorite.
In fact, I joined the Austin Boards and Brews meetup to see what the south austin player pool is like. I plan to attend the CE game on Dec 1st. I guess it's at Austin Pizza. We can meetup and talk there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Central Texas' biggest board game convention! Every August!
badge
Board Game Bash; Austin, TX; www.boardgamebash.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Koryo wrote:

TRIBE Comics & Games
2919 Manchaca Rd. #102 78704

Best pricing of the three.

They sponsor:
South Austin Game Night
Tuesdays 6:00 @ Austin's Pizza on South Lamar
groups.google.com/group/sagn
Yeah, I'd like to echo Cory's suggestion here. They're really the only choice in south Austin. Great Hall is great, but they're a bit inconvenient for those of us south of the river. For a store their size, Tribe has a great selection, and is really good about getting new stuff in. They also will special order anything you want. Plus, the guys that run it are nice, and know a good amount about the games they have in the store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DeQuan Watson
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks for the recommendation

We've been trying really hard to get our board game numbers up. By the middle of this year we plan to have 270 or so SKUs for various board/family games in store. We're right around 200 now, so it's all god

We also have groups that come into the store on Sundays that play weekly.

The Game Closet
3122 Franklin Ave
Waco, TX 76710
254-751-7251
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Dingus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Dennis. Haven't seen you at Great Hall lately. But I am mostly there on Friday nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |