Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, can you please recommend any good game stores in or around LA?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Goss
United States
Upland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
L.A. area has a lot of great game stores. I travel a lot for work in the Inland Empire, Orange, San Diego, and Los Angeles (mostly the valley) Counties. These are some of my favorites:

Game Empire in Pasadena - great selection, huge gaming area and community.

Shuffle and Cut in La Habra - good selection and they sell most of their games below MSRP which is just unheard of.

Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove - a great place to find dusty gems.

The Monstore in Montclair - They have really stepped up their 'game' so to speak. They have the best game selection in the Inland Empire.

I heard Aero Hobbies & Games in Santa Monica is great, but I haven't been there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice house games in Fullerton is really good too. Right now everything in the store is 15% off (through December I believe) and games on the new game shelf are 20% off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michael6055 wrote:

I heard Aero Hobbies & Games in Santa Monica is great, but I haven't been there.

Aero games is friendly and has a really good selection, but it's really small for actual gaming and community.

Game Empire is really amazing.

There's also Gamehaus for gaming (not buying, I think, but maybe). They also have good food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeeshkul wrote:
Hi guys, can you please recommend any good game stores in or around LA?

Don't forget to check meetup.com. There are so many great board game meetups. Also west side gamers, which is on yahoo groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Berck
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GameHaus doesn't sell games, but they have a ton of games there to play. The food is decent, though most of the desserts run on the sweet side.

Aero Hobbies in Santa Monica has a really nice selection and they're good people. They have a gaming night on Fridays, though the table space is limited.

There's also Next Gen Games on Wilshire near La Brea in the Mid-Wilshire area. Right across the street from them is Miracle Mile Toys & Games, which is tiny and doesn't have a huge selection, but they're worth checking if Next Gen doesn't have what you're looking for. Next Gen does a board game night on Wednesdays.

Game Empire over in Pasadena is also an excellent spot with plenty of room for gaming.

Emerald Knights over in Burbank also has a good selection of games and some tables upstairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
michael6055 wrote:
Shuffle and Cut in La Habra - good selection and they sell most of their games below MSRP which is just unheard of.

Well that must has changed. He was gonna sell me Attack Wing Enterprise Refit for 60 USD, because that was the Amazon price . Some 40 USD games were over 100. Really a ridiculous display. They deal with MtG too much to stay in reality.
Hope their landlord does the same to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls