Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Arcadian Del Sol
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just moved to Branson. Checked online and drove around a fewh hours and didn't find any FLGS spots, tho experience tells me they tend to be 'hidden gems' among the rubble.

Anyone familiar with the area, drop me a note please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best area FLGS is up in Springfield--MetaGames:

www.mguinc.com

Finding regular boardgamers is a little trickier in these parts, but I think MetaGames is having a big gaming extravaganza later in September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Matthew Gray's new site:

mkgray wrote:
For 6+ years, I've run a game store database at my site. It's user interface was ugly, clunky, but functional. For a long time, I've been meaning to update this to a more modern interface, with Google Maps, better geocoding support, and things like that. Well, it's finally done.

Please check out http://GameStoreDB.com/

Please add stores that are not included, update information about existing stores, pass on bug reports, comments, praise and criticism.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/124362

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arcadian Del Sol
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I followed the advice on using the database and guess which FLGS came up first?

Metagames.

I actually went there this afternoon after posting this thread and bought Through The Desert and Nuclear War (with 1 expansion). A lot of my days off will be spent there I'm sure.

Great store but they got to learn to answer the phones. I tried calling a few times to day and it rang completely off the hook. Couldn't find the location and couldn't get anyone on the phone to help. Eventually stumbled upon it just as I'd given up and was about to get back on the interstate and head home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmbmbmb
It used to be just Highway 76 years ago but they opened the area up and while traffic is still congested, it is much easier to get around these days.

Arcadian, I usually have a couple of Sunday game days at my home in Springfield during the winter months. The next time I do this, you are more than welcome to come up. Also, Metagames is going to have a boardgame demo weekend the weekend of the 23rd in order to promote boardgames to more people, they are going to kick out the rpg'ers and the warhammer crowd to make room for nothing but boardgames that weekend. I think they may still be needing people to run games, I was going to but I don't think I'll be able to commit to the whole weekend(maybe one or two evenings).

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arcadian Del Sol
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belated repy but my in-laws own a theater and show, and while they are amazing musicians, they really dont know much about running a restaurant. I've got experience, and they made a good offer - and now here I am running the restaurant for a Branson, MO dinner show.

Yes 'the strip' is painfully crowded but I've learned the local side streets. The funny thing is, every single home here has, at one time or another, some B-list celebrity living in it. My in-laws own the home formerly occupied by "Boxcar Willie" (you're probably too young to remember), and the home I'm moving into tomorrow (we settle tomorrow!) is (was) owned by Nashville recording artist Barbara Fairchild (again, you're too young to remember).

Last week I met Yakof Smirnoff.

wow. what a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if Boxcar Willie would have liked Ticket to Ride?zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls