Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can infantry combine attacks? Do they have to be adjacent? No? Do they have to be stacked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my understanding that as long as you are within range of your target, all units may combine fire, though it often is not advisable to do so. Ogre Treads have a separate rule for combined fire (#7.13.2 in the ODE rulebook).

Infantry may also split attacks based on using whole numbers of their attack strength (i.e., a 3 unit Infantry can make three 1 point attacks, or a one point and a two point ...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response.

Not to combine when I need to hit the main battery? Wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Combining on a MB is likely a good idea, if all you have are Infantry to attack with, but adding some armor sure helps in such an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raynovich wrote:
Not to combine when I need to hit the main battery? Wow.

It's better to take two 1:1 shots than one 2:1 shot. Typically, the best use of infantry is to complement other units to get exactly 1:1 shots and avoid wasted factors. But given the MB's high defense, it's usually a target that you'll want to combine fire on.

Let me know if you're up for a FTF game over the holidays. I'm game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.