Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode # 67 of the Dice Tower has been posted!

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

In this episode, we finish up our contest for Ninja Galaxy and www.meeplepeople.com, and start a new contest for Giftrap and Twilight Imperium 3. Rick and Moritz give us the news, and Jason explains once again why I’m wrong. Tom reviews Memoir ‘44: Pacific Expansion, we mention our websites of the month, and have a session report of several games. We round the show off with our top ten exploration games, and answer some random board game questions

You can find the top ten list here:

http://www.thedicetower.com/thedicetower/index.php?page=top_...

Discussion about the show is here:

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/pen/vpost?id=1396152

Enjoy!

Tom Vasel
"Real men play board games"
www.thedicetower.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. It'll be interesting to see how you rate Conquest of Paradise when it comes out. Have you preordered that one? Anways, I reckon it will probably be your type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
laugh heh heh! oh man David, YOU made a very 'funneh' comment with yours about the "pre-ordering" 'thang'! of course he hadn't! While you can be certain that he WILL 'get' this I suppose, just as long as those "seaslugs" can carry it over to him there in "Korea"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
St. Patrick for Banish the Snakes by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand, Robert; why is what David said funny? It's true that the cost of shipping P500 orders overseas can be rather expensive. But then, shipping anything that far will be costly. It depends on what you think is important to have shipped. And from my discussion with Tom at Origins this summer, he did seem interested in Conquest of Paradise.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin, I think Robert is speculating that Tom may get a free copy of this - not that he wouldn't be interested! I am sure that Tom would be interested in this game - let's face it, it's probably his sort of game.

Tom probably (I really don't know, but I think it's true) gets a fair amount of free games sent to him. When you run a Podcast and a web-site that thousands of gamers tune into, then a lot of companies are bound to see you as a good person to send a free copy to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
St. Patrick for Banish the Snakes by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, perhaps you're correct, David. Robert's rather criptic reference to seaslugs made me think that he was trying to say that the shipping to Korea would make pre-ordering a game impossible. But now that you mention it, I have heard that free games are a nice bonus for widely read game reviewers.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"you 'catch on' FAST!" nope, I wasn't inferring that actual "seaslugs" would be 'involved' with the "shipping" of such as that, and just WHOM do I 'get' "offering" 'moi' some FREE "Reviews" kind of 'stuff'? W-R-O-N-G-! Yet, I BEATS DOWN ole "Tom"}g here in a "Reviewsb{ Contest" as I am wont to remind y`all upon JUST this BIG ole 'factoid' `cause it'll "be-irk" the be-jebus out of YOUs! Anyways, don't forget to wear your 'bibs' or you'll spill yer 'pablums' upon your shirt there then. While sure, I'm "resting upon my laurels" and until YOU 'do' likewise...HA! yeah right!
"you're doing a heckuva 'JORB' there TOMnie!"
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grognads is the surreal poet of this Forum. I really enjoy his cryptic comments. I know some don't, but there you go.

Hey Robert, 'bout time we had you as GotW isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
thanks, but NO thanks and I generally like to "rib" ole TOM here, and many others as well that can handle such. While I have to admit that I do 'envy' his proclivities upon what he has done, and continues to DO for our mutual benefits in gravitating other folks upon the likes of HERE! I don't K-E-E-E-D-! when I give him MY heartfelt "thanks" on behalf of many others as well as myself. He's an all around "GREAT Guy" and nothing can detract from this, and I truly mean it when I 'say':
"Keep UP the Good 'JORB'!"
and HE will...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It finally dawned on me... GROGnads is the Snuffy Smith of BGG! For those of you who didn't ever have the pleasure of Snuffy gracing the comic section of your local newspaper, I would recommend a visit to Wikipedia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.