Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THERE ARE NEW RULES CHANGES TO HELP FACILITATE THE GAME AND ESP. HELP PLAYERS WHO HAVE NOT PLAYED A LOT. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN BOLD BEFORE SIGNING UP!

Introduction:

Welcome to the Fifth Sentinels of the Multiverse Challenge! This challenge will use just the base game of Sentinels and will pit your team of 3 heroes against the villains in Vengeance! Are you ready to take them on and defeat the peril that faces the Multiverse?

While this is primarily intended for solo play only, if you desire to play with more people that's fine but only 1 of you can post results and you ONLY get 3 heroes.

Also, everything is reset with each challenge. So all heroes are available for use with the first challenge!

Format:

The only available heroes, villains, and environments are the ones from the base game and Vengeance. No promotional hero cards may be used, nor any homemade heroes. Only the ones in the base game and Vengeance.

Each week will have 1 3-team hero team, 1 hero which is picked by the moderator (me), 1 hero which is picked randomly by a public die roll, and 1 hero that is picked by the player. Each hero may only be PICKED by the player once per monthly challenge. However, you CAN rotate around your team to get a score you like. Whomever you post as your SCORING hero will be eliminated from the challenge that month. If you use Ra, Legacy, and Tempest, but like your score with Legacy best, you CANNOT pick him for the remainder of that challenge. Random picks by BGG/hero picks by the moderator don't count for this once per season limit.

Thus, each week the challenge will look like this:

Villain: Picked by moderator
Environment: Picked by moderator
Heroes: 1 picked by moderator, 1 random, 1 picked by players. This may change to 2 random or 2 picked by players depending on what villain we are facing for the week.

Signing up:

Please post in here saying you are in by SUNDAY, October 26th.

I am extending the time for this challenge. It will now take 6 weeks instead of 4, that way people have a better chance to finish the challenge if life gets in the way and you miss a week. It will look like this:

Week 1: Starts Sun., October 19th and ends November 2nd

Week 2: Starts October 26th and ends November 9th

Week 3: Starts November 2nd and ends November 16th

Week 4: Starts October 19th and ends November 23rd

Extra week at the end from November 23rd-November 30th for ANYONE who misses a challenge. You just need to GM me that you cannot make a certain challenge during the 2 weeks and you can finish it during this week. If everyone has posted scores the extra week will be ignored, we'll declare winners, and go onto the next challenge. Please ask if you have any questions about this in the thread below!

Also, please join the 1 Player Guild if you'd like to play. It's just a nice thing to do.

Rules of Play:

All Sentinels rules apply with any errata/updated cards from GtG.

Scoring:

Scoring is as follows, with the goal of gaining the LOWEST score.

# of Rounds it took to win+ number of total wounds on the heroes (at the end of the game) +/- something different for each villain.

Also, the game IMMEDIATELY ends when the villain is defeated, even if a card would damage the heroes after defeated the villain. That damage is ignored.

When your hero hits 0 HP you stop keeping track of their damage. So if you have a 30 HP hero and 1 HP left and he takes 5 damage, your wound total from that hero is still 30, NOT 34.

Also, you can score a loss as well. Just state that it IS a loss and I'll put an L at the end of the score. If there's a tie at the end of the challenge, an L is treated as lower than a defeat. If both people have the same amount of losses, the rules for tie breaking take place.

NEW LOSS RULES:

If you lose make sure you post that your game was a LOSS. We are playing with new loss rules- if your score is LOWER than the highest WINNING score (so if I get a 75L and someone gets a 100W) we are taking the highest winning score and ADDING 1 to that score and THAT IS YOUR NEW TOTAL! Just remember that! In the rare event that NO ONE wins a game scores will remain unadjusted.

A new round starts at the START Of each villain turn BEFORE anything occurs (before card draw or anything). Incapacitated heroes add their entire HP totals to your final score. Scoring will only occur at the END OF THE GAME for # of rounds+wounds on heroes but the third option is variable and can happen when certain things occur.

Your TOTAL score against all 4 villains will be added up to determine what you final score is, which will be used for the rankings. You can play as many games as you like but only the lowest score will be used for scoring.

Scoring should be posted as follows:

Heroes played with

Rounds+Wounds on heroes (no need to differentiate, just do the total)+whatever other score modifier we have=total

Scoring happens if you lose as well, but a loss score is not rated as highly as a win score. So if you get 60 but lose and I get 60 and win and we're tied for 3rd place I'd win 3rd place because I actually won the fight. Though, honestly, if you lose the game you're probably going to have a really high score anyways.

GG Prizes:

I will donate what I can from GG (I do not have a lot) for prizes. Any GG donated to this thread will also be included as part of the total prize.

also, an update on prizes:

Prizes will NOW work like this:

The first place person has a choice:

Either the GG or any of the sets of cards:

Villains from Dark Watch
Mr Fixer/Ex Pat
Setback/Nightmist

Then 2nd place gets to pick from what's left, then 3rd, and then a random person.

If you GET A PRIZE THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE (like the Dark Watch promo packs) please let me know- I will keep 30 GG out from the prizes just in case someone in 1-3 already has the dark watch and wants something different, if no one wants it, I'll give it to the 1st place person/whomever took the GG if it wasn't him.

Hope that makes sense- So we still have prizes for 1-3 and for a random person.

Awesome!

Also, I will randomly determine a non-top-three ranked player to get as well to make things fun.

If there is a tie, then whomever wins in the least amount of rounds, followed by wounds on their hero, will win. If there is still a tie, I will make a public die roll to determine who the winner is.

Obviously, this Challenge is based upon good sportsmanship and honesty since we are all playing solo, but I’m sure there won’t be any issues.

Challenge-Specific Notes:

For this challenge each hero from the base game will be assigned 1 number from a d15 which will be rolled to determine what the random hero is.

Legacy- 1
Ra- 2
Tachyon- 3
Wraith- 4
Haka- 5
Absolute Zero- 6
Bunker- 7
Tempest- 8
The Visionary- 9
Fanatic- 10
Knyfe- 11
Naturalist- 12
Sentinels- 13
Parse- 14
Setback- 15

I will post a thread with all the challenges down below. Please feel free to GM with any questions OR suggestions on what I can do better. Finally, though I will play I will NOT count myself as one of the contenders for purposes of ranking. Pointless to give myself GG.

Thank you and have a GREAT TIME! AGAIN!

I am also not responsible for any issues, problems, or concerns with you and your spouse, your work place, significant other, children, pets, or anything of that nature! whistle

FINALLY, we are going to post a strategy geeklist run by myself and N/A. Feel free to look at our suggestions, post your own, and ask any questions about heroes/good choices etc there. The link is here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/176661/sentinels-monthly-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the different challenges:

There will be an important announcement here next week.

Though I will say I fudged the numbers a bit- there are too many new heroes to pick from for them to all have a chance to get played so 2 of the challenges don't have a random hero. Whoops! whistle

YOU MAY NOT PICK LEGACY, WRAITH, TACHYON, ABSOLUTE ZERO, OR BUNKER FOR ANY CHALLENGE. THEY ARE TOO BUSY WITH THE WEEK 4 FIGHT TO BOTHER WITH THE OTHER 3 FIGHTS!

Week 1:

Baron Blade, Redux

Villain: Baron Blade FROM THE BASE GAME

Environment: Wagner Mars Base

Heroes: Setback, The Naturalist, 1 of your choice

Scoring:

Rounds+wounds+ 1 for each damage that Vengeful Mad Scientist deals in any way (any card that says Baron Blade deals damage in any way, shape, or form)

Week 2:

Vote Early, Vote Often

Villain: Citizen Dawn

Environment: Ruins of Atlantis

Heroes: Parse and the Sentinels. You get to pick the 3rd hero. Remember, no one from the Freedom Five.

Scoring:

Rounds+Wounds+ amount of damage done by the kraken to any target!

Week 3:

Knock Knock! The Pain Train is coming!

WEEK 3 CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villain: Warlord Voss

Environment: Freedom Tower

Heroes:
Knyfe+ 2 of whomever you want! Being generous this week.

Scoring: rounds+wounds+ 1 for each minion forced deployment pulls from anywhere

Week 4:

Vengeance is MINE!

All 5 vengeful 5 villains (BB, FT, Ermine, Friction, and Proletariat) vs. the Freedom Five: Legacy, Bunker, Wraith, Tachyon, and AZ

Environment: Mobile Defense Platform

Scoring:

Rounds x 10+ wounds

Also, the turn order has to go like this:

Villain, Nemesis of Villain, Villain, Nemesis of Villain, etc.

It doesn't matter what villain goes first, just that their nemesis follows them.

So it would could look like this:

Ermine
Wraith
BB
Legacy
Friction
Tachyon
Proletariat
AZ
Fright Train
Bunker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st Place is:

Corey Downum
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

WITH A GRAND TOTAL OF 272

2nd Place is:

Adam Thoume
United Kingdom
Abbots Langley
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

with a GRAND TOTAL of 354

3rd Place is:

Louise Wannabe
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

with a score of 373!!!!!

and our random winner is:

1d6 = (2) = 2

Marc Maier
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Scores:

Mil05006: 63+50+66+252= 431

Spiritof70: 120+124+70+202=521

Qwirk: 35+122+67+149= 373

permagoof: 54+78+57+198=387

Howse: 49+62+63+98= 272

Jedi Reject: 22+125+43+164= 354

atony77: 79+89+96+262L= 526

ironhide1: 47+52+102L+190= 391

vikinggeek: 110+122L+85+192L= 509

grysqrl: 64+145+80+124= 413

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 633716. mil05006
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • Thu Dec 4, 2014 5:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 633718. mil05006
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • Thu Dec 4, 2014 5:52 pm
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dietrich
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly new to the game but would like to join in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewie wrote:
I'm fairly new to the game but would like to join in.

Welcome! Always happy for some new blood!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll help defend the unimultiverse!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Wannabe
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! And slightly scary. But, I'm definitely in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to Challenge subscription thread.
Item for Geeklist "2014 SGoyT Challenges SUBSCRIPTION"

Good luck to all playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Maier
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, although I may need all six weeks this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Downum
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 for 5 baby! I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Downum
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik,

In the intro it should say fifth challenge. Also under Format it says the only available stuff is from the base game and Infernal Relics.

Just a little bookkeeping. Keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howse wrote:
Erik,

In the intro it should say fifth challenge. Also under Format it says the only available stuff is from the base game and Infernal Relics.

Just a little bookkeeping. Keep up the good work!

thanks! I always miss something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo hoo! Count me in again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kinner
United States
Holland
Ohio
flag msg tools
History Teacher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thoume
United Kingdom
Abbots Langley
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mil05006 wrote:

Shouldn't the start date be November 9th? Also, as you've already gathered I am indeed in again for this one :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedi Reject wrote:
mil05006 wrote:

Shouldn't the start date be November 9th? Also, as you've already gathered I am indeed in again for this one :-)

This is going to be a 5 on 5 fight (all the villains in the set vs. the heroes) so I'm going to post it right out of the gate. It takes longer to play so that way you can fit it in when you have time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in too!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johanson
United States
Bridgeport
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up, my box arrives tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mil05006 wrote:

Week 3:

I don't have any insider knowledge on what this week will be. But Fright Train will now forever be voiced by Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironhide1 wrote:
mil05006 wrote:

Week 3:

I don't have any insider knowledge on what this week will be. But Fright Train will now forever be voiced by Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.

Woowoo! Woowoo!

He's always been voiced by Terry Tate in my head..... He just looks like it.

I also think that's a quote from one of... Setback's cards? I want to say? or something along those lines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the week 1 challenge! I'll update the strategy guide later.

Baron Blade, Redux

Villain: Baron Blade

Environment: Wagner Mars Base

Heroes: Setback, The Naturalist, 1 of your choice

Scoring:

Rounds+wounds+ 1 for each damage that Vengeful Mad Scientist deals in any way (any card that says Baron Blade deals damage in any way, shape, or form)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

YOU MAY NOT PICK LEGACY, WRAITH, TACHYON, ABSOLUTE ZERO, OR BUNKER FOR ANY CHALLENGE. THEY ARE TOO BUSY WITH THE WEEK 4 FIGHT TO BOTHER WITH THE OTHER 3 FIGHTS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Week 4:

Vengeance is MINE!

All 5 vengeful 5 villains (BB, FT, Ermine, Friction, and Proletariat) vs. the Freedom Five: Legacy, Bunker, Wraith, Tachyon, and AZ

Environment: Mobile Defense Platform

Scoring:

Rounds x 10+ wounds

ALSO READ THE OTHER ADDITIONAL RULE AT THE WEEK 4 UP TOP!!!

I went for x10 on rounds because there is just too much to keep track of. No one on the heroes can heal that much each round so you'll still be gaining points while the game progresses so you can't just hunker down with 1 villain left to heal all your wounds so you get a low score. I'll update the strategy guide later. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.