Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
TX
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Microbadge: GameNight! fanMicrobadge: Detective: A Modern Crime Board Game fanMicrobadge: All the Meeples of the Rainbow blog
BoardGameGeek and Tanga are having a game-a-day giveaway contest. we're giving away 1 boardgame each day for 30 days until the launch of the site on October 15th.

All you need to do is solve the daily puzzle over at www.tanga.com to be eligible for that day's prize... Make sure to check the new puzzle each day.

The answer to each puzzle is one word.

Many of the puzzles are insidious, so keep at it if at first you don't succeed. The puzzles are provided by a well known game designer... any ideas who?

Please use the spoiler tag if you post anything spoilerish that would spoil it for others... I.e. please don't spoil the answers!

Good luck, and game on!

www.tanga.com

Update: 2 of the 30 prizes will be Roads & Boats (new edition), and Settlers of Catan 10th Anniversary 3-D Special Edition Chest Set

BoardGameGeek is a partner with Tanga

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Arch Linux userMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Oakland Raiders fanMicrobadge: You are Not Special.Microbadge: Star Control 2 fan
do we need to post correct answers here, or just leave them on tanga ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
TX
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Microbadge: GameNight! fanMicrobadge: Detective: A Modern Crime Board Game fanMicrobadge: All the Meeples of the Rainbow blog
jeremycobert wrote:
do we need to post correct answers here, or just leave them on tanga ?
Just leave em on Tanga.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nairb Attobas
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Linux userMicrobadge: Obey the hypnotic powers of my beanie propeller.Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Pirate
I was wondering what this was all about. First puzzle is pretty easy. Curious to see how difficult they get. Hooray for contests!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I got the first puzzle---fairly straightforward---but I'm not sure how the last clue fits in with the solution. Another puzzle to solve!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
Microbadge: A trained monkey could do my jobMicrobadge:  Microbadge: Warehouse 13: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Microbadge: Conquest Gaming "Warehouse 13: The Board Game" Contest participant
Cool. I love these types of puzzles.

I have 1 Tanga... go me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garrett
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Purity of Essence.
Microbadge: School TeacherMicrobadge: Big Lebowski fanMicrobadge: Book readerMicrobadge: Pokémon GO - Team ValorMicrobadge: Oxford comma—the last vestige of civilized society
what is the tanga website going to be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Microbadge: Tree HuggerMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: KGS user
Puzzle 1 was easy...but it was weird, why doesn't Tanga say that games are being given away?

And what game is it? That's important. If it's scene it, then I'd rather play under a fake name to make sure I don't win it. But if it's, oh, let's say Roads & Boats, then heck I'll make sure I'm there every day no matter what!

Edit: They do say they're giving away a game a day there, but not whether it's a board game or a video game or what. Hmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quote:
only available to residents of the U.S.
thumbsdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Charles DarwinMicrobadge: Rabbit ownerMicrobadge: Cocktail fanMicrobadge: Geocaching fan
http://www.bikiniscience.com/costumes/culotte_SS/tanga_S/tan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: AccountantMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Step-parentMicrobadge: Plays Games with Children
MWChapel wrote:
What game are they giving away?
I thought it was obvious:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/16332

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
Microbadge: I was a patron before patrons were acknowledgedMicrobadge: CURMUDGEON!Microbadge: LudditeMicrobadge: Non smokerMicrobadge: Geocaching fan
Yeah, it sure would be nice to know what they are. If it's video game or CCG or RPG stuff, I sure don't care to waste my time.

But since it's cosponsored by BGG, I will assume they're legit (which is important, since I give them a user name and password and register, y'know).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Treefrog Line fanMicrobadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Cycling fanMicrobadge: Hyperborea fan
Hmmm. Prizes for US residents only. I guess I can give my brain a rest, as I'm not in it for just the fame and adoration

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Tasty Minstrel Games fanMicrobadge: Eminent Domain fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Terra Prime fanMicrobadge: Tasty Minstrel Games fan
Um, I gues they're updating all the time. I saw "board game" in their little shpiel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Rutgers UniversityMicrobadge: Crokinole fanMicrobadge: Caffeine loverMicrobadge: Apple fanMicrobadge: Disc Golf fan
I got 1 tanga....that was easy....even for a native German like me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Wahl
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
Microbadge: AngularJS — Superheroic JavaScript MVW Framework fanMicrobadge: Git userMicrobadge: Reddit fanMicrobadge: League of Legends fanMicrobadge: Loves to cook
Add one tanga to the tanga jar for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
Microbadge: Unix programmerMicrobadge: Grateful Dead fanMicrobadge: Tolkien fanMicrobadge: RainbowMicrobadge: Old Time Radio fan
Aldie wrote:
The puzzles are provided by a well known game designer... any ideas who?
My guess would be:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Aaron Weissblum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Microbadge: LEGO fanMicrobadge: Lego Marvel Super Heroes fanMicrobadge: LEGO fan - Classic SpaceMicrobadge: Everything is AWESOME!!!Microbadge: Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
My brain must not be wired right. I haven't a clue what the answer is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
Microbadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: LGBTQ allyMicrobadge: TurtleCON Attendee
Quote:
Same here. I've never been good at crossword puzzles and such. The clues themselves don't even make sense to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
Microbadge: Richard Hamblen fanMicrobadge: Ambush! fanMicrobadge: I like thunderstormsMicrobadge: Infocom fanMicrobadge: Francis Tresham fan
spearjr wrote:
It is probably less complicated than you are making it. Remember that you are looking for a single word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I'm screwed!Microbadge: Registered Trademark
Surely not:

http://www.promoworld.co.nz/corporate_gifts/tanga.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Liverpool fanMicrobadge: PastafarianMicrobadge: Venture Bros. fanMicrobadge: Ultimate Frisbee fanMicrobadge: Ultimate Frisbee fan
Doing some googling and sifting through the scores of underwear results yielded the following from Jeremy Young of Uberplay:

> My background has been in technology and gaming. I started a Web Hosting
> company called VServers.com back in 1996 and sold it to Micron Electronics
> in 2000. I was also involved in starting SuperStats.com (now Omniture.com).
> I am currently involved in two board game businesses (Uberplay.com and
> SimplyFun.com) and am starting a brand new company called Tanga.com which
> will be run out of St. George and is programmed entirely using Ruby on
> Rails. It is a e-commerce company with a really cool twist.
>

So I can guess what types of games will be given away. What is done with your registration information I can't say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
Microbadge: I love BerlinMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Rules TranslatorMicrobadge: Best Pimped Boardgame of the Month winnerMicrobadge: Playing until death!
oskari wrote:
Quote:
only available to residents of the U.S.
thumbsdown
Agreed !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
TX
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Prize Update:

2 of the 30 prizes will be:

- 1 copy of Roads & Boats
- 1 copy of Settlers of Catan 10th Anniversary 3-D Special Edition Chest Set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nairb Attobas
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Linux userMicrobadge: Obey the hypnotic powers of my beanie propeller.Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Pirate
Aldie wrote:
Prize Update:

2 of the 30 prizes will be:

- 1 copy of Roads & Boats
- 1 copy of Settlers of Catan 10th Anniversary 3-D Special Edition Chest Set
Holy Hell! Tanga folks ponying up some big bucks, ain't they?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [109] |