BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Lost: The Boardgame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Has anyone heard much info on this game? It looks quite good.

The designer says it's a mix between Magic, Talisman, and Settlers of Catan, and Chess. You can get more info here and even see some pics. Just click on the gallery near the bottom of the page:

http://boardgames.about.com/od/lostboardgame/a/description.h...

It's on sale at target, amazon, and wal-mart for about 15 bucks. Seems like a good deal for a good game.

Has anyone played it yet and have any impressions? I love the show and I am really thinking about getting this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stumbled across the Lost boardgame entry, but I realized that there was little info about it here on BGG. I haven't seen the game at stores here in Canada, so I can't help, but I am really curious about it. It seems more complicated than a typical american boardgame sold in retail stores, so I'm hoping that it turns out good. I too am a fan of the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More info on the official page here:

http://www.lostboardgame.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So did somebody enter it into BGG already. Or should I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
So did somebody enter it into BGG already. Or should I?

It's already in the database: Lost: The Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I've sent both links to the page just know. I also ordered the game at target.com a couple of hours ago. It reallly does seem fun. This was exactly the type of game I was thinking of when I was thinking of game designs that would do Lost justice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I understand the theme, the characters and the setting of the game... BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THE GAME ABOUT!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the session report at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/122120 gives me the impression that you are moving different characters (your own, and them some) with special powers around the board trying to fulfill a certain victory condition. This sounds to me not unlike Dungeon Twister. It looks like the board is made of hexes ala Tikal or Settlers. I wonder if the hexes have various blocked or open sides ala Tikal? That would make it interesting. Can't really tell that much more from the session report, but it definitely looks to be a far toss from your average weakass roll-and-move or trivia game tie-in. That's a good sign for both Lost and TGOO (these games of ours).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
joebelanger wrote:
OK, so I understand the theme, the characters and the setting of the game... BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THE GAME ABOUT!!!

Click on the link on my first post. That's most of the info we have gotten online. Surprisingly, this game doesn't have much hype. But it's only $15 and the pieces seem to be in good quality from the pictures I have seen(You can find a link to the pictures on the link of my first post).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
BUT WHAT THE HELL IS THE GAME ABOUT!!!

My my Joe. You seem rather upset. I think the description on its game page is pretty descriptive. The session report is too. It seems to be about playing a character (randomly chosen I would hope) and fulfilling the specific victory conditions for that particular character. All the while, having to deal with the other characters and the island itself as obstacles. Is that not enough?

Or are you rather asking "What is the world of Lost all about?"

Something tells me that this game isn't going to give that answer away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Actually, that's just one of the Victory conditions. You can also try to be the leader of each group. I'm not exactly sure how that works yet, but I'll find out in about five days. I might even try my hands out on a review once I get enough plays in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, Gabe,

So you see...the chicken, you with me so far? Yes? Good. The chicken was on one side of the road. No, it doesn't matter which road. It could be any road. Yes, Gabe, even this road. Y'know what, forget the road. Just imagine a fake road. Got it. OK? So this chicken... Oh, forget it. Hand me that piece a paper and pen, I feel a diagram might be necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
Hand me that piece a paper and pen, I feel a diagram might be necessary.

Here ya go:

Just don't draw me this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
Looks cool to me... and not like the normal licensed dreck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I never see the show...what was the "monster"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
heinrichsteven wrote:
I never see the show...what was the "monster"?

You still have as much idea as those that follow it closely.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
ced1106 wrote:
Has the words "beer and pretzels" all over it -- not that that's a bad thing. Although I'm curious if its "the stronger player gets stronger" mechanic works. Anyway, Amazon has Lost at $17 (and Lost cities at $19). Hope to hear more about this game!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_17/104-2044252-5941509?i...

aka. Washu! ^O^

You can get it at Target.com for I think $15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the session report now:

"So we took out LOST yesterday to play. The instructions are...interesting in that they are all in some form of latin, I think...it's hard to tell. Interspersed throughout the instruction booklet are small advertisements for Sprite, which was weird.

Anyway, we took out the board of the island, which was in four seperate pieces. The problem was we couldn't figure out how to fit the four pieces together. We took out our black light and looked at the back of the board and saw some weird drawing and the words: "Locke Holds The Key".

So we just sort of put the pieces together and placed our pawns....somewhere near the beach, it's hard to describe. I rolled and drew my first card--it said, "Hanso is watching." My TV flickered for a moment, which really weirded us out...and then we realized Tim was missing. Wasn't he just here? We just sort of skipped him, I guess, and went on with the game.

Hank took a turn and drew a card. It said, "Others Among You." He smiled warily, then suddenly we noticed a black smoke cloud emanating from the board. This was getting really crazy and, now that we think about it, really didn't make a bit of sense.

Joseph took his turn next, but screamed suddenly. He pointed frantically behind us. We turned and saw Tim, dripping wet and speaking backwards. I tried to decipher what he said:

"Og yeht sa pu siht gnikam era sretirw eht"

We were all shaken a bit. I picked up the dice again, but when I rolled them instead of numbers there were weird symbols on the dice. I looked at the rulebook but couldn't tell what to do. I picked them up and rolled them again, and now there were two different symbols on it. I shrugged and drew a card. It said:

"TO BE CONTINUED WITH LOST 2: THE BOARDGAME"

I looked around. All of my friends had suddenly disappeared, and I was naked from the waist down.

This has to be the WORST boardgame I have ever played. I would like to sa4 8 15 16 23 42 END TRANSMISSION"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken = funny thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if LOST 2 will contain the caveat: "The owls are not what they seem."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Murphy
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ken: and that game stretched over about 30 grueling sessions where people talked slowly about their old jobs, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:

Just don't draw me this:

Gold Leader: [stands up to ask question] Pardon me for asking, sir, but what good are snub fighters going to be against that?

General Dodonna: Well, the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station.

[Artoo makes beeping sounds. The computer display starts as Dodonna keeps talking]

The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station.

[a murmer of disbelief runs through the room]

Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hopefully it's better than CSI: The Boardgame gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason: Awesome. Just Awesome. If I weren't poor, I would give you a tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delirimouse wrote:
Jason: Awesome. Just Awesome. If I weren't poor, I would give you a tip.

Thanks! I just hope it brought a smile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.