Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the no shipping math trade for visitors of the Internationale Spieltage SPIEL'14 (16.10.2014 - 19.10.2014) in Essen!

The trade list including all the rules can be found here:
Essen SPIEL 2014 no shipping math trade

There is a request list where you can add games that you would like to see offered in this trade:
Essen SPIEL 2014 no shipping math trade request list

If you don't want to keep up with this discussion thread, please subscribe to the announcement thread in order to not miss any important posts:
Essen SPIEL 2014 no shipping math trade announcement thread

Most important changes compared to last year's trade:

1. The item limit per user will be raised to 40 items which should be more than enough for most of you. The timeout issues we had in 2012 seem to be resolved and there were many trades with more than 2000 items in the last months so hopefully this will work out with what is effectively no item limit for most participants. If you really need to get rid of more than 40 games, you should consider other options :)

2. Money offers are back for the same reason as above. If you receive money in a trade (meaning you effectively sell your games), please give 3% commission to BGG as you would do for BGG marketplace sales.

3. Deleting obsolete items from the trade list before the item submission deadline is encouraged to keep the list free of clutter. Keep in mind that the consecutive numbering of the trade list and the OLWLG may deviate from each other until the next resync.
However, please do not delete any items from the trade list after the item submission deadline. Since there will be no more resyncs with OLWLG, the different numbering will cause confusion and annoyance if you delete items during the want list submission phase.

Now for the meeting in Essen. I think last year's location worked well. However, many seem to prefer to meet at another time so let's see how you feel about it for this year:

Poll
When would you prefer the daily math trade meeting to take place?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
10:00 - First thing in the morning
9.6% 15
12:00 - At noon as in the previous years
69.4% 109
18:00 - 1 hour before the show closes (i.e. 17:00 on Sunday)
12.1% 19
I don't care / I won't attend the general meeting
8.9% 14
Voters 157
This poll is now closed.   157 answers
Poll created by cuazzel
Closes: Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for 18:00, but would be fine with 12 as well. Wouldn't the possibility to vote for several options.

I'm so excited.

Edit: Would it be possible to include Wednesday in form of the Warmup Day as trade day as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
Edit: Would it be possible to include Wednesday in form of the Warmup Day as trade day as well?

I'd strongly support this option!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
flag msg tools
Is the trade going to be carried out at one specific day or on several ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually on EACH day.

I picked the "I don't care" option. However, that does not mean that I don't care - there just wasn't an option to choose both the late AND the midday meet. Also, I am a little flexible with my time, so I can even make other times work...

Oh, and Wednesday inclusion supported.
However, making it an OFFICIAL trading date makes no sense, as
a) most of the participants will not be in Essen or at the Warm-Up-Day
b) those who ARE at the Warm-Up-Day will sometimes have a hard time making a preset time, as they could be working at the fair or could be occupied otherwise (i.e. playing).
The Warm-Up-Day is not a fixed affair, timewise.

So, while I support including Wednesday (mainly because I am there also), it makes a lot more sense to trade stuff there individually (worked fine last year)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
flag msg tools
Dumon wrote:

a) most of the participants will not be in Essen or at the Warm-Up-Day

You mean they're going to be represented by someone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am solely talking about Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadi El Assadi
Germany
Trier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any idea on until when will the math trade last, or until will we be able to submit games? I'm only asking as I would like to time my auctions accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The meeting will be on each day at noon as it seems - I must have been talking to all of the 6 people who chose 10:00 or 18:00 so far ;)

As for Wednesday: What Dumon said. Since there is no overhead logistics involved on my part, of course everyone is welcome to meet at noon on Wednesday, too. I will include Wednesday in the Geeklist header example to indicate that Wednesday is an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mindtrickz wrote:
Any idea on until when will the math trade last, or until will we be able to submit games? I'm only asking as I would like to time my auctions accordingly.

Yes indeed:

- The trade list will be open to add and edit items until Sunday, 28.09.2014, 20:00 h CEST.

- The want lists have to be created and submitted via OLWLG until Monday, 06.10.2014, 20:00 h CEST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadi El Assadi
Germany
Trier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:

Yes indeed:

- The trade list will be open to add and edit items until Sunday, 28.09.2014, 20:00 h CEST.

- The want lists have to be created and submitted via OLWLG until Monday, 06.10.2014, 20:00 h CEST.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an General Auction List For Essen? I'd prefer to sell most of my games, since I just need the room at home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airsonist wrote:
Is there an General Auction List For Essen? I'd prefer to sell most of my games, since I just need the room at home

here you go:

The Essen 2014 no-shipping auction list. Post your own items for sale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'd strongly prefer 18:00 as meeting at 12:00 can for one to abandon a game just for trading.
Well actually I prefer to trade with users that are demoing games and I can just come to you at my own time preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go: The trade list is up!

Essen SPIEL 2014 no shipping math trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that some of you have items in this trade that are also up for auction / sale / trade in other places. This is okay but if your items sell / trade before the trade list closes on Sunday, 28.09.2014, please delete those items from the trade.

Please mind that all other users spend time with your items (by reading their descriptions, evaluating them, adding them to wishlists, etc.) so it's only fair not to bother others with items that are not available anymore.

I deleted some of the "withdrawn / sold / no longer available" items myself already - in case you are wondering where they went. Remember that deleting is okay and encouraged before the trade list closes on Sunday, 28.09.2014.

Also please keep in mind that there is a limit of 40 items per user. I will delete any surplus items without further notice. You can bundle up identical offers by using one item with the copies function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Retrho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hi there!
I haven't done this before, so excuse my ignorance.
I've added my games to the Geeklist for the Math Trade (764 through 773).
However... when I go to the OLWLG I don't see my games listed...Am I missing something?

So basically, my question is: did I do it right?

Also, what happens now?
I haven't found where/how to add what I would like in return...
Do we get a message what the algoritm turned out? or do we bring everything we offered, meet up and see what happens?!

I'm excited about trying this out, yet also worried that I might end up trading my brand new copy of Ikusa for a small card game...

Thanks all!
J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The next step follows after the list is closed next Sunday.
Then you go to the OLWLG. There you enter what you want AND submit this. Then on Oct 6th the list is closed and magic is applied (or some algorithm, whatever you prefer ) and there will be a link to the final trade which you check if there have errors occured (not errors you made). But as the OLWLG is not that easy to use as a first timer, I suggest to read a guide or watch rahdo's runthrough. That one helped me a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
the Maths Trade wiki is here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades

Rahdo runs through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8

hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Retrho wrote:
hi there!
I haven't done this before, so excuse my ignorance.
I've added my games to the Geeklist for the Math Trade (764 through 773).
However... when I go to the OLWLG I don't see my games listed...Am I missing something?

The new entries are uploaded to OLWLG once or twice a day (when the trade organizer pushes the button). So have some patience, they will probably be there tomorrow.

You can already add games to your wishlist (the little "ADD" button in the OLWLG list of games). So you can already select the games that your interested in. Later, when your games have been processed, you will be able to check the boxes which of your games you'd like to exchange for the games on your wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Retrho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, all!

In making my want list,can I suggest my game in several different offers, to increase my chance of getting a game?
I.e. If I like game A and game B, can I offer game C in both of them in the want list? (Does the tool recognize I just have one copy of game C to offer?)

This is exciting!
See y'all in Essenmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can offer one game for as many others as you like. The wizardry will make sure you only have to give it away once. As you already suggested the more options you give the wizards the more chance of success there is. Just keep in mind that you have to make sure you're happy about a trade before you place the checkbox in the tool. It is about good trades, not about getting as many trades as possible.

Even after participating in this math trade for several years, it is still exciting. It builds up to the point were you're sitting behind your computer anxiously awaiting the results of the wizardry. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Retrho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can see this being quite addictingsurprisewhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Merten
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has someone deleted some entries? Some days ago Cornish Smuggler had been entry 611. Now it is entry 601.

This person should be banned!!!devildevildevildevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.