Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] newyork [+] buffalo [+] [View All]
Chris D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of you fellow gamers know of any good board game store in the Buffalo, NY area? I've just moved here and am looking for a good store. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no good board game stores in Buffalo.

Buy your games online.

Then, go out and meet the greatest bunch of gamers you'll ever have the pleasure to game with...

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group
http://boardgames.meetup.com/85/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your endorsement John, though the group still feels like it's missing something since you left soblue

There is a store in Lancaster, which I think is halfway decent, but it's a bit outside Buffalo. I've never been there and I can't remember the name, which makes this a rather useless reply, however what I wanted to say was that if you are looking for a group to game with, between the lot of us we own a few hundred games, so you can always come play with us and save some money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys. I checked out the store in Lancaster, its called Jester's Cap. Its got a small aisle of boardgames, but nothing all that jawdropping. It's pretty good for Magic and Warhammer if that's your thing. If i can get out early enough from work I'll try and check out the game group in the coming weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped i a small hobby shop on Sheridan Drive just north of Niagara Falls Blvd. They still had some OOP Avonhill games on the shelf.

The store in Williamsville on Main Street was the best one, but the people in there had never heard of Lost Cities or Battle Line, both of which we were looking to pick up for my Dad.

Best of luck

JP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whats the name of the one in Williamsville? Can't seem to find it online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's the one that I think it is, it's a hobby shop that specializes in trains and such.... I stopped in about six months ago and their board game selection consists of AH Axis & Allies plus a few scant Euros coupled with some outdated RPGs. No old wargames in sight and nothing much spectacular. I can't remember the name of the store, but it's on the North side of Sheridan Dr., just east of the Blvd.

I'm sorry if I sound cynical at all, but I'm a scavenger and I've been all around Buffalo looking for good, cheap games, from the smallest thrift store to the Jester's Cap in Depew (which was less than a mile from where I lived- It's an okay store, but it mostly caters to juvenile M:TG players). The Buffalo area is a big disappointment as far as buying games is concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you don't sound cynical at all. I'm new to the area, so I'm still in exploration mode, just trying to getta feel of what's out there. I'm pretty new to board gaming as well, so I didn't think that Jester's Cap selection was half bad. ALTHOUGH, it was nothing compared to How You Play The Game in 'Cuse, that store is bitchin'! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Flash
United States
New York
flag msg tools
There is a great store just outside of Buffalo in Rochester (about an hour away). I know it's a bit of a hike, but this place really has a fabulous selection of games (10% of all board games on Wednesdays). They also let you demo just about any game before you buy.

http://www.millenniumgames.com/index.php

Every Wednesday night at Millenium is Board Game Night, 6pm...see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls