Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Summary:

This is a basic game of Werewolf. There will be a day cycle and a night cycle. During the day cycle, players will vote for a player to be lynched. When the lynch time passes, the player with the most votes will be lynched. During the night cycle, the Werewolves will target someone to eat that night. Additionally, any players with special abilities will be able to use them during the night cycle.

There will be a minimum of 1 Werewolf and 1 Seer. If enough players sign up, then additional roles will be added. Once sign-ups are closed (see below), additional roles will not be determined until that time.

Plot, Theme, and Setting Summary:

An after school special is a type of American television program intended to be viewed by adolescents when they returned home from school, usually at about 4:00 PM. After school specials presented life and moral lessons, and were often taped and shown in high school classrooms. While some After School Specials were well regarded by educators, and some were either documentaries or "dramedies" with a humorous edge, the genre as a whole has a reputation for heavy handed moralizing - not unlike the classroom "scare" films of the 1950s.

The game will take place in VHS, Village High School circa 1980. There will be a few students who are Bad Influences (i.e. Werewolves). These players are the type of students who parents worry about... they bring drugs, violence, sex, and loud music to their good children that just want a good education. Each day, the Student Body (i.e. the Village) will expel one student (i.e. through voting and lynching). There will be a few students with special abilities that will assist the Student Body in finding the Bad Influences (e.g. The Seer).

The game ends when one of the following two situations occur:

1.) The number of Bad Influences remaining in the game is equal to the number of other players remaining. In this situation, the Bad Influences win.

2.) The Bad Influences are all expelled. The Student Body wins.

Rating:

Due to the overly moralistic and angst ridden nature of teenagers, this game is rated PG-13. Anyone under 13 must have permission to participate from his or her parent or legal guardian. Permission slips may be obtained from your Homeroom teacher or from the Principal’s Office.

Cassandra Page:
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1244...

Player List and updates as the game progresses:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Belash, Night 5 Kill
Beowulf, Night 6 Kill
greek2me, Night 7 Kill
Gregarius, Replaced Day 4
Ithicks, Day 3 Lynch
Javal, Night 3 Kill
JCWid, Night 4 Kill
Kimapesan, Day 7 Lynch
kuchick, Night 6 Kill
Lardarse
melissa, Night 6 Kill
mudhoney
PolkaDotSox, Day 1 Lynch
Praisechick, Night 1 Kill
RoyalFlush
Rukasu
Tarrant, Day 2 Lynch
Thommy8, Day 6 Lynch
Verti, Night 2 Kill
Waderam, Day 5 Lynch
Wildscrpio, Day 4 Lynch
Xandryyte

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Afterschool Special: Basic Game Starts October 23rd Sign-Ups
Roles of the Students:

Bad Influences (Werewolves): There will be 4 Bad Influences in the game. Each night, they will choose one Student to corrupt. That student will fall prey to their evil ways and drop out of school. The student chosen will no longer be able to participate in the game. The Bad Influences win when the total number of Bad Influences remaining equals the number of other players still in school. Bad Influences will have Private Messaging (PM) rights. They can send Geekmails to each other throughout the game. If all Bad Influences are signed up with Cassandra, a chat room will be created for them.

Students (Villagers): There will be 14 Students in the game. These are just your ordinary Students with no special abilities. During the day, their job is to find the Bad Influences and expel them. The Students win when all the bad influences have been expelled.

The Narc (Seer): One student will be a young looking police officer planted in the school to find students engaging in illegal activities. Each night, the Narc will choose a player to investigate. The Moderator will let the Narc know if the chosen player is a Bad Influence or is not a Bad Influence. When the game begins, the Narc will be given the name of one random student that is not a Bad Influence.

The Suicide Pact (Modified Lovers): On Night 0, the Suicidal Student will choose two players to enter into a suicide pact. These three people gain PM rights (via a Cassandra Chat Room). The victory condition for the players in the Suicide Pact is now modified. Instead of their normal victory condition (i.e. win as a Bad Influence (Wolf) or win as a Student (Village) ), the Suicide Pact wins by surviving until the end of the game. If any one of the Suicide Pact Members is lynched or killed, then the others commit suicide and is also removed from the game.

The Popular Kid (Modified Priest/White Hat): The Popular Kid is someone that knows everyone. As long as the Popular Kid is alive, roles will be revealed upon Lynch. The night kill will still be listed as a kill with no role reveal. The Popular Kid is also a White Hat, so that upon death it will revealed that the player was The Popular Kid and signal that no more roles will be revealed upon lynch. Because the Popular Kid is so Popular, each night the Bad Influences will choose one player and be told if that player is the Popular Kid.

Lynch Time = 6PM BGG Time.

Lynch Reveals: As long as the Popular Kid is alive, the role of the player lynched will be revealed. Should the Popular Kid die (via Suicide Pact, Lynching, or Night Kill), then no information will be given about that player.

Role Reveals: As most of the players are villagers, players are free to claim whatever role in this game as they like. No roles will be revealed after a lynch or a kill. All you will learn is who was lynched or killed.

Editing of Posts: You may edit a post you've made as long as it's within a few minutes of posting. It's assumed, that when you edit, you're fixing grammer and other typographical errors. The Cassandra vote tally system will be employed for this game, so editing a post with a vote in it will invalidate the post. You may not delete posts.

---
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System
Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what you will need to do:
Players
1. All votes must be bolded.
2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets: [vote jmilum]
3. Only one unvote and/or vote per post. You may have both an unvote and a vote in the same post, but the unvote must come before the vote.
4. You may [unvote all] instead of naming the current player you are voting.
5. If you [vote nightfall] your vote will be locked. (Voting nightfall is allowed in the same post as a vote for a player, but it must come after it to not violate Rule #3).
6. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread hourly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.
7. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and see if it was marked invalid and why.
8. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.
9. Quotes below the vote/unvote statement may cause the vote to be missed, especially if they contain bolded sections.
10. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)
Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins (after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again after [Dawn] is next posted.
2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system. Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees [Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e. [Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored).
3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Retrieve Final Lynch Time Vote' link.
4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post [dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]
Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1244...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1244...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Belash
Beowulf
greek2me
Gregarius
Ithicks
Javal
JCWid
kuchick
Lardarse
melissa
mudhoney
PolkaDotSox
Praisechick
RoyalFlush
Rukasu
Tarrant
Thommy8
Verti
Waderam
Wildscrpio
Xandryyte

21 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1244...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The game will take place in VHS

Good, I'd hate for this to be another Beta game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
Quote:

It totally fits the setting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arkibet wrote:
kimapesan wrote:
Quote:

No, it like, totally fits, like, ya know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Marshall
United States
Peachtree Corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's room, I'm in!

edit: Keep forgetting that Cassy hate's my apostrophes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
arkibet wrote:
kimapesan wrote:
Quote:

No, it like, totally fits, like, ya know?

Like Oh my God, there's kids out there that just totally don't get what people mean when you have to flip a tape! That was just rad to the max! Now it's like, sooo outdated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anticole
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I think I just signed up on Cassandra. I'm one game away from being a total noob (and that game was the X-Men Cure game... I got lynched on N2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anticole
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to set the theme... here is an abridged list of the Types of High School students from Matt Groening's "School is Hell" book.

Superboy
Supergirl
Superjock
Prom Queen
The Rich Kid
Cheerleader
King of Snobs
Queen of Snobs
Duke of Snobs
Duchess of Snobs
Dreamboat
Flirty
Brainiac
The Hippie
The Punk
The Psycho
The Dealer
The Narc
Goody-Goody
Knave of Snobs
Heavy Metal Dude
Giggles
Young Republican
Surfer
Big Oaf
Little Oaf
Pregnant Girl
Idealist
Joe Average
Jane Average
Boy Crazy
Girl Crazy
Snob Hater
Wall Flower
Poet
Foreign Exchange Student
The Intellectual
The Pest
The Joiner
Bad Girl
Wild One
Office Toady
Whatshername
Whatshisname

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just threw Cassandra out a window to sign up for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like, can I be Helen Hunt on, like meth and jump off a totally rad roof?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like, I just like, signed up for this here like totally rad, like game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:

Heh - that was one of the CBS After School Specials. Didn't you totally LAUGH when that happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Afterschool Special: Basic Game Starts October 23rd Sign
arkibet wrote:
greek2me wrote:

Heh - that was one of the CBS After School Specials. Didn't you totally LAUGH when that happened?

Umm, ex-squeeze me, but she went out a *window*, which is what *I* referenced a full *four* minutes before. Episode "Angel Dust." Man, you guys are such tooootal losers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In. I wonder how many games I can sign up for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an example of extremely poor judgment.

I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
This is an example of extremely poor judgment.

heh - it's always good to get back to basics. With 10 people so far, it's a 2 wolf, 1 seer, and 1 other special type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's Just Us
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 13 people, if anyone has suggestions for the extra roles they'd like to see... let me know. I want to keep it basic so I'm not going to add too many. But if there is an overwhelming response for a role, I'll include it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just signed up on Cassandra. Never played online Werewolf before but I've read an entire Forum thread, so I know what is required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anticole
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like my schedule in late October won't work out for this game. I'd hate to be missing votes or just skimming the thread at the last minute. I think it is a great idea and I'll follow the game from the sidelines when I get the chance.

Best regards and I hope the good guys win... but not TOO quickly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pugh
Japan
Unspecified
Tochigi Prefecture
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Afterschool Special: Basic Game Starts October 23rd Sign
Okay, I'll join in. I haven't played WW online before, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.