Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in Fairfax (Fair Ridge Drive), VA on 9/7 and am looking for a place to play. Are there any stores in this area that play in-store games on Thursday nights? Or gaming groups?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Guttag
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know about gaming groups that meet on Thursday night, but you will be incredibly close to a very nice game store with gaming tables:

The Game Parlor is about 5 minutes up the road from where you will be:

http://www.gameparlor.com/

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Parlor has a gaming group meeting there every tuesday. For gaming elsewhere in the area, check out GCOM's web site.

www.gamesclubofmd.org

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Heaton
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Game Parlor has open gaming every night, and they are open till 10, I think. They are open till ten on Friday; I go there every week. They also have an excellent selection of board games, miniatures and rules to play them, role-playing games and a huge selection of collectable games. They also carry dice and other gaming accessories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others. Everything considered, The Game Parlor is the best game store I've ever been in. The staff is great, the selection is very good, they have a customer loyalty rewards program, and a fair amount of free table space for card, board and miniature gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I missed that you will only be there on that day.

Game Parlor is probably going to be your best bet. Even if there isn't an organized event, you probably could find a pickup game of something, since they have tables.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused -- 9/10 is a Sunday, but you're asking about Thursday night gaming. cool

When exactly are you coming to Fairfax??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooops. Meant Thursday. 9/7. My apologies for the confusion.

caesarmom wrote:
I'm confused -- 9/10 is a Sunday, but you're asking about Thursday night gaming. cool

When exactly are you coming to Fairfax??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you have a car?

EDIT: Oops, never mind -- something else just popped up for tomorrow night. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely try the GameParlor. Even on nights they don't have organized gaming there are usually folks in there playing games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I will have a car.

caesarmom wrote:
Will you have a car?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I will see you guys tomorrow night then at the Game Parlor. Will try to find my BGG button and wear it.

captkayoss wrote:
Definitely try the GameParlor. Even on nights they don't have organized gaming there are usually folks in there playing games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Game Parlor was a nice store. Very nice.
Unfortunately, no board gamers between 7:00 - 8:00 on Thursday (although there were 4 tables of minituares, 5 tables of cards and even an RPG group in the back room--so it was definitely busy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls