Karl Fritz
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I do not think of boardgaming when I think of San Jose, but can anybody tell me if there are any boardgame/wargame shops close to Edenvale avenue in San Jose? Ill be in the area at a convention soon, so I may be looking for some time to kill.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have no idea where Edenvale is and maybe I should check, but GameKastle on Bascon near 880 has a very nice selection as well as having good space for open gaming. Very nice owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catherine von Xlorp
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Sly like a duck
badge
Try the biscuits
mbmbmbmbmb
Near 85 & 87, there's Oakridge Mall, Blossom Hill at Santa Teresa Blvd., South San Jose, off Highway 85, San Jose, CA Tel: 408-227-6660
They have Legends of Sports and Fantasy (408)578-5978
as well as a Games Workshop outlet (408) 226-6325

near 280 and 17/880, north from the Bascom exit, you can find the Game Kastle, 19 Washington St., 408-243-GAME.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fritz
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the replies.. I'll check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D&J Hobbies is near San Jose. They have a fair amount of stuff including board, RPG and miniatures. http://djhobby.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When will you actually be out here? There are several very active gaming groups around the area. On Labor Day Weekend in San Francisco/Burlingame there's a nice gaming convention (Conquest), too.

Legends at Oakridge has a sister store at the Vallco Mall Mall (Wolfe and Stevens Creek), too.

Have fun and enjoy your visit!

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to a thread I started requesting info concerning gaming in the Bay Area - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/932622#932622. During my trip to Daly City, that thread was VERY helpful to me and I had a great time. Let me just add that, if you're able, you MUST get over to East Bay and visit Games of Berkeley and Endgame in Oakland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fritz
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When will you actually be out here? There are several very active gaming groups around the area. On Labor Day Weekend in San Francisco/Burlingame there's a nice gaming convention (Conquest), too.

August 28, 29 and 30...

I am attending the following workshop.. http://www.oida.org/100G.html

Any other BGG'ers attending?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls