Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Greenville [+] flgs [+] [View All]
Chris Williams
United States
Taylors
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Hey everyone, just a quick message to announce the Grand Opening of Reality Check Games (and Coffee) in Greenville, SC.

We have games (minis, CCGs, boardgames, RPGs, etc...), gourmet coffee (and tea), sodas, food, free wireless internet and plenty of room to play. We also host a monthly anime meetup and offer anime rentals.

We're located at 2100 Poinsett Hwy, Suite L in Greenville SC. If you're ever in town, be sure to check us out.

If you aren't in town, feel free to check out the website instead: http://www.realitycheckgames.com

Thanks,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yay!!

Only issue I'm having is that I can't get your site to come up.

Works fine now. For some reason DNS wasn't liking it. Nice site! Can't wait to visit!

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I still lived in Gvegas, I'd be all up on yall. I miss it. Hope things work out for you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hensley
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped into the store just for a few minutes with my wife in tow. We liked what we saw. A very nice gentleman explained the store to us and listed off what was offered. The place is clean and has a ton of potential. One of the customers there was sort of loud and abrasive to his gaming partner, but I think they were playing a CCG.

Can't wait to make it back there for the Thursday night game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Compton
United States
Boiling Springs
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy,

If the guy was bald that was being abrasive, I know exactly who it was. LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hensley
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, this guy had hair.

I've been back since then, but I haven't seen him again. Though, the last time I was there, we had some guy take over the game of Betrayal at House on the Hill we were playing. It was our first time playing, and he completely ruined the theme for us. The store is nice, and the staff is great. I'll just have to watch out who I play with next time. Anyone showing up this Thursday? I'm planning to be there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Taylors
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
RoamDog wrote:
Been too long since I was back. How close are you to Furman? Address sounds like it should be close, but again I cannot remember. Might want to stop in at Homecoming if you are right down the street.

Sorry I missed this. We're about 2 miles from Furman, straight down Poinsett.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Taylors
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Lord_Slappy wrote:
the last time I was there, we had some guy take over the game of Betrayal at House on the Hill we were playing. It was our first time playing, and he completely ruined the theme for us.

The person(s) responsible for ruining the fun have been sacked.

Sorry you had an unpleasant experience that night. I wish I had seen this before now (my own fault for not checking more often.) The individual you speak of is actually a pretty nice guy who was going through an extremely rough period. He's currently hospitalized and getting lots of rest.

Also, the obnoxious CCG player you mention has moved to Charleston.

Lord_Slappy wrote:
The store is nice, and the staff is great.

Thanks, we try. Good customers are really what make a great place to hang out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That is serious customer service. Banning obnoxious players from the store is appreciated by the well-behaved. But banishing obnoxious players across the state to another town is a level of customer service that one does not often find.

RealityCheckGames wrote:
Lord_Slappy wrote:
the last time I was there, we had some guy take over the game of Betrayal at House on the Hill we were playing. It was our first time playing, and he completely ruined the theme for us.

The person(s) responsible for ruining the fun have been sacked.

Sorry you had an unpleasant experience that night. I wish I had seen this before now (my own fault for not checking more often.) The individual you speak of is actually a pretty nice guy who was going through an extremely rough period. He's currently hospitalized and getting lots of rest.

Also, the obnoxious CCG player you mention has moved to Charleston.

Lord_Slappy wrote:
The store is nice, and the staff is great.

Thanks, we try. Good customers are really what make a great place to hang out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hensley
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
Wow. That is serious customer service. Banning obnoxious players from the store is appreciated by the well-behaved. But banishing obnoxious players across the state to another town is a level of customer service that one does not often find.

True. Chris is an awesome host and a great owner. Makes me feel quite at home. Though, I do my best not to sleep there or make a mess like my real home. cool

I was out there about a week ago to demo Battlelore. If anyone else would like a go at it, please feel free to let me know, and we'll schedule something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This store no longer exists. RIP January 2008.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened? Somebody provide some details. Please.
Valien wrote:
This store no longer exists. RIP January 2008.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls