Subject: FLGS in Los Angeles area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduard Pandele
Romania
Bucharest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm in a hurry, as one of my friends has just told me he'll be in Los Angeles for a couple days and I can't seem to find any boardgame retailers in Los Angeles.
Could anyone be so kind and post information on any boardgame stores in L.A.? The closest to Santa Monica, the better...
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's The Game Zone in Pasadena. That's about 30 minutes north of Santa Monica.

http://www.thegamezone.net/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Werth
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
There is only one in the West LA area. Aero Hobbies, on Santa Monica and around Yale. Just changed owners.

LA has a dearth of stores. You will not be well served by driving to the outskirts (orange county, riverside, burbank) to look for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamestuff.com/cgi-bin/gamestore.pl

Check this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This place has the largest game collection around, as far as I've seen.

The Last Grenadier
820 N Hollywood Way
Burbank, ca

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduard Pandele
Romania
Bucharest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thank you VERY VERY much for the info! I've composed a set of maps - my friend will have no excuse not to bring me at least one boardgame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your friend is picking something up, you may want to call these places ahead of time and arrange something. You may even be able to get a discount if you buy multipe games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll put a second plug in for Last Grenadier. Nice shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd recommend Aero Hobbies in Santa Monica (2918 Santa Monica Blvd., at Yale), and is a pretty nice store under the new ownership.

Also, check out this thread for lengthy discussion of LA-area stores:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/76856/page/1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The FLGS people are going to beat me for this, but seeing as your friend is presumably spending a limited time in LA and FLGS stock is limited (often very limited): Would it make more sense to do an online order, shipped to your friend while he's in LA? (To his hotel or business.) It saves your friend time; the games are pre-packed for shipment back to you....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
The FLGS people are going to beat me for this, but seeing as your friend is presumably spending a limited time in LA and FLGS stock is limited (often very limited): Would it make more sense to do an online order, shipped to your friend while he's in LA? (To his hotel or business.) It saves your friend time; the games are pre-packed for shipment back to you....

I think that's a great idea. There must be someplace you could ship your games and they'd be safe there. Hotels would probably be okay, but if he's visiting friends or a business while he's in town, that'd probably be better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davebo wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:

I think that's a great idea. There must be someplace you could ship your games and they'd be safe there. Hotels would probably be okay, but if he's visiting friends or a business while he's in town, that'd probably be better.

And I'd recommend www.ThoughtHammer.com as the internet retailer to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls