Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
biierhausser wrote:
I bought storm over dien bien phu, but there is no place to send a credit card number or to purchase the item that I requested? how come or where is the location to buy this item from the seller?
jim sullivan
dmresults2@gmail.com

When the seller confirms the order they will provide payment instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
When selling an item, the option to deliver for pick up to the following event doesn't show allow many events.

Repro steps.

1. Create a new listing or Edit item on marketplace
2. Under Ship to Location, select "Will deliver for pick up to the follow event (BETA):"
3. Under Event, type in a local event, in my case "Gamex 2017"
4. Click Submit
5. Notice that there will be an error: "You must choose an event or a different ship location."

It seems like you need to be more lax about the event field restrictions. There is no way for you to be up to date on every local event in which you could sell games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
I know this has already been brought up but I have found no solutions on the thread so I will ask again. When I try to add images to my own game listing I can choose the files to upload but it doesn't upload them. Even after I select an image it still says "Choose an image to upload from your computer." I use the newest version of Chrome on Windows 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Gauss
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A sale of mine was cancelled through expiration - more or less voluntarily: I (seller) was waiting for an answer on an e-mail which I sent to the buyer (who's account was created on that very day, so it was a bit of doublechecking from my side). The answer never came, the sale expired. Now it is still not cancelled, meaning I can't sell my game to anybody else....

Could somebodey please have a look:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/sale/details/537270

and explain, if I did something wrong or it's just a fixable bug?

Thanks and cheers!

Stefan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you abort a sale yourself, then it will ask you (IIRC) if you wish to return the item to your Market inventory. If you just let it time out, then I think it doesn't do that, maybe so that inactive sellers are not clogging up the Geekmarket indefinitely but are phasing out of the Marketplace after a while. I guess that's a sound reasoning.

What you can do is just try to list the game again. Then the Geekmarket should ask you if you want to reuse an old listing of yours again. That way, you won't have too much trouble with re-listing this, it's pre-filled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Gauss
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
If you abort a sale yourself, then it will ask you (IIRC) if you wish to return the item to your Market inventory. If you just let it time out, then I think it doesn't do that, maybe so that inactive sellers are not clogging up the Geekmarket indefinitely but are phasing out of the Marketplace after a while. I guess that's a sound reasoning.

What you can do is just try to list the game again. Then the Geekmarket should ask you if you want to reuse an old listing of yours again. That way, you won't have too much trouble with re-listing this, it's pre-filled.

Thanks for the hints. I listed it again and it worked.
Cheers!
Stefan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I view the Geek Market on an iPad in portrait mode (taller but narrower) then the menu isn't hidden; it's visible but with no background and is overlaid on the main page content. The content is mixed together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Marketplace seems to have stopped working completely on Firefox since 54.0 came out. All Links - Dashboard, Sales etc. just blank pages. This is on 2 separate PCs, which worked fine with BGG marketplace until latest FF update.

All the old(er) BGG stuff - mail, forums, games work fine with FF, but as soon as I try to follow a link to a game for sale in Marketplace - Nada.

IE 11 works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
To see with eyes...
badge
... unclouded by hate
mbmbmbmbmb
watts111 wrote:
I know this has already been brought up but I have found no solutions on the thread so I will ask again. When I try to add images to my own game listing I can choose the files to upload but it doesn't upload them. Even after I select an image it still says "Choose an image to upload from your computer." I use the newest version of Chrome on Windows 7.

I came to this thread looking for answers for the same issue. I'm running Chrome version 59.0.3071.115 and I wasn't able to upload images on my own Geekmarket items. Although I did not find answers here, it got me searching and I found a way to solve it (for me anyway).

The problem seems to be with Flash. My settings were set to ask first before allowing sites to run Flash. I changed it so that it runs Flash without asking and now I can upload images like before. I don't know if there is a security issue with letting Flash run all the time, but if there is, it can just be changed back after the image is uploaded.

You can access theses settings directly by typing this in the address bar :

chrome://settings/content/flash

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob James
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
saab dastard wrote:
New Marketplace seems to have stopped working completely on Firefox since 54.0 came out. All Links - Dashboard, Sales etc. just blank pages. This is on 2 separate PCs, which worked fine with BGG marketplace until latest FF update.

All the old(er) BGG stuff - mail, forums, games work fine with FF, but as soon as I try to follow a link to a game for sale in Marketplace - Nada.

IE 11 works fine.

For Chrome, this worked for me:

Enabling Flash for Chrome
Scroll down on the Settings Page and Click "Show advanced settings" at the bottom.
Under Privacy, click on "Content Settings..."
Scroll down to Flash and check either "Allow sites to run Flash" or "Ask first before alllowing sites to run Flash (Recommended)".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
Probably an issue with our flash uploader (as has been stated). I'll look into replacing it ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitonofrio del Rosso
Italy
flag msg tools
Is this known?
Seeing the market page with my iPad Air 2 and safari..
Well the CSS is all messed up, the left menu overlaps the listing, so if I try to click on something I end up clicking the menu instead..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
I just changed the image uploader to use HTML5. Let me know if there are any problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmb
witchedwiz wrote:
Is this known?
Seeing the market page with my iPad Air 2 and safari..
Well the CSS is all messed up, the left menu overlaps the listing, so if I try to click on something I end up clicking the menu instead..

Can you upload a screenshot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny
United Kingdom
Guildford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,
When you are not logged on, the system in bgg market are allowing you to write message to a selected seller and after you click send, it says "message sent". In reality there is no message sent, but that it's misleading to the user. It should give some kind of error, for example "If you want to send a message, you have to log in".
Is this known?
Regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Butler
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's going on here?:
I filled out a page to sell an item, including the name of the game and the price I was asking, but when I pressed "Submit," a message appeared saying that I needed to list the game and an asking price greater than $1.00. I tried to list another game and the name of the game was there but the same message appeared that I needed to enter an asking price greater than $1.00.

Why doesn't the amount I list get accepted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
gamerbut wrote:
What's going on here?:
I filled out a page to sell an item, including the name of the game and the price I was asking, but when I pressed "Submit," a message appeared saying that I needed to list the game and an asking price greater than $1.00. I tried to list another game and the name of the game was there but the same message appeared that I needed to enter an asking price greater than $1.00.

Why doesn't the amount I list get accepted?

Works fine when I try it. Can you post a screenshot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Shafer
United States
Midwest City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought a game here. The buyer sent me an email saying he sent payment information so I could pay for the game. I never got an email from him at my gmail account. Now what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dman1255 wrote:
I recently bought a game here. The buyer sent me an email saying he sent payment information so I could pay for the game. I never got an email from him at my gmail account. Now what?

Probably best to contact
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:
dman1255 wrote:

Probably best to contact
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb

Escalation much?
Just ask him to geekmail you the info first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Week 2017 TOKYO bullet KYOTO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
I just changed the image uploader to use HTML5. Let me know if there are any problems.

I cannot find any way to upload an image to an item. Is the uploader button in the Edit view on a sales item? Or is it in the side menu, or the inventory Manage view?

I'm on Chromium. Version 56.0.2924.84 Built on Ubuntu 14.04, running on Raspbian 8.0

I've amended the Content Settings to allow BGG to run Flash any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daggertx wrote:

For Chrome, this worked for me:

Enabling Flash for Chrome
Scroll down on the Settings Page and Click "Show advanced settings" at the bottom.
Under Privacy, click on "Content Settings..."
Scroll down to Flash and check either "Allow sites to run Flash" or "Ask first before alllowing sites to run Flash (Recommended)".

You can go further and add BGG to a whitelist of exceptions. So you can select Ask, but then except BGG from this as an exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Aldie wrote:

I cannot find any way to upload an image to an item. Is the uploader button in the Edit view on a sales item? Or is it in the side menu, or the inventory Manage view?

I'm on Chromium. Version 56.0.2924.84 Built on Ubuntu 14.04, running on Raspbian 8.0

I've amended the Content Settings to allow BGG to run Flash any time.

The Image uploader button appears when I add a new item. It does not appear when I edit an item. So I cannot add images to an existing sales item.

Finally, I have worked it out. The image upload button only appears, AFTER you have submitted an item, and only on an ACTIVE item. If the item is hidden, no button appears.

Worse still, the image upload button appears inside the image module, but you cannot see the image module on the edit screen unless you happen to scroll down. There's no hint or clue it is even there.

Worse still, the uploader only let's you pick one item at a time to upload. if you have severla images to upload, you need to keep going back and forth. And then the uploader gives you no idea of how long uploading is taking. And it changes the order of the images as they are uploaded.

So the process to add an immage is this:
1. submit the item.
2. go to the item in your inventory.
3. do not click on edit.
4. make sure it is active, not hidden.
5. scroll down until you can finally see the upload button.
6. click this and navigate to your chosen image.
7. send and then sit and wait for it to appear at some point.
8. go back to step 6 again and again until you have done them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to buy an item.

it says that ships to entire world. however I place My City (or my parets city) in the address, but the system stats that the "value is invalid" as you can see in the picture.

how can I fix this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin' Developin'
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
I see why the bug with addresses in Brazil has come up. I'll try to get it fixed as soon as possible, but it could be a couple days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.